Author Topic: Need help finding plane tickets  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Need help finding plane tickets
« on: September 26, 2005, 03:41:36 am »
ARGHHH I just made this long post and the computer ate it.  One of my best friends is graduating from Embry Riddle (Near Daytona) on December 17th and NO ONE is going to see him.  Not his mom or his dad or his brother or his sister.  He worked so hard for this and it's killing me that no one's going to support him, so I'm going to go.  The thing is I've been looking for plane tickets and I can't find anythng cheap.  I want to go a few days before the 17th, and stay a few days later, so I don't have to fly on the weekend.  I don't care about layovers, or flying into Orlando or something, but I kind of want to fly out of MHT (Manchester).  One it's consistently cheaper than Logan, and two, its alot easier to get to and out of.  I was wondering if anyone had some good sites that they could share with me.  I've done all the stand bys (Expedia, Cheaptickets.c om, Travelocity ect) but they're all like $300-$400.  I remember one of the airlines used to have a thing where you could fly from Manchester to Orlando for $99, but I can't remember who did it.  I know you guys are internet gurus, and I was hoping you could help me out!  PLEASE!  Thanks!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Roxy Poxy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding plane tickets
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 03:50:53 am »
Hi!  Try www.southwest. com   click on schedules, then enter departure info (scroll city list...I put MHT and arrive MCO, which is Orlando.  For the date, I think I put Dec. 14 or 15th.   There is a roundtrip promotional fare for $138 (without fees & taxes).  I didn't read the "small print" but check it out and see what's available.. Just a suggestion.. Southwest is great for cheap flights, but its first come first served, for seating assignments when you get there.  Hope this can help you out!!  Let me know if you are able to find a good deal!

Steph & Roxy

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 04:12:13 am »
Have you tried www.airtran.co m? It is my favorite airline because they are cheap. They don't fly out of manchester, but it usually costs me $100 to go rountrip from boston to DC. I bet it isn't too much more to go to florida.
RIP former BPO

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 06:04:11 am »
g'luck to that... it's 12/17?? Xmas season?

using www.sidestep.c om (my goto flight search engine, superior to Expedia/travelocity, etc.) shows:

US Air
236.00 /person   
Depart Arrive Stops From To Dates
12:25P 5:29P 1 MHT MCO 12/17
 7:00A 11:30A 1 MCO MHT 12/20

Continental:
249.00 /person   
Depart Arrive Stops From To Dates
2:20P 8:13P 1 MHT MCO 12/17
 9:30A 1:55P 1 MCO MHT 12/20

again, d/l sidestep's software and search for your heart's content. w/o sidestep, i don't think i could've supported my gf's flights back/forth between NYC/LAX during the first 6 months of our relationship.. .

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 08:32:44 am »
Have you tried cheaptickets.c om?They have pretty good deals..... priceline.com is pretty good as well....If you want to give me the info on leaving from which airport[ to which airport I could do some searching myself for you...Just let me know
                DFTHYFBT&T
                                      Love & Licks
                                                           Legends & Brat/glow]