Author Topic: pictures of my Sammy named Zachary  (Read 10943 times)

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
  • Zachary Thomas 1 year old.
    • View Profile
pictures of my Sammy named Zachary
« on: April 22, 2005, 05:20:21 pm »
my sammy Zach just turned three along with my daughter...
my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: pictures of my Sammy named Zachary
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 05:34:49 pm »
They are both gorgeous and look so good natured!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 12:17:10 am »
How sweet!! That is something that really warms my heart, to see a child with a dog like that. I think it is the most awsome gift we can give to our children, to grow up with pets.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline fuzzywzhe

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 06:31:12 am »
Samoyeds are pretty neat aren't they?  I'd say they are the best dog in the world - they are especially good with children, and very affectionate.  Also, they are destructive if not given enough attention, require constant grooming, are pushy, and shed a lot.  They're the perfect animal  ;D

This is my Samoyed - she's SUPPOSEDLY a purebred, but she's way off breed standard.  I do do rescue and I adopted her through there.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 10:40:34 am »
Both Sammy's are absolutely beautiful. I have not experienced the whole shedding thing yet! We are patiently waiting, I think we are waiting more to see how her fur will be. We are currently loosing a little undercoat. I love the pic with your daughter, that is adorable! Then the teddy, guess we need a bigger teddy when Tonka grows up.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 11:45:13 am »
You are about to experience your first blowing of the coat? Have fun!! I didn't know it was possible for a dog to lose so much fur when it happened with us the first time!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 05:09:25 am »
I am ready for it! I just want to see what her final coat will be like. I am sure we will take pics so I can post them. We brush a lot now especially with the heat, I heard that cools them down, but I can't tell at all. She has a pool and a cooler bed and plenty of a.c. and fans.

Offline fuzzywzhe

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 05:40:24 am »
You're ready for it?   :D Have you ever had a long haired dog before?

Bring your dog to the local PetCo and start trying out different COMBS - brushes won't do anything.  You might want a rake.  You want teeth on the comb or rake that are WIDELY spaced, 1/4 inch apart is ideal - this will pull out the undercoat.

I bring my dogs inside to comb them out because it produces so much hair.  Just do it in a room that's easy to vaccuum.  If your dog has never been groomed before, be patient.  I'd recommend you start right now.  When your dog is sick of grooming (which will be quickly if she's never been groomed before) quit, and then start up later again.

It takes me about 1-2 hours to completely comb out my dogs, and I'm good at it.  I have Samoyeds though and I'm pretty obsessive about their appearance.