Author Topic: New Update on Ang  (Read 13896 times)

Anakalia

Re: New Update on Ang
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 06:01:43 am »
Yeah we might have to do that!  I just know if my significant other was in the hospital they wouldn't be able to get rid of me!  That's why I'm so sad for her right now.  AND I beleive her TV only has 5 channels so she's literally bored to tears.

Andi

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2005, 06:12:43 am »
It's called orthostatic hypotension. Some people call it a "head rush". But it definately can make you pass out. Now they just have to figure out what causes it.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2005, 06:13:41 am »
Hmmmm....glad she is in the hospital but this hospital concerns  me...blocking the door with chairs?  Restraints?  weird.  They don't restrain seziure patients anymore because it causes more injury.  That is so old school.  And it doesn't really sound like seziures?  just weird.  I think the hospital and the doc are trying to cover their hiney because they were wrong to release her without a ct scan.  And I don't know who the dr is yelling at - he is the one who is suppose to order and review the CT scan - not the nurse.  He is the one who writes the discharge order.  Everything just sounds completely strange.

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2005, 06:20:10 am »
Thankyou Timmie, I agree. I was going to say that about the nurse not ordering the ct but I thought maybe she was seen by a nurse practitioner. We have them here in the ER and they see the "walking wounded"  If that was the case they did a very poor job of triaging her in the first place and assigning her case. Either that or it was a case of the dr knowing he screwed up and trying to pass the buck.  I'm betting that they just have her bedrails padded as a seizure precaution. Barracading her door sounds bizarre, I don't know what that's all about. We have bed alarms that let us know if a pt gets up, that's more appropriate if they are afraid of sleepwalking.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2005, 06:26:24 am »
yeah - it sounds weird....When we work with the NP's in the er - the er doc still has to sign off on the chart.  I'm glad the hosp has an internet cafe but I am concerned about the care.

Blair

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2005, 07:26:16 am »
I called Ang too...Her Grandparents and Matt are there  :) I hope she gets to come home soon, I am sure Sanity is missing her

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2005, 07:44:15 am »
I'm so glad she has some company!  I hope that her grandmother stays in line!  Matt can "pop" her one if she doesn't! ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2005, 07:47:09 am »
The more I hear about that hospitol, the more I find it disturbing. 

I wouldn't mind calling her if it weren't for the fact that a) I hate talking on the phone, and b) I don't really know her well, and I don't think she would want to talk to a stranger.  I can just see our conversation.

Me:  So how are you doing?
Ang:  I feel like crap.

Me:  That's too bad........... .....long silence....... ............so how's the food?
Ang:  I can't eat anything yet, you fool, my jaw is still wired shut.

Me:  Soooooo....... .............. ...how's it goin'?
Ang:  You alrady asked me that.

Me:  Sorry.  ummmmm........ ..........soun ds like they are going to run some tests on you.
Ang:  Yeah, that's going to be ALOT of fun.

Me:  So, how's it goin'?
Ang:  What, do you have short term memory loss?  You've asked me that three times now!!

Me:  Sorry, ummmm......... ....gotta go.
Ang: Whatever, weirdo.

Anakalia

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2005, 08:00:22 am »
LMAO ZooCrew that's hilarious!!  Ang and I have convo's like that every once in awhile so she's used to it! lol  Tonight I said something like, "Hospital food isn't too bad."  And she says, "Yeah it's not bad if you can actually eat the food."  She probably thinks I'm a nutcase, but oh well.

I'm so glad she has company!!  She was so upset earlier ... thanks for calling girls I bet that made her day!

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2005, 08:18:30 am »
I'm glad her family showed up!!...I bet she can't wait to get home!...I went to call her earlier & couldn't find my calling card...No surprise...The older I get the more i seem to misplace things...Anywa y, if anyone else talks to her please tell her I said hi & I hope she is feeling better very soon!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2005, 12:13:48 pm »
Thanks for posting the updates!  We really hope Ang is feeling better soon!  We're all sending good thoughts her way!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2005, 01:36:31 pm »
WHAT?!?!?!?!  Young girls black out for attention!!?!?!?!?!That is complete BS.  I have seen complete Drama in young girls but not to the point that you break your jaw and get all the other injuries.  Even people who fake black outs or seziures will always protect their head.  It is human nature..you can't help it.  That is how you can tell the difference between the real thing and the fakers - besides giving a mean sternal rub.  This doc is nuts.  I cant even believe he said that to her.  I say check out and go somewhere else - HURRY...That is like the Hospital of Horrors...

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2005, 10:10:16 pm »
Wow, poor Ang! I'll be thinking of her and hoping the docs get to the bottom of this soon.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2005, 10:12:28 pm »
Tina - Oh - well the nurse is an idiot too.  That situation does not sound like it fits Ang's situation at all.

Would love to call her but have to work all day - what is the timezone she is in?  I won't be home from till aboout 8pm

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2005, 10:15:53 pm »

Just looking for an Ang update.

HEY ANG CAN YOU HEAR ME FROM HERE?

***waving***

Hope you are out and better soon.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.