Author Topic: i hate people who judge breeds  (Read 14870 times)

angelsmama

i hate people who judge breeds
« on: September 25, 2005, 04:23:41 pm »
when i was  walking angel today someone was petting her saying how sweet she is and kissed her head while angel licked her. angel was showing just how gentle she is. she asked what kind of dog angel is, i told her a rottweiler mix.she jerked her hands back and close to her and said "that dog could have bit me, she'll turn on you!"  >:( i told her "you just kissed my dog, and now shes evil since you know what she is?? if she was to ever bite it'd be an idiot like you" and walked off with my dog.

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
Re: i hate people who judge breeds
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 08:39:07 pm »

Isn't that sad?

This is how breeds of dogs get outlawed. The general public just has no idea that the majority of dogs in any breed are good canine citizens that belong to responsible pet owners.

It's the irresponsible few that get all the rest of us in the soup.

The best thing you can do is have your well mannered dog out in public as much as possible, being seen behaving well.

And if she's a mix, come up with a funny name. Louisiana Lap dog? Texas Tree climber? Carolina canine?

;)

You also have another opportunity to educate people on how to approach dogs they are not familiar with.

It is a BAD IDEA for anyone to put their face up to a dog's head that they do not know. This is a STRONG gesture of dominance to dogs. Think of how dogs interact. When one dog comes up and puts his face right in another dog's, it's not generally a friendly gesture.

Dogs are not people. Many people are bitten in the face when they do this, and esp lots of kids.

I school people gently all the time about these sorts of things.

I try to set my dogs up for success, so I CONTROL their interactions with the public, and how people approach and interact with them.

Just a little food for thought.

;)
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Blair

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 08:48:05 pm »
When I was at the hotel, I was walking Zeus, to go potty, and this lady with a Cocker and Schnauzer was also walking her dogs. She had a little boy with her holding the Schnauzer. When she got closer I heard her make this comment "Becareful so that dog doesnt kill ours, he is a Rottweiler"  >:( Zeus was a very good boy, didnt bark or anything at this people, just minding his own buisness. Sadly I am used to those comments by now, but they still upset me.

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 10:24:20 pm »
It's a chronic problem with dobermans too. I figure if they are that predujudiced and stupid I don't want to deal with them anyway, so they may as well be afraid of my dog. It bothers me more when they are teaching their children the same crap, thus ensuring another generation of idiots.
Stella

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 10:28:35 pm »
beautiful doberman you have  :) as i always say - punish the deed not the breed.. not sure how many has seen this video.. www.pitbullpro blem.tk

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 10:32:59 pm »
I actually took the time to ask a woman with that type of attitude why she thought that way. She said " No one should be allowed to have those kind of dogs in public. My Aunt Bertha was bitten badly by one of those."
I said "Oh, I understand now. My Uncle Fred was hit by a car, walking down the street. I guess no one should ever drive again, right?"
Stella

angelsmama

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 10:38:10 pm »
lol! nice come back.. well those who dont like my ms angel , thats just more love she can give someone else  :)

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 10:39:00 pm »
Stella and Jenn,
 WOOOOOOOOOOH! Good answers! Fortunately, Cabeza doesn't look Chow-ish enough to ever have comments like that made. I know people would say stuff like that if they thought he was a Chow.

angelsmama

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 11:06:02 pm »
cabeza is such a handsome boy as well  :) i cant get enough of this site, everyones pretty babies  ;D

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 12:12:10 am »
Isnt it crazy the way some people think. Ive been living in my new house for 2 months now and you wouldn beleive the comments I get. OMG. It drives me nuts. I just started getting mail today cause the Mail Man was scared of Judge. Our last Mail Man gave Judge cookies so he Loves Mail Men. I had to track down my old mail man to talk to the new guy to let him know Judge wouldnt eat him. I even made sure Judge was in when the mail come but he wouldnt come near the house. I can understand being worried but all he had to do was come to the front door and I would have introduced him to Judge. The little dogs around here seem more vicious than my big whimp. HEHEHEHE
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 12:17:31 am »
Angelsmom-Cabeza says, "Aw, shucks. Thank ya, ma'am." hehehehe!

Coonie...wooh! Let me tell you my mail man story! hahahaha! One day, my daughter and her friend were in the front yard with Cabeza. They were brushing him. The mail man walks up and says, "You little a$$holes, put that dog away!" The kids, who at this time are like, 10, say, "What? He's nice, he won't hurt you." And the mail man starts YELLING AND CURSING (more) at these two ten year olds! So, Cabeza starts barking at him! The mailman HITS AND KICKS Cabeza and tells the kids that they are two SOB's and runs away.  The kids and Cabeza come in, and as they are telling us the story, ANIMAL CONTROL shows up about a BIG VICIOUS BLACK DOG. I'm like, 'HELLO?! THis mailman calls my TEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER an a$$hole, and yells at her, and my dog barks and the DOG is vicious?" I think that the mailman needs to be investigated! I couldn't believe it!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 12:23:59 am »
OMG Did you ever get mail again ?? Your poor kids. That Mail man is lucky Cabeza didnt chew his leg off to protect HIS kids.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

angelsmama

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 12:25:28 am »
omg  :o that man would be missing if he did that to me. angel would have eat him  :D shes sweet but she doesnt like anyone screaming around me.

GR8DAME

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 12:27:14 am »
Swore at my kids??? Hit and kicked my dog????
That's one federal employee that would be in a federal food kitchen with my size sevens planted so far somewhere that he'd have to find a proctologist!
Stella

angelsmama

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 12:28:30 am »
LOL! i couldnt agree anymore gr8