Author Topic: NYSE refuses to list an animal testing company  (Read 4027 times)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
NYSE refuses to list an animal testing company
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:46:20 pm »
Link here to NPR.org's story
a synopsis here:
The New York Stock Exchange has postponed its planned listing of Life Sciences Research without explanation. The biomedical research firm says its finances are in order, but that animal rights groups are putting pressure on the NYSE.

kinda TICKS me off the PETA lady was all: we're not above 'breaking the law'  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: NYSE refuses to list an animal testing company
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 07:42:25 am »
PETA is a lunatic fringe group.
They have caused more harm than good to legitimate animal rights groups.
They are the Jihadists of the animal world.
This post should cause a Firestorm.
I love a good fight!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 07:53:02 am »
Go to: PETA
Click on: Daddy Kills Animals
These people are sick and have advocated serving alcoholic beverages instead of milk in school lunch programs!
PETA=CRAP
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 08:00:27 am »
I'm a proud member of PETA!
People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 08:13:47 am »
YAHOO!
I fish with a fly and release 99% of the fish I catch.
The 1% were in the wrong place when I was Hungry!
I stopped hunting with a rifle many years ago. Too much work.
Still enjoy a good Elk steak, or backribs from a wild pig though.
Besides that, can you imagine cotton cowboy boots?
I shudder to think about that!
John

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 08:35:26 am »
here's a link to me favorite food song, "The Cat's in the Kettle" http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/cat.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 11:39:15 am by PupDaddy »

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 02:35:51 pm »
Weeeelll.....N ot sure you're gonna get a firestorm, John.  But I'd like to post a more moderate view of Peta.  :D

The fact that these people are lunatics and have hurt the credibility of animal rights groups...I 100 percent agree!

On the other hand, Peta brings to light the horrors that the more moderate groups don't. Things the mainstream press ignores.  I am torn between loathing their methods and  thinking that someone needs to step up and expose what goes on. If these people get a little nuts in the process...well, I can only say that what goes on is enough to drive a person there.

I recently followed a link which ended up putting me on the PETA site. I saw a video there on the fur trade, and I will never be the same. Ever.  (This is not the gentler Martha Stewart version.) Yes, I knew fur was bad, but my god, I hope never in my life to see such suffering again.  There is bad, and then there are things so horrendous it defies words and makes me ashamed to be human.

I then followed another link from Peta to read about Iams and their funding of animal testing. They presented a reasonable discussion, I thought...not the usual insanity.  You can read about it here:

http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-feat-wsu.asp

My point is, they serve a purpose. They are tireless in their fight for animal welfare, and they keep the public informed....th ose who will still listen to them.  Yes I wish they were less insane about it.  But someone needs to step up and say enough.

Jen

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 10:50:01 pm »
Weeeelll.....Not sure you're gonna get a firestorm, John.  But I'd like to post a more moderate view of Peta.  :D

I then followed another link from Peta to read about Iams and their funding of animal testing. They presented a reasonable discussion, I thought...not the usual insanity.  You can read about it here:

http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-feat-wsu.asp

Jen
I'm always open to new trains of though, so I followed your link. It's a PETA site!!! I don't know if any on the stuff about Iams in true, but the people saying all of these things are PETA people.

PETA's goal is total animal liberation Not only would they destroy Iams, but the intend to destroy all the pets Iams feeds.

This is how PETA works. They find a reasonable argument, stir peoples emotions, and twist them to thier own purposes.

Do you think Hitler would have risen to power if he had announced in 1935, "In five years I will start a war that will kill 30 million people, 6 million of who will be Jews that will die in concentration camps". No he started small, attacking the individual Jewish shopkeeper.

Ingrid Newkirk may not be seeking political office (yet), but she is seeking power through her supporters. Please don't be her unwitting pawn.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 11:07:45 pm »
Hitler also knew something so very true....he said:

"The bigger the lie , the more people would believe."

Quite a commentary for our times. It's so easy, too comfortable, to believe and buy into this organization when they make their occassional sane and reasonable statement. It's good to agree with a single statement ..when it's true. But DON"T support them or give them any credibility as a group. Evil loves to state a truth, then begins to twist and distort reality to make many...many lies seem to be truth.

PETA is evil.

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 10:34:07 pm »

I'm always open to new trains of though, so I followed your link. It's a PETA site!!! I don't know if any on the stuff about Iams in true, but the people saying all of these things are PETA people.

Yes, I am aware it is a Peta website.

Please don't be her unwitting pawn.

I have never been, nor do I intend to be, anyone's unwitting pawn.  :D

Note:  I do not contribute to PETA nor do I endorse a majority of their actions.

My purpose in making that post was to show that while their methods are bizarre (and evil, if that is  the word you prefer), they are still a useful tool for discovering what goes on in the world where issues of animal abuse come up.  An example is when one of our members posted a PETA response on what we can do about the dog riding site.  She is not a PETA supporter, yet her message was still lost in the furor.

However I now see that, people on this board understandably feel very strongly against PETA. I feel I was mistaken for making the post in this thread, and  I will now respectfully bow out of this conversation.

Jen

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 12:24:43 am »
i don't feed IAMS because IAMS first ingredients are corn/soy/wheat... not because PETA says whatever...

btw, 15 of us went to a chic steakhouse ( http://www.n9ne.com/chicago_intro.htm ) Friday nite and chowed down $900 worth of fillet mignon/surf N turf... yah.. vegans... you're missing out!!!  ;D