Author Topic: PupDaddy Rant  (Read 3108 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
PupDaddy Rant
« on: September 28, 2005, 12:22:58 pm »
It's always the weirdest things that tick me off. Tonight, I'm sweeping the vinyl floor in my kitchen and den, (I do this once a month, even if it doesn't really need it). Most of the stuff on the floor is crap the dogs have tracked in or torn up. All the dogs run away like I'm about to beat them with the broom. I've never threatened them with the broom! What's their problem? If it wern't for them, I'd only have to sweep and mop twice a year!

Ok, I'm done!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PupDaddy Rant
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 12:29:07 pm »
Ours do that too.  Even more so with the fly-swatter.   :)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 12:35:41 pm »
lol!...Samson thinks that anything with a long handle is "The Devil"...I am fairly certain he has no reason to think that...Dogs are just wierd.

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 12:40:39 pm »
When are you gonna get it?
Dogs don't need to be cleaned up after, people do!
And dogs are a much more efficient cleaning machine.
No food on the floor, the counters, or in the pots and pans!
If it's on the floor, it's theirs!
Get used to it!
Tulsa will get my favorite pot and let me know when she wants Raviolis!
Then sit at the fridge and point out which one she wants!
Tonight it was Roasted Portobello Mushroom!
Tomorrow it may be Lasagna or Prime Rib!
I'm lost, but then I've been married twice.
So what do I know?
Love my dog...
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 12:41:39 pm »
Ok, I'm not done!
So I sweep the floor, and put the rug from in front of the sink in the washing machine. I walk over to the sink later and someone (I'm not saying who, but it was a small puddle!) has peed in the floor! Hummmmm? So, who has the small bladder? Earl, 90 pounds, George, 86 pounds, Kendra 84 pounds, or DONUT! 25 pounds!

grrrrrrrrrr!

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 12:44:41 pm »
Blame it on the Biggest one!
The others will learn to place the blame.
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 08:46:11 pm »
"dogless" ??? never ever ever say that bad word.

Be glad Donut didn't pee on the freshly washed rug.  I swear it never fails, I just wash the kitchen floor (you know that once a year chore) and one of the kids will spill soda or something extremely sticky.

I remember the two years when we were dogless.  I had to vacumm way more than when we had the dog.  I'm sure he not only picked up every crumb but was such a good boy he ate all the fuzzies for me too.

Jack has a wide range of interractions with the vacumm.  Some days he's afraid of it and runs with his tail between his legs, some days he attacks it, and some days he acts like it's not even there, I have to vacumm around him.

Tina
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 08:47:47 pm »
Maia barks and lunges at the vacumn, then runs from it.  I have definately never hit her with the vacumn.  She doesn't mind the broom but Rocco loves to grab it and pull when I  try to sweep so out with dogs during cleaning days. 

When Rocco was a puppy I was obsessed with making sure he was scared of anything so I used to pet him nicely with all sorts of things like the broom, rake, laundry basket.  I don't know if it was the right thing to do but he has no fear, just love for everyone and everything.  I didn't do the same thing with Maia early enough and now we are still working through some of her fears.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 10:04:08 pm »
Judge loves the broom. He drives me bonkers when Im trying to sweep. He hates the vacuum though, and Ive never hit him with it eather. LOL I could never get away with sweeping once a month although I love the idea. I cant even leave it for a day. Now that our pet population has grown Im sure Ill have to clean even more.  >:( Or maybe ill just give up!! HUM Yah Ill just stop cleanning. Thanks Pupdaddy You made my day.  ;) ;D
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Baileyboy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 11:27:56 pm »
Consider yourself lucky. :) My older dog goes crazy when he sees vacuums, brooms, lawnmowers, anything like that...he lunges for them and bites at them.  Imagine trying to vacuum while a dog is biting at the front of it....needless to say anytime it's cleaning time at my house both dogs get put away.  All I need is for him to teach Baiely this wonderful 'trick'.