Author Topic: For the love of God someone cheer me up!!!  (Read 6622 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: For the love of God someone cheer me up!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 08:27:17 pm »
"Ma'am" is code-word for "old hag".
Not in the South.  I am in my 40's and I say Ma'am to any one over 20.  I don't get upset about many thing but to have a kid say yes and not yes Ma'am to me makes me crazy.  I think it is a very nice way to  show of respect to others.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 11:35:17 pm »
Lisa - I forgot about the Ma'am thing in the South.  You are right about the politness thing... but when your not use to hearing it - it can be a little shocking at 1st

Tina - lol I still get carded but in Vegas they card everyone.  I had missed placed my license and last week wanted to meet some friends at this bar we go to frequently.  I know the bouncer - he know I am way over 21 and old enought to be his big sister at the very least.  He would not let me in - I was shocked!!!  No license - no drink...Then went across the street to this other place where we hang - I know the owner.  The door guy cards me....lol - He was a little guy so I just breezed past him - told him "I eat here all the time - never have had a problem before" and went in....lol he was a little shocked.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 11:42:53 pm »
[/quLisa - I forgot about the Ma'am thing in the South.  You are right about the politness thing... but when your not use to hearing it - it can be a little shocking at 1st
ote]

I guess it is just not shocking here because when you are small you even say yes Ma'am to your teen babysitter. 

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 11:51:08 pm »
I grew up in southerne california in the 70's and 80's.  Everything was very bohemian then.  I remember some of my frineds calling their parents by their 1st names.  So Ma'am was not something you ever heard.  As it is now - my kids friends always just call me Timmie - no Ma'am or Mrs

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 11:55:25 pm »
Kinda cool, bet the kids love it.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 12:13:04 am »
Ok. Gypsy,

Someone emailed this to me a few months ago. (I save the good ones, never know when you might need one.) Hope this will help with the hangover.

Enjoy,
Deena

> WAL-MART APPLICATION... This is an actual job application that a 75 year old senior citizen submitted to Wal-Mart in Arkansas. They hired him because he was so funny......... you gotta love it!!!
> NAME: George Martin
> SEX: Not lately, but I am looking for the right woman (or at least one that will cooperate)
> DESIRED POSITION: Company's President or Vice President. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.
> DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz style severance package. If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.
> EDUCATION: Yes.
> LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.
> PREVIOUS SALARY: A lot less than I'm worth.
> MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.
> REASON FOR LEAVING: It sucked.
> HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.
> PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
> DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS? Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment.
> MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER? If I had one, would I be here?
> DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 lbs.? Of what?
> DO YOU HAVE A CAR? I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"
> HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION? I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, so they tell me.
> DO YOU SMOKE? On the job - no! On my breaks - yes!
> WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS? Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde supermodel who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.
> NEAREST RELATIVE....7 miles
> DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE? Oh yes, absolutely.
> ***Old People Rock! ***

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 12:42:04 am »
Ok. Gypsy,

Someone emailed this to me a few months ago. (I save the good ones, never know when you might need one.) Hope this will help with the hangover.

Enjoy,
Deena

> WAL-MART APPLICATION... This is an actual job application that a 75 year old senior citizen submitted to Wal-Mart in Arkansas. They hired him because he was so funny......... you gotta love it!!!
> NAME: George Martin
> SEX: Not lately, but I am looking for the right woman (or at least one that will cooperate)
> DESIRED POSITION: Company's President or Vice President. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.
> DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz style severance package. If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.
> EDUCATION: Yes.
> LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.
> PREVIOUS SALARY: A lot less than I'm worth.
> MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.
> REASON FOR LEAVING: It sucked.
> HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.
> PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
> DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS? Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment.
> MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER? If I had one, would I be here?
> DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 lbs.? Of what?
> DO YOU HAVE A CAR? I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"
> HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION? I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, so they tell me.
> DO YOU SMOKE? On the job - no! On my breaks - yes!
> WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS? Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde supermodel who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.
> NEAREST RELATIVE....7 miles
> DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE? Oh yes, absolutely.
> ***Old People Rock! ***
LMAO Deena!...Ty!...The Southern Comfort & Coke helped last night but I'd probably be more alert today if I'd read your funny last night instead because I swear it's just what the dr. ordered!...lol!...That is great!!! :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 02:08:48 am »
Good hope that is hilarious.  I think I've read it somewhere before, but it certainly put a smile on my face.   :D