Author Topic: Haunted Places  (Read 7748 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Haunted Places
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 04:09:20 am »
I don't have too many stories, but in college I did a study abroad where we lived in a Dutch castle. There was a little girl names Sophie who haunted the castle. She mostly did all your typical stuff - doors opening and closing, lights and things going on and off, creaking and footsteps, etc. And there was one particular song that she really liked so if the cd was in the player in the lounge, the player would sometimes turn itself on and go to that song.

I'm attaching a picture of the castle just cause I have it on this computer  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 09:52:56 am »
 ::) Ok here is my story as well: When my granfather passed away I was pregnant with my oldest son Chris. That night I went to bed and was awakened by the water bed waving (this was before waveless beds). I didn't really think anything about it just figured husband was tossing and turning but he wasn't in bed at that time. After a few minutes I was bale to go back to sleep. Early in the morning the phone rang and before I even answered it I told my husband that my grandad had died. What's so weird is he wasn't even sick.

My parents also lived in a haunted house. Lights would come on by themselves, blender would come on and it wouldn't be plugged in. Anyway my brother couldn't go south for the funeral for my granfather and he stayed home. The night of the visitation he was sleeping in his room. In the closet on a shelf he kept his motorcycle helmet. He heard weird noises and woke up, when he turned over in bed facing the closet the door opened and the helmet flew out . While at the funeral my brother called and told us what happened and we were talking to my aunt and she said grandad came to say good bye to me and he use to like to pat my cousins water bed and make it move in waves, and he must of been mad at my brother and tried to scare him with the helmet.

It seems weird but I always know when something is going to happen before it does.

The scariest thing that has happened to me or a family member is at my parents house we use to come and spend the weekend with them. Chris was about 1 1/2 and would sleep in between my husband . Anyway one night we were all sound asleep and CHris woke up screaming saying he saw something in the bed. Then all of a sudden saw a black arm like thing reach up from under the covers. Needless to say Chris would not spend the night there anymore.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 11:22:51 am »
WHY DID I READ THIS TONIGHT??? Ill never get any sleep. You guys are great at telling your stories. Im a true believer in ghosts.
I really need to go read some less scary stuff but when I get time Ill add my stories too.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 12:35:39 pm »
I do not like ghosts...I do not like ghost stories...I wont go see any movie that is in the least bit "ghosty" any more - last scary movie I saw was "Damien" - I couldn't sleep for a week with out the lights on - we lived on the edge of a cornfield with mature oaks and it was windy, fall & scary --- in the movie, the wind blew when bad things were going to happen....you can imagine my fear!!!!  Only exception since high school was "Ghost"....and that one took me a long while to watch all the way thru while cowering on the couch under a blanket - good thing my younger brother & his wife were in the room!!!).......

I don't know what kind of sick fascination made me click on this thread and read all your stories..I won't be able to sleep tonight without the lights on......here's mine....these aren't really haunted "places"...just hauntings that have occured throughout my life.....

My first memory of encounters with the spirit world was when I was 4...I slept downstairs in a wonderful room all by my self - my 2 older brothers were across the hall, my little brother was upstairs (little sister wasn't born yet)....one morning I'm having a dream that someone is in my room...I wake up because I'm being poked in the back near my right shoulder blade, and I started crying because when I looked no one was there, but I could "feel" someone in the room with me....between then & college this same spirit visited me many times...scarin g me so much that many nights I slept with the lights on just so "he" wouldn't visit...don't ask how I knew it was a "he"....many times the weight of the spirit would have me pinned in the bed - unable to move and so scared my scalp would crawl & I could hardly speak to try to call for help...when I started praying to Jesus for help...everyth ing would go back to normal....I get to college, freshman year and the number of "visits" goes way up....on night before I'm supposed to go on a canoe camping trip...the spirit visits in the middle of the night, I wake my roommate & best friend up crying out for help, she turns the light on & no one is there....neith er of us got much more sleep....I leave for the trip, she goes back to sleep & is woken up by the spirit sitting on her bed & patting her legs....she freaks & calls an older friend who is a pychic to come & help...when I get back from the trip the 3 of us plus my roommate's bf get together & the psychic asks me to "call" the spirit...I asked her if she were nuts!!!  I've been terrified everytime this thing visited for nearly 14 years.....afte r arguing that I have no clue how to call it - she says just to think about the last time it came....needle ss to say, as she goes into a trance, I think about the last "visit" and next thing....there "he" is....terrifyi ng pressence & all, and her arm makes a grab & catches him....she later told me that "he" had been pestering me that whole year to make me call her 'cause he had something to tell her and could only speak thru her.....it get's wierder....psy chic says his name is "Kerathalon" and he was a gladiator for my family in Roman times...he worshipped the ground I walked on and just wanted to be with me & had no idea that he was nearly frightening me to death......goo d thing is that after he realized he was scaring me, he only visited a couple of times more...

