Author Topic: Ang needs positive thoughts  (Read 17262 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Ang needs positive thoughts
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 07:56:47 am »
On the bright side, I know what I'll look like if I ever get collagen injections!  It's getting really hard for me to open my mouth now, so I'll be drinking through a straw regardless (And yay I lose weight this way!)

I took my happy pills (I only took one) and Cindy I have a question.  What do they wire jaws shut for?  I would think, seeing as how they said I only have to be out of work for 3 days, it wouldn't be bad enough to warrant that would it? 

I have to add some funny parts though.  When I woke up the first timeI was only worried that I ripped my pants!"  (But I didn't)  The second time I had gravel or sand of something in my mouth and when I moved I heard this grinding noise and I thought to myself "**** I broke all my teeth!"  But my teeth were fine :)  Then at the hospital the girl who did my stitches was very ummmm stoic.  I'm terrified of needles and I told them this so they tried that liquid anesthetic, but it didn't work so they had to stick me anyways.  I was a wicked big girl about it all, never flinched nothing.  So when it was all done I said "I was very brave I think I deserve a sticker or something."  Of course she sucked all the fun out of it and said "We don't have stickers for adults"  Evil harpie :(  Then my grandmother stole all the bandages out of the cupboard because "You can't buy these at the store.  I'm trying to take care of you!"  Tee Hee.  OK maybe these weren't funny to you, but they were funny to me.  And just the right amount of funny.  Too much funny and my face hurts :(

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 08:05:25 am »
The camera doesnt pick up all the little scrapes (Thank God :P ) and you can't see a broken jaw or ribs.  Ribs aren't a big deal, I've broken them before and it's not like they can do anything for it. 

Oh, Irony.  You know how sometimes when you're in the shower, and you think to yourself  "Should I bother shaving today?"  DO IT!!!!!  The whole time there I was manuvering in my pretty little hospital dress, trying to keep the guy nurses from seeing my Sasquatch legs.  AND I thought I grabbed a matching pair of socks (Nike Athletics with a swoosh on the side) I did my one had a blue swoosh and one had a pink.  AND I was wearing "Fancy pants-man catching" undies.  Hoochie anyone?  And of course ALL the guys that helped me were hot.  Like the 5 inches of guaze taped to my chin for over 4 hours wasn't bad enough.  I looked like a meathead football player who didn't realize that his helmet flew off and he only has the chin strap on  :-[ 

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 08:06:35 am »

...They gave me Vicadin, but I don't want to take it till I HAVE to...

Ang
Take the drug now! Pain makes your blood pressure go up, which causes the rest of the body discomfort!

I'm going to take one now, I'm having sympathy pains just after reading your description! (I hope you don't mind substitute the generic painkiller that comes in a 12 oz. bottle from Golden, Colorado)

Get well soon!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 08:08:56 am by PupDaddy »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 08:08:48 am »
Oh does it hurt to smile?

Now it does.  It didn't earlier.  Eh cest la vie.  I just have these nightmres of me laughing and stitches popping off everywhere.  I haven't seen the chin yet.  I have to keep the band aid on till tomorrow afternoon, and before it got stitched I was afraid that if I saw it I'd puke. ::)

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 08:28:30 am »
Oh Ang!

Your mishap makes me feel alot better about my day! hahahhaa! Just kidding, honey. I hop that you get better, and take that Vicoden, girl! No good being in pain. And I would definitely try to reschedule that job interview. Sheesh! If they don't understand, its not the kinda place you'd wanna work anyway, right?

Good luck with the x-rays. I'm rootin' for no wiring!

henrysmomma

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 08:55:55 am »
OMG Ang! That's horrible! Me and the gang hope you feel better soon, Henry sends a big slobbery kiss your way!

