Author Topic: Pix Up at the lake on top of October Mtn  (Read 8699 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Pix Up at the lake on top of October Mtn
« on: September 28, 2005, 03:23:21 am »
Last weekend Jay and Tori weren't feeling wel.  So while they were resting, I took Spencer, Tenchi and Mojo and we went to explore October Mtn State Forest on the other side of town.  We went looking for this gorge thing since there were trail maps all around pointing too it.  Didn't find it, but we did find this amazingly peaceful lake up at the top of the mountain.  We also saw a beaver carrying sticks to his/her lodge.  I took a lot of pix, but figured I'd post my favorites.  I did end up taking a picture of this bee, because it was chilly and all the bee's were working in   r e a l l y   s l o w   motion.  lol   Ok, without further ado.. here's the pix!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:30:13 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pix Up at the lake on top of October Mtn
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 03:26:39 am »
more pix....  :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:29:54 pm by Moni »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 03:26:53 am »
Very gorgeous pics!! Thanks for sharing!!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 03:28:18 am »
OMG - That picture of Spencer and Tenchi should be framed and distributed to the masses!  The love between a child and a big paw...I love it!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 04:05:06 am »
My favorite pic is the pawprints in the mud! and the silhouettes of the dogs against the lake are stunning!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 04:11:06 am »
wow - those are such beautiful pics.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 07:15:49 am »
Love your Pics. It looks so peaceful
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Roxy Poxy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 08:25:22 am »
Wow!  What beautiful pictures!!  May I ask what state those were taken in?  Living in the hot, dry, dusty Arizona desert, I am always completly awed by lush green trees (not palm trees or cactus), bodies of water (not man made or bone dry).  Not to mention soft, muddy earth, that Roxy would love to have squish between her toes!!  Those pictures are magnificent and so peaceful looking!  Thank you so much for sharing them!  While I'm on my "nature lovers" rant, if anyone ever has pictures of  autumn leaves changing colors (of course with your BP) I'd love to see those!  I can't believe I'm going on and on about trees... BTW, I love the pic of of your Dane sitting on the rock!  I get such a kick out of seeing Roxy sit on our couch like that!  Too funny those long legged dogs!   Thank you for the beautiful pictures... for a while I forgot about all the stress in my life!

Stephanie & Roxy

Offline BABY HUEY

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 02:56:08 am »
Wow!  great photography!  :o

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 03:11:33 am »
Moni darling just another display of your awesomeness.  And Spencer's hair isn't nearly as short as I thought it was going to be.  Next time I come down we'll have to go there with the boys. 

Roxy.  Those pics were taken in Mass in the Berkshires.  New England is awesome for foliage, I'll see if I can get some pics for you.  Been kind of warm this year so it won't be that great, but better than most places!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 06:27:55 am »
Moni those are awesome!!!! And Skyla still remembers Spencer, she was looking at the pictures with me and said " I remember him"  :D Any picture with tenchi in is awesome LOL.  ;D

Offline HerbaMonster

• Gnawer
  • Herbie The Love Bug
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 07:55:50 am »
Tenchi & Mojo looked like they had a great time.  The pics are beautiful.

Herbamonster
Ally, Sami, & Herbie

Anakalia

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 01:30:20 pm »
I swear woman, you need to become a proffesional photographer!  Those pics were awesome I can't even pick a favorite.  It looks like you had so much fun, and Spencer is growing like a WEED! JEEESH! lol

Andi

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 02:23:20 am »
I lost this post in all the shuffle.  Still getting used to looking for things in here.  lol

Thanks all for you sweet comments.  I love taking pix, I am a bit of an addict even.  ;D

Stephanie,
Yup Ang is right, I live up in the Berkshires in MA.  Very beautiful area, its almost as nice as upperstate NY where I lived for 8yrs and miss horribly.. but its growing on me.

I went out today and got some pictures just for you of the different colored trees that are starting to pop out.  I'll get more when there's more.  :)

Ang,
That's a great idea.  :)  Its loverly up there, and it should be awesome in a couple weeks when all the leaves have changed! 

Tina,
Mojo is 9 1/2yrs old.  I actually cried when I uploaded these pix and saw 8441, he looks so old in that picture!  *sigh*  I swear they're going to have to commit me when its his time to go.  :(  Luckily he still acts like a goofy puppy most of the time, he just sleeps more than he used to.

Blair

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 02:28:45 am »
Moni I am sooooooo Jealous of you  :-\ Everything down here is just blah brown LOL.....Thats my girl Zeo  ;D