I have dreams that come true years before the event happens....dej a vu is such a common part of my existence that it doesn't surprise me anymore....

(My oldest brother knows who is on the phone when it rings & likes to freak people out by saying hello to them before they say anything .... this has been happening way before caller id!!)

I've seen demons outside my windows looking in - after that started happening, I started praying a hedge of protection around the house & making sure that the blinds were shut!!!

I've seen a demon sitting on the roofline of my neighboor's house (they didn't like my dogs, so I thought that was poetic justice) - they weren't happy people, & they gave away their 10 year old's dalmation when he chose to live with his mother instead of them (father & step-mother) >:(

I've seen Jesus (that was a life changing experience for the better AND IS NOT A GHOST STORY!!!) :D

When I went to Ireland this past Feb for a church retreat, I had nightly visits from demons that were trying to disrupt the retreat.... >:(  Praying was the only thing that made them go away...

When I put Sammy Jo (my horse) down because she had an extremely arthritic "ankle" joint, it was terrible - she was happy hobbling around munching grass, I let the vet convince me that this was no life for a horse & made the terrible decision....it was only supposed to take 2 injections - he scared her (she was head shy) when he put the iv in her neck & she fought the drug - took 5 injections...w ith me crying hysterically & trying to comfort her....when she drew her last breath & her heart stopped, I had a vision of her - she was standing, whole & healthy & happy in a meadow with green hills behind it....I knew she was okay & although I grieved (still do) her passing...I know she is in a better place....

When Miko died in the spring of '04, he came and visited me in church - I was sitting there missing him dreadfully the first Sunday after I'd had to put him down (old age, arthritis & a herniated lumbar disc that eventually paralyzed his back legs) and he was there, jumping up & licking my face & going crazy with joy to be there with me....he also visited me later in the week as I was driving to work....he liked to ride "shot-gun" - it was his seat & no one was allowed to sit there except him when he was in the car....this morning, just like in church, he was there - sitting in his seat, & leaning over to lick my right ear, then laying his head across the console & leaning it on my hand as it rested there....

A good friend's father died & I went to the wake & funeral...I could sense the friend's father in the room at the wake...he was angry & came & talked to me a couple days while I was driving home from work....seems he thought I was a relationship threat for his son & son's wify....I told him to go check with Jesus & that I don't date married men (or those that have SO's).....and he left the car pronto.....

After being terrified by "Kerathalon" for all those years while growing up, and seeing demons as a grown-up, I don't like ghosts or their stories...I think they are sad spirits that chose to remain here instead of going to a better place..... :'(  Pray for them y'all - they need all the help they can get!

Added later:
Oh, and how could I forget?  At my Grandmother's (Dad's side) funeral I saw her & Gr'pa standing there holding hands & watching us....and my grandmother on my mom's side visited after she died to tell me that she loved me.....

All of the above is Wierd - yes!  and True - yes!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 09:22:54 pm by LaurieW »

Anakalia

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 11:44:20 am »
Ok, I was not even gonna go here, because I don't want everyone thinking I'm some wacko.  It's kinda freaky, cause I thought "This crap doesn't happen to me!"  But it did and it happend last week.   It's not scary really, but I thought I'd share so y'all can get a good laugh out of it cause it has to do with me on a toilet!

