Author Topic: Hot Spots :(  (Read 8707 times)

Icerotti

Re: Hot Spots :(
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 11:37:35 pm »
Poor Judge..glad he is all better  ;D

DarkStarRed

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 11:52:01 pm »
If you are worried that the hot spots will continue, Frontline makes a product called Top Spot.  It's applied like the normal frontline/advantage flea killers but it supposedly kills the fleas before they have a chance to bite.  Most flea hotspots are because the dog is allergic to the enzymes in the flea's saliva.   My poor baby had no hair from the middle of his back to almost the tip of his tail because he's so allergic to fleas.  Thankfully he's all better now.

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 12:52:10 am »
I love your avatar icerotti. :) 

Poor Judge.  I'm glad he's all better.  Fleas are nasty.  Raven had little scabs on her back from itching at them and we use the Frontline and the topspot.  Only the sulfadene has stopped the itching for us.
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 12:59:34 am »
Poor Judge  :o I am so glad he is better and hope he never gets a hot spot that bad again!
RIP former BPO

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 02:29:44 am »
holy COW that hotspot on Judge is the size of a corn field... so maybe you can call it.. hot field. i wonder if an e-collar woulda helped? or socks on his paws? etc.?

re: Top Spot. after reading the literature, it seems Top Spot doesn't kill larvae/eggs? but it does kill fleas/ticks instantaneousl y? So to be comprehensive and thorough, do we need to apply Frontline Plus AND Frontline Top Spot simultaneously? We're only on Frontline Plus atm.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 08:39:37 am »
Sorry I didnt mention that it wasnt fleas that caused Judges hot spot. He may have gotten a mosquito bite ?? We arent quite sure but he hasnt had fleas yet. He did get wet in the rain the weekend before and I didnt think to dry his head. I hadnt even heard of hot spots till he got one.I guess they arent caused just from fleas. Just thought I would clear that up.  ;)
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket