Author Topic: What's your favorite cartoon?  (Read 11035 times)

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
What's your favorite cartoon?
« on: September 24, 2005, 11:54:46 pm »
Barnes & Noble had a special on Calvin & Hobbes this week - "The Essential Calvin & Hobbes" & "Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat"......I couldn't pass them up!!  Calvin & Hobbes & Charlie Brown & Snoopy are my favorites!!!   ;D ;D ;D 

Anybody else out there like these??  What're your favs??

Grins!
Laurie

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite cartoon?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 12:51:46 am »
I like the Far Side, and I have a soft spot for Dilbert.  I also like this cartoon called Bizarro.

As a Calvin and Hobbes fan, you will appreciate that my friend used to have an acid jazz band called Spaceman Spiff...   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

dohertyswissy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:01:10 am »
I LOVE Dilbert!  It is honest-to-goodness like my office and OOOOHHHH how I relate to Alice!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 09:47:06 am »
I am a HUGE cartoon junkie, and watch Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel all the time.......... .lol

As for printed comics, I've always like Calvin and Hobbes, and was really disappointed when they stopped making them.......... ......along with The Far Side.  That could always make me laugh.  Family Circus is another favorite and Luanne........ ....actually most comics I like.......... lol   ::)  ::)

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 09:55:02 am »
i like family guy , robot chicken , futurama & spongebob  :P

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 10:26:09 am »
I've never heard of robot chicken but the others you mentioned are also my favs along with South Park.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 10:26:41 am »
Yay, cartoons!  My favorite print cartoon right now is Get Fuzzy.  We like to watch Futurama too!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 10:34:05 am »
I've never heard of robot chicken but the others you mentioned are also my favs along with South Park.
Ya' know I was just thinking...Is Robot Chicken pretty new?...I haven't allowed cable in my home for over a year now...That's probably why I've never seen it.

angelsmama

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 12:54:25 pm »
lol yeah its new.. its on cartoon network at night its dolls that look like celebs lmao one had one that looked like arnold schznegger lmao i know thats bad misspelled but he was in a drs office and dr was holding up an xray and said its not tumor and that was all of that skit.. 

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 01:05:19 pm »
Check out "Tripping the Rift" on SciFi.
It gets downright vulgar sometimes.
But then, ye who live in glass houses...yada, yada,yada.
Have always been a "Far Side" fan.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

angelsmama

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 09:29:59 pm »
athf is great  :D

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 10:41:58 pm »
Gosh I feel so old-school.  I loved Scooby Doo, but also the Smurfs (which I can't find anywhere anymore) and the old Nickelodeon cartoons (especially Belle and Sebastian), and Rainbow Brite (please no one make fun of me).  I haven't watched a new cartoon in years though, except South Park. 

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 10:47:42 pm »
HA! THE SMURFS! RAINBOW BRIGHT! YESSSSSSSSSSS! (Not laughing AT you Cincy, WITH you....) They were two faves as a kid!

Now-a-days....I don't have TV or anything....bu t....I do love South Park, of COURSE the Simpsons, and I have to admit I find Sponge Bob hilarious!

Print cartoons...the top of my list is DEFINITELY Bloom County/Outland/Opus...and have you guys ever seen Boondocks? OH MY GOD its funny. And scathing. I love it.

I also got into Robotman for awhile.

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 10:49:57 pm »
Ok thank you for having my back on the Smurfs and Rainbow Brite or Bright or however you spell it! 

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 10:52:26 pm »
How could I have forgotten Garfield?  It seemed like they never showed any of them, but I loved Garfield and Friends, I think it was on Saturday morning.  I even bought a Garfield DVD of cartoons for the holidays.  I just love that fat cat and how he torments Odie.