Anyway...Some of you know I had to put my cat, Missy, to sleep a few months back.  She was 13 and having some behavioral issues which we could not break her of.  I decided to put her down, but cried a LOT and felt guilty because I thought maybe I didn't do the right thing and she was dead now and she probably totally hated me.  Well to set this story up one of the things she LOVED to do was bug me while I was in the bathroom.  If the door wasn't latched she'd come dragging her tail along the vanity up to me while I was on the toilet and she'd meow her crazy meow and "talk" to me while purring and rubbing up against my leg.  Apparently she thought I was lonely in there so we'd have "conversations".  She did this about everytime I went in there and forgot to latch the door.  Well after she passed away I thought about her a lot but recently I haven't been thinking about her as much.  I went into the bathroom last week before going to bed, it was about midnight and I never turned on the bathroom light, because we have a nighlight in there and the moon was shining through the windows so it was pretty light in the house.  I sat down on the toilet and happend to look at the door and what do I see?  A Missy shadow, walking into the bathroom dragging her tail along the vanity!  The shadow came up to my leg looked like it brushed up against my leg and when that happend my leg got really warm.  I thought ghosty things made the air cold?  Well, whatever I was freaked and at the same time mesmerized.   I couldn't take my eyes off her!  The shadow turned around and sat down in front of me as she used to do.  Before I even realized it, I blurted, "I love you." And I heard her crazy MEOOWW!!  So I stood up and walked out of the bathroom BAWLING my eyes out cause this feeling of releif swept over me like everything was ok and I no longer felt guilty.  After 10 minutes of crying I realized I forgot to go pee!  I was so swept up in everything I had seen I just got up and walked out of the bathroom. LOL  I know this whole story sounds super crazy that's why I wasn't gonna tell anyone, but a ghost is a ghost and I beleive 100% I saw what I saw.  I have no more feelings of guilt about Missy's situation and I can say I truly beleive in life after death.  Hope you enjoyed my toilet story!
 ;D
Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 01:24:00 pm »
I immesely enjoyed your toilet story.   ;D

I think that is pretty darn cool your cat came to visit you in the place she used to.  A lovely story I think.  I'll take pet ghosts over people ghosts any day........... ...........as long as it's not like Pet Cemetary.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 11:39:00 pm »
Andi, your story brought tears to my eyes!

Something similar happened to me just a couple of days ago.

I had stopped in at the vet's office on my way to work to ask the receptionist (also the vet's wife) a question. As I was waiting in the lobby I felt something nudge up against my leg. I thought, "Oh cool, they have an office cat now." 'cause that's exactly what it felt like - a cat rubbing on my leg. So, I bent down to pet the kitty and... there was nothing there. It was literally a second between the nudge and me bending down. (With all the cats at my house, it's like an automatic response for me.) But no cat or any other critter to be seen when I bent down to pet the nudger.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 01:01:15 am »
Ok I just got through reading all the stories, and wow there are some scary stories. Ok time for mine and I have quite a few, most are encounters with bad spirits.

OK first one when I was in grade 3 we lived in an old  over 100 year old house. The owners died in the Halifax explosion. One night I woke up and I saw a figure in my door way. I looked like a women in a long dress, she was glimmering and then it vanished. I just went back to sleep. My brothers also saw the figure we thought nothing if it as she was harmless. But there was also something else in that house that was not good.
Because the house was so old we were doing some renovations, adding an addtion to the house and, getting rid of the stone foundation and putting a concrete one in.  One afternoon my father was in that stone basement helping clear out the rocks, he stopped for a moment and thought of his father that passed away that summer said a prayer and began walking out of the basement. He just got out of the basement when the whole thing caved in.
We moved out of that house soon after.
Then nothing happend to me until my first year at Dalhousie University. I lived in an all girls dorm that was (and still is) haunted by a girl that commited suicide back in the 1800"s after she found out that she was pregnant with the deans baby. Well one night I woke up and all I could hear was a womens screaming. I look at my room mate, she looks at me like I am crazy. I still hear it and I finally ask her if she hears the scream and she says no.  After that I had no more encounters with her.

