Samoyeds > Samoyed Discussions & Pictures

pictures of my Sammy named Zachary

<< < (2/2)

Saintgirl:
You are about to experience your first blowing of the coat? Have fun!! I didn't know it was possible for a dog to lose so much fur when it happened with us the first time!

LuvmyMal:
I am ready for it! I just want to see what her final coat will be like. I am sure we will take pics so I can post them. We brush a lot now especially with the heat, I heard that cools them down, but I can't tell at all. She has a pool and a cooler bed and plenty of a.c. and fans.

fuzzywzhe:
You're ready for it?   :D Have you ever had a long haired dog before?

Bring your dog to the local PetCo and start trying out different COMBS - brushes won't do anything.  You might want a rake.  You want teeth on the comb or rake that are WIDELY spaced, 1/4 inch apart is ideal - this will pull out the undercoat.

I bring my dogs inside to comb them out because it produces so much hair.  Just do it in a room that's easy to vaccuum.  If your dog has never been groomed before, be patient.  I'd recommend you start right now.  When your dog is sick of grooming (which will be quickly if she's never been groomed before) quit, and then start up later again.

It takes me about 1-2 hours to completely comb out my dogs, and I'm good at it.  I have Samoyeds though and I'm pretty obsessive about their appearance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version