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 09:01:17 am »
Ang, They wire your jaw so it will be stable and heal the right way. If they do, you have to carry wire cutters with you at all times! This is super important because if you vomit you could choke so you have to have the cutters in case there is an emergency. Now lets talk about the ribs. Broken ribs make you more suceptable to pneumonia because it hurts to deep breathe and to cough. Both of these things keep your lungs inflated and keep fluid from building up in them. take a big beach towel and fold it several times to make a big rectangle then tape it. Now several times an hour press this against the side with the broke ribs and take 3 deep breaths and a couple of coughs. The counter pressure helps the pain. The pain medicine also helps you be able to do this so it also helps prevent pneumonia. Also if you smoke - Don't while you feel this bad because if you have a coughing fit it will hurt like h*ll!!! :o I hope they told you to ice your jaw  and ribs and don't tape or bind your ribs this also keeps your chest from expanding when you deep breathe.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 09:04:05 am by Rocky's 'Rents »

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 09:04:05 am »
I hope you feel better!!  I am hurting just thinking about it!!  Vicodin is your friend...bond with him!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 09:13:44 am »
My ribs aren't broken this time just bruised.  I'm sorry I meant that I've had broken ribs and it wasn't that bad in comparison to other stuff. They didn't say anything about icing, but this was just the ER, I don't know anything about my jaw yet.  I find out all that fun stuff tomorrow!  Yay.   

I asked about the wiring because I want to know how often they do it.  Is it an automatic that if you break your jaw you have to have it wired?  I don't want it wired :'(  I always thought that the only time you had to have it done was that if you pulverized your bone.  I think that this is just a tiny fracture.  I dunno.  I REALLY wish that I could post the X rays on here, but the disc they gave me is wicked weird, and it starts a DOS program that opens up an internet explorer window.  I can see my fillings from here!

Thanks Cindy how much do I owe you for in home hospice care?
:)

Ang

Kiahpyr

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 09:19:20 am »
I'm glad you have a sense of humor about the whole thing. I hope you heal quickly. Good luck on your job interview tomorrow.

Blair

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 09:28:51 am »
Oh Ang I am so sorry to read this. Do you need me to stay home and take care of you by internet tomorrow LOL  ;) If you really need me I will stay home for you, hehe. I hope you start feeling better soon. I got so scared when I read the title :(.

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 09:30:15 am »
It's on the house!!! ;) I don't work in ortho but I think they only wire it if the break is severe and your jaw would be way misaligned if it heals wrong. 

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 09:42:08 am »
Thanks Cindy.  I was looking at websites for Jaw fracture repair and the pictures were scaring the poop outta me.  Plus all the ones I saw were on the bottom of the jaw, line with the teeth, mine is up by the hinge I guess.  The med asistant said that sometimes the impact, if hard enough can travel up the jaw and make it break there.   

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 11:07:32 am »
What a scary/awful/horrible/no good/very bad day you had!  I'm SO sorry.  I'm not going to let you smile, laugh, giggle or do anything that would cause you pain.  I must tell you however, I had some minor surgery a couple of years ago and the surgeon looked at the wound and then looked at me with absolutely NO kindness in his eyes and said, " do you realized you have dog fur on your stitches?" 

Hope you get better news tomorrow!  I'm voting on NO wiring.  I hate the thought of having to carry pliers!!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 11:44:26 am »
Oh does it hurt to smile?

Now it does.  It didn't earlier.  Eh cest la vie.  I just have these nightmres of me laughing and stitches popping off everywhere.  I haven't seen the chin yet.  I have to keep the band aid on till tomorrow afternoon, and before it got stitched I was afraid that if I saw it I'd puke. ::)

I know exactly how you feel - after I had my surgery for thyroid cancer, I had a HUGE bandage across my neck and when the time came to remove it, I was terrified!  It felt like the incision went all the way across the front of my neck and I had this mental image on my head barely being held on by stitches, kind of like Frankenstein.. ..  Needless to say, it wasn't quite that bad...

SO sorry that this happened to you, sweetie.  I am gonna PM you, cause I just KNOW how much better THAT will make you feel!   ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 11:57:06 am by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*