Author Topic: New introduction  (Read 2504 times)

Offline konza_vadasz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New introduction
« on: September 27, 2005, 11:45:49 pm »
Hello!
My name is Deb Wall and I have Hungarian Wirehaired Vizslas. We live in central Kansas.
The HWV is a rare breed and not recognized by AKC, but was recognized as an independent Hungarian breed by FCI in the 1960's. Here in the US, they are registered in NAVHDA (North American Versatile Hunting Dog Assoc.)
They are outstanding family companions, much calmer than their smooth cousins, and outstanding gun dogs. I have lots of pictures on my website:
http://www.wirehairedvizsla.us
Deb

Icerotti

Re: New introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 12:18:33 am »
Welcome Deb.

I have a seven year old rotti Puck and a 5 month old V Farley. He is a smooth haired. I have only seen one wiredhaired in person . It was outside the grocery store. I think the girl was surprised I knew the type of dog.lolĀ  I know I am when someone knows what breed he is.
It is great to have another V person on the board. I look forward to chatting with you. : :)

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 02:41:41 am »
Hi Deb!
 Welcome. ;D My Zoey is one of Amy Lu's pups! This is a terrific site. Very friendly, fun & interesting. I look forward to seeing tons of pics.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 02:58:39 am »
Hi! I'm April and this is my great pyrenees Kiah. She's almost 7 months old. I'm in Ne. It's nice to see some else from the midwest. Most people here live on either coast or down south. I love this site! I'm sure you will too. Beware it's very addicting! LOL!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 03:28:11 am »
Welcome to BPO. 

I've never seen a wirehaired vizsla, but I have heard of them.  I must say, I am partial to the shaggy looking dogs.   :D

I have a husky/shep mix Keiko, and a great dane puppy Gunther