Author Topic: Introduction of all Kuvasz members please!  (Read 17496 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Introduction of all Kuvasz members please!
« on: April 24, 2005, 05:09:43 pm »
 :)  Hello!  My name is Shana and my family and myself share our lives with two wonderful Kuv's.  Aidan and Beauty.  We are also blessed to be enjoying their 14 babies right now!  Our "kuv kids" are wonderful comapnions, dedicated and loyal.  They enjoy spending most of their time with the children, taking walks, riding in the car, and lounging in the house.  Anytime with the family is a GOOD time for them.  Attached are some pictures.  I look forward to getting to know all of you!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 05:11:30 pm by kildeskennel »
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Rufiesmom

Re: Introduction of all Kuvasz members please!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 05:18:14 pm »
I jumped over from the pyr section.  I just love those big white dogs.  What a beautiful family!!  Mama kuv looks very loving and the babies are adorable!!  It must be hard to adopt them out when the time comes.  Is 14 an extra large litter or is that common?  Sounds like a lot of fun!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 05:24:20 pm »
Some more pictures
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 06:10:46 pm »
 ;D  Here are pictures of our babies taken today.  Beauty seems to bem uch more comfortable with the kids or one of us in with her.  Not always but she is nursing almost round the clock it seems and having to rotate pups. She has been getting upset and not wanting to stay in the room, so we started letting thekids in with her, and she calmed right down.  Nurses longer and more frequently.  So we are learning more, and keeping her happy and calm is very important to us!
Storm Jameson

Offline k9obsessed

• Gnawer
  • Chi ama me, ama il mio cani
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 07:28:35 pm »
I just found this site, so here's my intro:
My name is Michele and I live in northern CA.  My family currently consists of five kuvaszok: Dani, Bogie, Zeus, Bug and Shiloh.  We would have had more this week, but Bug lost her litter due to a detached placenta on May 1.  So, you can understand if I'm jealous of your large litter.
I have had kuvasz since 1990 and have been involved in kuvasz rescue since 1991.  I have fostered over 30 kuvaszok (luckily, not all at once.)  I have been involved in showing my kuvasz and currently have one as a registered therapy dog.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 07:48:54 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss!  How devastating for you and your girl.... :'(  I could not imagine going thru that...I am having my female spayed after the pups are totally weaned, I don't want to take a chance of losing her or her pups.  I NEVER expected such a large litter, you know I am sure that 16 way to many....We lost 3 and that was hard enough...One of my boys is going to Utah to become a therapy dog, and a little girl to Arizona so far.  I have 2 others that will stay in MN where I live.  We plan on adding another female to our family in a few months.  if you would like, I could share some puppy pic's with you...Again I am so sorry for what you went thru, is your girl ok?
Storm Jameson

Offline k9obsessed

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 10:55:19 pm »
 I would LOVE to see some pictures. 
     Our little Bug is doing well.  She took the loss of the litter really hard.  She walked around with a stuffed animal in her mouth, crying and howling.  So, we went out and got her a foster child.  That helped her get over the loss.  It was rough for us to lose the litter, but the important thing was that we kept her healthy, since we caught it in time.
     You mentioned you got Aiden from a Canadian breeder.  Would that be the Schmidts or Darla?  Who did you get Beauty from?

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 06:03:17 pm »
Aidan came from Darla, and Beauty from Szumeria.  Pictures of the pups arep osted under Kuvasz pictures, I put them up a few days ago.  I feel so bad for your girl!  How terribly heartbreaking for her, and I am sure for you as well.  I am glad she is ok, how is she doing with the foster?
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 06:05:07 pm »
  Your pic had not loaded when I replied!  She is beautiful and looks happy with her new baby!   :D
Storm Jameson

Offline kuvaszlily

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 09:47:59 pm »
Hi - my name is Lori and my husband is Jason.  We have only 1 Kuvasz, Lily.  She is a family dog, so she's inside most of the time.  She looks for trouble I must say, and a thief.  She keeps us on our toes, that's for sure.  She is so affectionate though, you can't stay mad at her long.  

What cute puppies you have... In the litter Lily was born in the mother had 15 pups, 3 still born.  The breeder was breeding her again a year later...that's very honorable that you're spaying her...I am sure you must have been in disbelief when all those puppies kept coming...  

Michelle, I am very sorry for your loss also...I bet it was so emotional...I love the photo of mommy with her new kitty baby, what a great idea.  They look so sweet together.

Offline k9obsessed

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 11:07:32 am »
Hi Lori.  Where are you located? 
Hmmm... a kuvasz that keeps you on your toes?  Unbelievable <g>!  After all the kuvaszok I've had over the years, their sense of humor never ceases to amaze me.  It takes a special person to share their life with a kuvasz.  And of course, they also must be smarter than their kuvasz.
We live in a pack with our dogs.  Although we have two kennels for incorporating rescues, etc., the dogs run free.  We have a dog door, so they have in-out access.  Needless to say, we don't worry about burglars.  This is a typical evening at our house.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 01:11:08 pm »
kildeskennel - Mama looks so happy with all those puppys laying with her. It almost looks like she is smiling. Congrats! It truely is a miracle. :)

Kandi

Offline kuvaszlily

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 11:03:36 pm »
We're right outside of San Antonio, TX... in Bulverde.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 11:05:10 pm by kuvaszlily »

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 11:36:10 pm »
LOL!  That mimicks my house!  Each have their own "special chair" and actually climb up wherever we are!  It never ceases to amaze me how they can "fold" themselves into the chair they picked as pups, the bigger they get, the smaller they seem to scrunch themselves.... We have always allowed our Kuv's to be as much a part of the family as possible and YES they have their own furniture in our home!
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 12:53:28 am »
I have always wondered how a Kuv does in hotter climates..One of my girls is  going to Arizona, I know Texas is hot too. In Minnesota our weather is so volitale, cold then hot, horribly muggy...We provide hard plastic pools is our kennel for cool down time, and have 5 lakes withing 10 minutes of our house so we swim alot.  What do you do for cooling yours?
Storm Jameson