Author Topic: How did your dog react to seeing other "Big Paws"?  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
How did your dog react to seeing other "Big Paws"?
« on: October 14, 2005, 02:08:16 am »
I remember that Tenchi didn't see another giant breed dog until last year when Ang and I went to go pick up Nee in Michigan. Then he got to meet a whole herd of Great Danes that belonged to some online friends.   At first he was kind of worried, but in moments he realized that these dogs were HIS sized!  I swear he was thinking, "OMG they finally SHRANK me!!!  YAY!!!!"   lol

What were other Big Paws reations to seeing other dogs their size?  Did they get excited, scared, threatened?  I'm curious how they all acted.  :D

*Shrink me again mommy!  That was fun!*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 02:14:30 am by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

lins_saving_grace

Re: How did your dog react to seeing other "Big Paws"?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 02:11:08 am »
Lady went:  BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK
BARK BARK
BARK

Grace just sticks her tongue out and licks.

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 02:13:05 am »
Cabeza reacts the same to all dogs. A quick butt sniff, and then he totally ignores them. He really likes cats. He snuggles with them and follows them around.

Wait...I take that back. We fostered a Saint. Suzy. She was bigger than him. He LOVED her. She gave him big drooly kisses on his head, and he followed her and slept with her and stuff.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 02:13:45 am »
My 2 love big dogs. They love to pley with dogs there size. Small dogs they don't like as much because every small dog they have some in contact with has been mean to them.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 02:33:49 am »
Bava so far, has acted with disinterest, he's so above all that sniffing, he lays down on his belly and acts bored, crazy kid.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 04:54:08 am »
Sasha LOVES big dogs.  At our dog park there is a 3 yo newfie, Butch.  The first time she saw him Sasha stopped and stared then ran up to meet him.  When Butch is at the dog park Sasha follows him around and does exactly what he does.  Sasha also met a 1 yo saint bernard at our Petco a few weeks ago.  She was so happy!  She gets way more excited to meet big paws than other dogs, although she loves everyone and always wants to play.  ;D

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 07:26:02 am »
Taz loves all other Big Paws, much better than smaller dogs! Although he does like and get along with everyone. Taz met 2 BiggER Paws within the past week.. a Mastiff at a dog show and a Newf at the Dog Park and he loved them both.  :D He doesn't bark much or go crazy, he kindly greets them and will give them a little Woo woo and wait for someone else to initiate the play.
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 02:29:23 am »
Zoey gets excited when she meets any dog, no matter how big or small  ;D But when she meets really overbearing male big paws, she gets intimidated - the only time I have seen her nervous around dogs is when it was male big paws who were trying to show dominance.
RIP former BPO

Blair

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 02:58:03 am »
Poor Mr. Grey has never met a dog his size, Zeus is pretty much the diggest dog Grey has seen. Grey loves small dogs though LOL I guess from living with Diesel, he is so use to the little ones and thsoe are the ones he would rather play with LOL Im sure one day he will met a doggies his size. I hope before he gets a complex  :-[

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 03:01:19 am »
Tulsa has 'issues' with dominant males.
There's an older male Yellow Lab, Zack, that insists on mounting Tulsa everytime he sees her at the dog park.
Tulsa whirls, puts on her 'bitch' face, and head butts him in the rib cage and rolls him over, if he persists, she goes for the groin!
Zack retreats, all parts intact, and just stares at her.
Waiting.
Sometimes he's foolish enough to attempt another mount.
That's when Tulsa goes on the offense!
She head butts to the rib cage, and then goes for the groin again, another head butt to the ribs, and Zack is off and running with Tulsa in hot pursuit, nipping at his heels, chasing him all over the park!
Zack submits and Tulsa goes to the fountain, tips over a bucket of water and lies down in it to cool off!
My girl knows how to handle herself. ;D
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman