Author Topic: I'm new here...Meet my Pyr Samson!  (Read 3946 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

I'm new here...Meet my Pyr Samson!
« on: April 27, 2005, 09:12:01 am »
Hello all!...My name is Chelle & I live in Iowa with my hubby, 2 children, 8 cats, 2 house bunnies & our Great Pyrenees, Samsom..A.K.A. Sammy Whammy. :)...I am happy to find this site!...Samson is 9 months old & he is a house dog...He is my 1st dog & I am sure we will never be Pyrless here again!...I am hoping to get him a Pyr friend by the time he is around 18 months old...We are soon going to start cart training him so he can pull the kids around on their sleds when he is grown enough...He is so very lovable!...A Pyrfect fur friend!!

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: I'm new here...Meet my Pyr Samson!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:16:27 am »
Welcome,
Your post made me smile because my oldest daughter's name is Nichelle and we all call her Chelle.  That's even how she signs her name in school :)  This is a great forum, I am sure you will enjoy it!  Where in Iowa are you from?  I am also from Iowa, the Northwest corner!!  We are the proud owners of a Saint puppy named Bailey!  Hope to get to know you better and please post some pictures :)

new2saints

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 09:20:25 am »
Bailey is a super sweet looking dog!...The St. is one of the breeds I am considering for Samson's companion...Th e other two are they Pyr or maybe a Newfie...I have tons of pics of Sammy..How do I post them here?

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 10:33:22 am »
Under the place where you type your post is says "Additional Options"  click on that and then you will see ATTACH in bold.  Click on the browe button and find your pictures!  It's really easy, 'cause I am not all that computer literate and I can do it!

new2saints

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 12:18:19 pm »
Welcome, nice to have you with us, and I am waiting to see pic of your baby. I am in NC have 3 two legged kids, 4 fourlegged kids, well dogs, becuase I also have 1 cat, 2 degus and one quaker parrot.

It'll be nice to hear more from you and all your kids (8 cats!!!) mind you I am working as a Case Manager in MCR (Maine Coon Rescue) and a lot of our foster families foster a lot of cats, but here I have a hubby who is already taking meds because we have one cat in our family, so foster cats is really not an option for me.

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 12:25:43 pm »
Ty for the nice welcome!...One of my cats is a Maine Coon mix...She just turned 8 years old recently & we have had her since she was 10 weeks...Her name is Miss Fritzi...A very lovable critter she is!...I commend you for participating in rescue...So many fur babies... too few forever homes. :-[

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 12:51:12 pm »
Very true, and quite often it is depressing and hard to work with rescue, you see all these cats and dogs and wish you could wave a wand and come up with all the homes they need. But for every cat or dog we get into a good loving forever home, it makes up for a lot. The most rewarding feeling!!!!! I am glad to hear you have a Coonie, they are so special, well all breeds are, but when it comes to cats the coonies talk the most I think, is yours a big guy or on the smaller side. We just adopted out a big boy, he was 24 lbs. not overweight, just large and large boned.

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 01:00:41 pm »
Miss Fritzi is around 17 lbs....Her son, Stroker, (I am ashamed to say we had an "oops litter" in our early cat owner days) however is about 28 lbs....He does needs to lose some weight though!...He got the M.C. body but not the long fur...He does have what I guess you'd call a double coat though...Regul ar kind of short cat fur with a fluffy undercoat.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 01:07:07 pm »
28 lbs!!!!  ;D maybe he does need to go on a diet lol..... But they do tend to get big. I think the largest I heard of was 31 lbs. the owner said he had to go all the way down the hall to get a running start to make it up in bed. Mind you he also needed a tread mill lol......

Marit