That Christmas I get the bright idea to buy tarot cards, I also used a ouija board  too, Not knowing that if not used properly you can open your self up to the spirit world. (according to a friend of mine) Although I think I was"sensitive" to spirits long before the tarot cards, anyway, not long after I used the tarot cards I began having dreams that something would grab me and pull me out of bed. I would then wake up and my body would be so stiff that I couldn't move, and I would almost be shaking, then I would try and move but I couldn't, I would feel this thing press on my chest and pushing me on the bed. Then I would pray, and I would stop. I still have this happen to me to this day. And it has followed me from Nova Scotia to Alberta. (across country)
The worst encounter I had with this spirit, was last Christmas, I woke up for a split second and then closed my eyes, then my body went stiff, and then the pushing on the chest happened. Only this time it felt like it was trying to hurt me, I couldn't breath or move. I have never been so scared in my life, I finally screamed and began to cry. And it went away. 
Its been a while since it has happened. And I am glad.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 03:45:51 am »
Tina

Here is a link ( I would write the story out but I have a meeting to go to, but I'll be happy to explain more when I get back  ;D, in about 45 min.)

http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mma/AtoZ/HalExpl.html

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 04:27:23 am »
OMG!!  Nina, that's super spooky.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that something like that doesn't happen to you again, if it's been awhile hopefully it has stopped. 

And I'm super embarrassed about my toilet story, but I'm glad y'all enjoyed it.  After I submitted it to the board, I wanted soooo badly to delete it, but I was so tired last night I just went to bed.  I finally had the guts to tell Tony about it last night.  I didn't want to because he's really good at making me feel like a jacka$$ but his reaction suprised me.  He looked like he was gonna cry!!  He HATED that cat, and yet he understood my story and said, wow that's "trippy". lol  And I think he was a little spooked by it.  But the story gets better... I then told him after this happend I no longer feel guilty and that I really miss having a cat in the house, and the guy that said NO ANIMALS ever again, replied, "I do to.  When the time is right we'll get another one, maybe a kitty will find us!"  I seriously about crapped my pants! Where did my pesimistic Tony go? lol

Ok now, back to more ghost stories please....  ;D

Andi

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 05:17:10 am »
Andi - Great toilet story!!! I wonder if Tenchi has any good toilet ghost stories???
Okay I have a story but it's not really spooky if you have a real open mind.  My son, who is now 17 has always had what I call an "Old Soul". He has always been unusually sensitive and caring even from a young age and understood things beyond his years.  From the time he started talking he would tell us things about his "other life". We didn't coax things out if him they would come up.  We would be driving along in the country and he would say he was there before (he wasn't) and when I told him that he had never been there before he would say, "Not with you, with my other mother". At different times he told us he had many brother's and sisters, they all slept in a big bed together and he was the youngest.  Some how they had been attacked and his family was killed. I asked him how he came to us and he said he "fell in a hole."  Now I know that he didn't make this up because he started when he was like only 2 and once I did ask him some questions and he started telling a story (he was about 5 then) and I could tell he was fibbing and when I called him on it he started giggling.  What we think is that he lived back in the days that the US was being settled because he described living on a farm and not having water or a bathroom in the house and his large family must have been attacked by Indians. I think "falling in a hole" was his sensation of dying and the next he remembered he was with us.  I know, I'm a little crazy and now when we tell him he looks at us like we're making it up but I really believe he has an "old soul!! :o 

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 05:28:10 am »
I don't think that you are crazy, some people really do remember past lives that they have had.  :) I think it's really neat.

Nina
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 05:28:42 am by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 08:24:04 pm »
Bump for more scarey stories :o

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2005, 04:18:32 am »

I would then wake up and my body would be so stiff that I couldn't move, and I would almost be shaking, then I would try and move but I couldn't, I would feel this thing press on my chest and pushing me on the bed. Then I would pray, and I would stop. I still have this happen to me to this day. And it has followed me from Nova Scotia to Alberta. (across country)

Its been a while since it has happened. And I am glad.

Nina

Nina - I had the same experiences with the spirit that was visiting me all during my childhood & teen years...my dad was career Navy, we moved almost every 3 years....and the thing followed with every move.......I would be having a nightmare, wake up, unable to move, scared almost out of my wits, the weight of the thing pressing me into the bed, and the only thing that helped was turning on the light & praying.  Since the psychic friend talked to it when I was in college, I've only had a few visits from that spirit, but unfortunately a few others decided to visit.  :(  Praying definitely helps.

-LaurieW