Author Topic: hairy p00p?  (Read 3002 times)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
hairy p00p?
« on: September 26, 2005, 12:29:19 am »
i know this is lil too picturesque but... Cody is a golden, and hence, a shedder... His discharge always looked a bit .. woolly and i took this as normal...

when Nikki first came to us, she didn't exhibit the wooly poopy symptom. now, a month later, her fecal matter is also beginning to look a lil hairy. i understand dog hair's also keratinized proteins (keratin) and the disulfide bonds can't be broken down by stomach acids, etc. i know dog hair can cause constipation, but Cody has never had a problem w/ the hair issue. but every lil change in the St. Bernard puppy makes me nervous so i'd figure i'd get the general consensus on this matter.

(and yes, i know grooming, constant bushing, Swifter'ing my hardwood floors 6x a day can help alleviate this, but you know... it is what it right now..  ::)  )

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: hairy p00p?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 11:24:11 am »
bump

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 11:32:26 am »
Hairy poop huh? Well I would have to agree that the general shedding problem causes some hairy poop to come out. I don't get wooly stuff but there is hair stuck in it from time to time. Hope that helps.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 10:19:57 pm »
Gyrl always has furry poop.   :-\  She does a lot of self grooming so I just chalk it up to that.  When we lived on the other farm in NY, Mojo had it occasionally.  However that was because he was an avid mouser, not due to self grooming.  :P

Ok I'll bite, what's a Bezoar look like?  lol  Isn't that a stone or something from a goat's stomach that, according to supperstion, is supposed to have magical properties?  Sounds interesting.  ;)
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 11:47:13 pm »
ugh.. maybe  GYPSY JAZMINE shoulda let this post die in peace...