Author Topic: Creepy Anyone?  (Read 4991 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 01:23:56 pm »
LOL........... the chupacabra I believe is a mexican myth similar to bigfoot.  At least that's what they said on the Scooby Doo episode all about it.   ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 01:26:00 pm »
Oh, and I just looked at that site again.  They have both natural and replicated skulls.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 11:04:51 pm »
Creepy, and sad!

Offline MurphDane

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 01:40:06 am »
Ummm, just curious, what on earth would you DO with one of those?  I mean, what is the purpose of selling breed-specific skulls?  How bizarre.....

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 01:51:33 am »
I love Scooby Doo - the old school ones before Scrappy.  I don't know - I think it s still cool.  But I like that stuff!!!  I took an osteology class and our end project was we had to piece together a skeleton (real bones)  found on some dig and tell whether it was male/female, what race, and any signs of trauma or chronic disease.  It was cool.

I think what would be creepy is if they stole dogs and killed them for the bones.  They probably buy the carcasses from animal control places, maybe from places that are still using animals for testing, or donated from private sources.

Anakalia

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 04:18:39 am »
Ya know the people that have the cow skulls attached to their walls?  Why not with a dog skull..... I know super sick and demented.  I couldn't bring myself to do such things, I've often wondered why people stuck the cow skulls on the walls too.  My mom has one and it gives me the creeps!

Andi

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 04:42:04 am »
I hate that cow skull thing.

My dad is a total mountain man / trapper guy - a real good ole' boy.  H has deer heads and other animal pelts he has trapped hanging on his wall. - It is totally creepy

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 06:22:36 am »
Actually, I looked quite a bit more at this website.  You would not believe how many specimens of species they have.  I find it fascinating.

Anyway, back to the point.  Most of these are for sale to museums or schools.  It says so on most of their other pages, you can buy either museum quality (the best) or school quality (still good but cheaper).  I would love to buy some of the more unique specimens.  Anteater skull anyone?

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 09:06:13 am »
I can understand why they would sell replicas for training vets and such... but the fact that they sell real skulls deffinately creeps me out
RIP former BPO