Author Topic: Snorring!!!  (Read 11098 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Snorring!!!
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:50:54 am »
:-\Hi everyone. Just wondering if snorring is a normal thing for a St.?? Judge snores SO LOUD we have to wake him up at night.He sleeps right beside the bed and sometimes I think he must be waking the people next door.He is our first St. and I havent been able to find any info. on this.???Thanks goodness his head has gotten to big to fit under my bed.  ;DThanks Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Snorring!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 08:08:59 am »
I think alot of giants snore. I know that Bear with snore away wherever he is when he is sleeping. It is so funny to hear. He also snores more when he is really tired, like after a long play session.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 08:26:39 am »
 ;DThanks jabear. I was thinking this was likely a normal thing but just wanted to make sure.
Karen

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 08:59:49 am »
Coonie my Spotakiss loves to snoar too.Hes only 5 months old.My first saint so we can learn together.Is he trained?

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 09:30:03 am »
Hi Jules. You mean are we trained?. LOL Judge just turned 1 in March and he is really quite a good dog. He likes to get into a bit of trouble when we are out but we pretty much have that under controle, I think. HEHEHE He ate 2 whole bags of bread and 2 lbs of butter on 2 seperate occasions. He also ate a whole bag of bagles.He eats well. HEHEHE Im trained now to make sure NOTHING is left on the counter and to change the garbage when we go out.I have 3 children 5,6 and 2. He is so good with them. He walks better on a lead with my 2 year old than he does with me. Although thats just around the house.I am considering putting him in obediance training though. He LOVES people a bit too much sometimes.
How is your Spotakiss with your child??Looks like they love each other from the pic. He is a really beautiful St. Long coat??
Thanks for the reply!!
Karen

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 10:27:20 am »
Spotakiss is really good with him, although sometimes he gets too excited and knocks my son down.I also have an eleven year old.Im thinking about putting him in classes too.He thinks everyone wants to pet him if were out on a walk.Just the other day he ate a whole package of cheesecake fig newtons,so I am too learning.Altho ugh I cant blame him sometimes I want to eat the whole thing too.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 03:41:47 pm »
Welcome to the snoring breeds hehe. I have said on here before that when I go to bed after everyone else one of the things I am trying to figure out is if hubby or the dogs snore the most. All my dogs snore, well everyone except our Husky, but the worst snorer I have had was a dane, his name was Zorro and he didnt just snore, he was chasing cats in his sleep too, his legs were kicking all over the place and thats a bad news when you share bed with them. I dont know how many times I woke up from a big kick in the middle of my stomach.

So I am sure he is just being his normal, handsome self

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 08:38:52 pm »
Tu Chez! I wonder who does snore the loudest? In my home it is tight competition between the dog and husband.  ;D

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 10:54:24 pm »
Well I guess that answers my question.Thank s. Oh yes and the second loudest in our house :-[ I hate to say would be me. LOL

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 11:37:52 pm »
Too too funny, but dont feel bad, my hubby is trying to make me believe that I am louder than him, haaa, how would he know he is alway sleeping way before me lol...

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Jerry

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 09:06:34 pm »
Our Josh snores like a buzzsaw...  This is typical of softmouth dogs.  That's why Josh does not sleep in our bedroom   ;D

Offline OwnedbyaSaint

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 09:10:35 pm »
My Bernard snores also.  She is loud about it, too!

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 12:01:05 am »
 ;)I think all big dogs snore. Our Tessa a German Sheppard X used to snore really loudly. I had my husband snoring on one side of me and Tessa on the other side. So far my greyhounds do not snore but they do wimper when they sleep.

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline momma-st

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 07:00:23 am »
Hi this is only our second post.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone. But back to the snorring. Maggie's snorring is and every night occurrence at our house.  My husband and i also think that she dreams about chasing bunny rabbits or what ever will run. :D

nickerbokker

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 08:59:53 am »
well, im glad that all of your dogs snor, BECAUSE MINE WONT EVEN SLEEP!

MY DOG, I SWARE TO GOD, IS UP ALL NIGHT LONG BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF ME AND CODY.....HE PULLS ON CODY'S TAIL, HE STALKS AND THEN POUNCES HIM AND THEN ME, HE DIGS ON MY STOMACH, HE SITS THERE AND JUST BARKS AT ME, OR MY NEW AVORITE, HE GRABS MY CLOTHES AND JUST STARTS TO PULL AS HARD AS HE CAN....I HAVE THE DEVIL.

on a lighter note, i could not live a day without angus, although im pissed all night while i can't sleep, in the morning when i think about everything he did to me the night before just for some love and attention, i just laugh for a about 30 minutes and then give him a bear hug!