Author Topic: Just wanted to introduce myself  (Read 2249 times)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Just wanted to introduce myself
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:10:21 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the board.  I just wanted to say hi.  I just rescued another great dane and I wanted to introduce her also.  She is severly underweight and in need of some manners, but she has the sweetest disposition.  Amazing since she's been through quite alot.  Her name is Lily and she stole my heart.

Anyway, can't wait to meet other GD owners.
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 08:32:55 pm »
I am one on the wish they did list.  I am Lisa, owned by two Great Pyrenees.  Sugar Bear is my 15 month old boy and Dixie Darlin is my 9 month old girl.  Welcome hope you love it here as much as we do.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:35:32 pm »
Thank you so much for the warm welcome.  I'll keep everyone posted on Lily's recovery.  So far she's doing great.  She loves her walks and she's eating well.  She's still on the medication for her pnuemonia, but she's doing well with that too.  She follows me around everywhere and lays her head in my lap when I sit down.  Sometimes I just want to cry thinking about everything she went through.  But I'm going to make up for it 10 times over.  She deserves it so much.  I only wish I could help them all. :'(

You all seem to know what it's like to love such a sweet creature that really needed to be rescued.  I'm glad I found this site.

Puppy kisses to all from Lily.
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 08:52:10 pm »
Welcome Lily and Lilysmom.

I have a 7 year old rotti Puck and a 5 month old crazy Vizsla. I have always admired great danes. Wishing Lily a speedy recovery. She was very lucky to find you. :)

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:38:42 pm »
Lily is such a pretty girl! My name is Stella, an I am owned by a female doberman (Backyard rescue), a dane, (purchased) and a dane/irish wolfhound mix (rescued) that is on my avatar. We're a pretty diverse nutty group here, but wanted to welcome you and Lily, hope you feel at home here.
Stella

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 10:40:01 pm »
Welcome to the group.

That is so great you rescued Lily.  We tried to go thru rescue to get our dane but had no luck.  I hope she has a quick recovery. 

My name is Chris, and I have a husky/shep mix Keiko and a great dane Guther.