Author Topic: Just joined =)  (Read 3127 times)

Spook

Just joined =)
« on: September 27, 2005, 06:27:39 am »
Hiya Everyone!

just joined up this afternoon. Thought i'd take a moment to introduce myself. My name's Beth and i'm from Phoenix arizona. I have two great pyrenees puppies (Freyr and Damia) and a Fila Brasileiro pup named Serenity.  I'm married, we've got one 15mo old little girl named Emerald whose first word was Doggy! Freyr our pyrenees belongs to her.. he follows her around, makes sure she does not get into trouble and lets her use him to pull herself up and to keep her balance while walking.

Can't wait to get to know more of you all!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Just joined =)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:55:07 am »
Welcome!!

My name is Chris, I live in CA and have a 7 yr old husky/shep mix Keiko, and a 10 mo old great dane Gunther.

Those are such interesting names, where did you come up with them?

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 07:00:54 am »
Hi Beth & company, I'm Heather and to my left you will see my lovely st bernard Zoey. Welcome to BPO! You will love it here :)

RIP former BPO

Spook

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 08:06:24 am »
Hiya Again,

As far as the names went Damia is the greek goddess of Growth and nature.  Freyr is the Norse god of sun and rain and the brother of the norse goddess Freya who is the goddess of love and fertility. Serenity got her name because she is arriving here this friday.. yes we haven't gotten her yet we booked the flight yesterday. Anywho she's arriving friday and a movie called Serenity is also coming out on friday so we decided to go with Serenity. 

As far as dealing with all the babies it's not so much of a challenge. The pyre's pretty much do whatever they want .. as any pyre owner knows. Tho they know the rules of the house and don't push them very much. Not sure what the Fila is going to be like yet  but Fila's are probably the smartest breed of dog out there so i am sure she'll be a nice challenge.

I think the fact we also have five cats is what makes the house insane...  the cats are the ones that
always start all the trouble!

~Beth

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 08:10:36 am »
welcome to bpo  :D ;D i have a rottie mix named Angel ,a dalmatian named Dotty, and 2 mixed breeds namedBruiser & Chewie.. ok so Chewie doesnt have big paws but he sure thinks he does  :D :D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 08:33:04 am »
Wow Beth! You sure have your hands full don't you? I think it is so cute that your daughter's first word was doggy.  ;D I'm sure you'll like it here. Thanks for joining the BPO family.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 01:24:13 pm »
Hello & welcome to BPO!...My name is Chelle & I live with 8 house cats, 2 house bunnies, 1 guinea pig princess, & 2 dogs who are also Great Pyrenees...A wonderful & unique breed for sure!...My Samson turned 1 in July & Pippin just turned 7 months....I hope you'll enjoy your time here!!!

Offline Roxy Poxy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 01:43:30 pm »
Hi Beth!

Welcome to BPO!  My name is Stephanie and I'm from Scottsdale, AZ. My fiancee and I have a Great Pyrenees named Roxy, who is almost 3.  BPO is such a great place!  I too am a new member, but i've been addicted since my first day!  Maybe when the weather cools down a little, we could set up a play date for our Pyrs.  Besides her brothers and sisters when she was a puppy...I don't think Roxy has ever been around any other Pyrs.. poor thing!  Your dogs are just beautiful and congratulation s on the new pup arriving soon! 

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Stephanie & Roxy

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 06:02:20 pm »
congrads on your new arival
 here we are a multi dog house  4 rhodesian ridgebacks
and Fila
yes, the fila is the smartest one of them all, but also a dog that needs a handle. i do hope she acepts the cats when she gets older. we never had trouble introducing new pups here with our
fila, so i am hoping since the cats are there fisrt, she will know they belong.
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks