Author Topic: Does any know about Fauty Color's in Saint Bernard's we where told mollys Fauty,  (Read 13123 times)

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
???I know her one eye is blue but,we love her for that,and we love her color we think she is a so Goujouse, this is a pit of her,at12 old taken in the mall,she has Carenter,she is the size of a lion cub know but so tame i just hate to hear peaple take this way,if she is Fauty she is all Mine and i love her just the same!!!1 Fauty or not Who Care's Who is pervect anyway!!I am Irish Gramam,French,Egish,and my Hubby is from Cissily!! So We made some really cute Kids and Grand kids,that is what make the World ROUND!!!!!LML :-*
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
I think she is a very pretty girl, and you love her so that is what matters.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

Our one rotti was really too leggy for a rotti but we didn't care . We loved her anyways and it was one thing that made her,  her!!!! She could bounce like a deer ;)
We love our pups for what they are faults or no faults. I think it would be very boring if every dog looked like a a cloned dog..lol ;) ;) :D

Molly is very very beautiful :-*
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 03:05:13 am by Icerotti »

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
I todsi just leave myself open to much that is ending i waited a long time for these girl's,regardless,i am a old hen,alway's protect my live stock,but we have,good new's we will start build our log home next year!!up state,n,y,6,acre's so my girl's can really run,i love my Dog's just Don't want then to be near or by hurtfutful, peaple,Saint Bernard's can sence your kindness or not!!p,s, u 3, thanks for lisening to me someone here is alway's is trying to give me a hard time, i get sick of it,love mrylee!!!!

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers

The reason why you have a Saint Bernard is because there is a breed standard that describes what the perfect Saint Bernard should look like.

Caring breeders show their dogs to see how they stack up against their peers, and because it is the responsible thing to do if you are going to breed dogs.

I RESENT being tarred with your broad brush regarding dog shows and show dogs. I have shown dogs for MANY years. All my dogs are pets first and show dogs second.

Even in the most carefully planned litters, there will likely be puppies who, in the opinion of the breeder, do not make the grade as far as show or breeding prospects. These puppies make marvelous pets, and deserve responsible loving homes.

It is quite simple to find the Saint Bernard Breed Standard at the AKC's website. http://www.akc.org

Blue eyes are not acceptable for the show ring or for breeding, in Saint Bernards.

Luckily they do not affect the lovability scale of dogs.

There are many of us out here who have studied our chosen breeds for years, and strive to produce ONLY the very best. One of the ways we educate ourself in our quest for excellence is to attend dog shows, and show our dogs.

I RESENT your insinuation that people who attend dog shows or show their dogs are all snobs, or that it is such an evil place that you would need a HOLY WATER BLESSING BEFORE ATTENDING, OR that is it not a fun event for dogs.

Dogs who do not have fun in the show ring don't do very well.

My dogs LOVE dog shows. They CLAMOR for their lead to be put on to go to the ring, and most of the time I have to drag them away from the rings.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Icerotti

I agree with Red a dog would not be in the ring if they did not have fun and enjoy what they are doing. If they did not like it you would have the most uncooperative dog.

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers

***mutter mutter mutter***

**grumble grumble**

::)

I had one, Ice, she was totally gorgeous. Just as nice as Penny, and nicer in some ways.

She hated a dog show, she was not well socialized, and was almost 6 mos old when I got her.

She never got over it, and I was never able to finish her.

If they don't enjoy it, if you don't SEE to it they enjoy it, you are wasting your time.

:D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com

Icerotti

Penny is beautiful.  My husband (me too)would love to have a dog like Penny. He really misses his Katie girl. I feel bad we didn't get anothe female rotti after she passed. He said he did not want another  female right away. I think he felt like he was replacing her. :'(

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Red, everytime I read one of your post about dog shows I can't wait to take Dixie to her first show in November.  I think it will be something we both enjoy doing. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 08:24:24 am by DixieSugarBear »

GR8DAME

I'm talking out my hat here, because I have never shown my dogs, they were all obtained as pets, have flaws and that is the way they will remain. Companion animals. I have attended dog shows though, while researching various breeds. I also spent a huge amount of my time when much younger, at horse shows all over the States. I have run into many arrogent, snobby, snotty people at both venues. I have also run into some marvelously caring dedicated people, knowledgeable and invaluable resources for any dog or horse owner. I have met the same types of people at work, in my nieghborhood and at the grocery store. It's a fact of life, not a fact of dog shows. If those are the only people you met there then you didn't meet enough people. I think we all deal with enough steriotyping of our big dogs, lets not do it to each other.
JMHO< end of rant.
Stella

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
It look's like i opened up a can of Worm's Here!!!!!!!!m,l,!!!!

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers

well???
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com

BabsT

I have done one show with Zero and well I looked like a fool BUT we had fun..I think anything that you do with your dog that they both enjoy is awesome

I will attempt to show zero again and my new girl...i am for a total dog

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
I am sure we will look like total fools at the first dog show, but that will be half the fun.  I feel like it is something special I can do with Dixie.  If she likes it and is good at it, great we will do it again. If not so be it.  The only way I am going to know what Dixie's flaws are is by showing her. I can study the standard all I want but I need to have people that have been in Great Pyrenees for 10/20 years point out  what her flaws are. The flaws will not mean I love her any less they will just let me know if I should even consider breeding her.  There is no way I would ever breed without knowing the flaws of both the male and the female.  In order to have the very best puppies possible this is a must.  I know you were just standing up for the girl you love Mary Lee. There are lots of reason for people to show dogs. 
I have done one show with Zero and well I looked like a fool BUT we had fun..I think anything that you do with your dog that they both enjoy is awesome

I will attempt to show zero again and my new girl...i am for a total dog
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 08:12:41 am by DixieSugarBear »

nickerbokker

i say we back off ml