Author Topic: Got punched in the schnoz!  (Read 4360 times)

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
Got punched in the schnoz!
« on: September 06, 2005, 12:23:11 pm »
Interesting experience while trimming nails!

The other day, I was using the new nail trimmer to cut Riley's nails (or "Corn Nuggets" as my husband calls them).  After I was done, Riley and I were chilling in the living room.  I was watching tv, and he was sitting next to me by the couch, so I started petting him and scratching his chest.  Of course he gets this glazed look in his eyes.  After a little while, I stopped - and you know what happens when you stop petting a happy, comfy, huge dog?  Paws start flying!  You know, the kind where he starts pawing at you meaning "hey why did you stop???  keep scratching momma!"  Yeah well, I got a nice big freshly cut doggie nail in the face!  Thats right, punched me square in the nose and gave me a little scratch too!   :o  Man that hurt!!  AND on top of that, I've got tons of little scratches on top of my feet from his big-ole-paws walking all over me!   :D
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Got punched in the schnoz!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 12:28:06 pm »
Interesting experience while trimming nails!

The other day, I was using the new nail trimmer to cut Riley's nails (or "Corn Nuggets" as my husband calls them).  After I was done, Riley and I were chilling in the living room.  I was watching tv, and he was sitting next to me by the couch, so I started petting him and scratching his chest.  Of course he gets this glazed look in his eyes.  After a little while, I stopped - and you know what happens when you stop petting a happy, comfy, huge dog?  Paws start flying!  You know, the kind where he starts pawing at you meaning "hey why did you stop???  keep scratching momma!"  Yeah well, I got a nice big freshly cut doggie nail in the face!  Thats right, punched me square in the nose and gave me a little scratch too!   :o  Man that hurt!!  AND on top of that, I've got tons of little scratches on top of my feet from his big-ole-paws walking all over me!   :D
Yup, I'm familiar!...A few weeks ago Pippin decided I wasn't done petting him & smacked me in the nose resulting in a bloddy nose for me!...He managed to jam a claw up my nose! :o

Kiahpyr

Re: Got punched in the schnoz!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 12:35:45 pm »
I know all too well what that's like. Kiah's always walking all over my feet. She also likes to headbutt. We'll be playing on the floor together then bam she lifts her head into mine. OUCH! I can feel you pain.