Author Topic: I have a job & I start today...  (Read 9018 times)

Anakalia

Re: I have a job & I start today...
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 06:28:45 am »
Well I'm so glad you had a good first day!!  I've always been a chipper person so I learned with rude people the BEST way to deal with them is to "kill 'em with kindness".  I really get a kick out of it!  I think it makes them more mad, but it's just because they're not a happy person to begin with.  And I'm sure you'll deal with more kind people than rude ones anyway.  As for the 1/2 off on food, THAT'S CRAPPY!! I'm always up for FREE food. lol  I've heard people that work in fast food restaurants hardly ever eat the food they make, and I think that's funny.  Good Luck on your second day of work! It sounds like you're a fast learner so you'll be in a routine in no time!

Andi

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 06:29:45 am »
K...got to run...Do you all know that just because you go to work the housework STILL needs to be done? ...lol!
  Noooooooooo, dont clean the house, all the dirt will wait on you, it's not going anywhere.  Now onto the fine art of " I worked all day" I can't do that.
Glad you had a good day.  Gyspy you need to be something with dogs when you grow up. Maybe run a doggy day care, Pippin and Sammy would keep the others in line. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 08:17:25 am »
I've heard people that work in fast food restaurants hardly ever eat the food they make, and I think that's funny.

This is sort of true.  When I worked at BK, I always made my own food (and invented a few new sandwiches along the way) and got it for free most of the time b/c I'm a sweet talker........ ......lol.  But after quitting there several years ago, I can't stomach eating there anymore.  Eight years of BK food is about all I can stand.  Plus the fact that no one can make as good a sandwich as I can.   ;D  I mean seriously, how hard is it to get the pickles in the middle of the sandwich (among other things)?   ???

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 08:38:20 am »
K...got to run...Do you all know that just because you go to work the housework STILL needs to be done? ...lol!
  Noooooooooo, dont clean the house, all the dirt will wait on you, it's not going anywhere.  Now onto the fine art of " I worked all day" I can't do that.
Glad you had a good day.  Gyspy you need to be something with dogs when you grow up. Maybe run a doggy day care, Pippin and Sammy would keep the others in line. 

Lisa
Well, msot of the housework has to wait...I am still busy & that is just with the kid & animal care that has to be done...I already called my hubby & said "The house will not be clean when you come in off of the road tomorrow & you better not even look twice at the dirt"!...lol...He agreed immediatly because he knows how I am when I am in a snit...lol...I should do something with dogs or some kind of animals...I've done TONS of research on cats, dogs, bunnies, guinea pigs...Saves me a ton in vet bills as preventative medicine...My youngest brother just told me Sunday night that I know more about animals than anyone he knows...That made me feel good! :)

nickerbokker

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 08:39:24 am »
Sausage McGriddles rule!  They are massively addictive!  Um...can you send some this way??

Good Luck Gyp!  I know you'll do great!

talk about good "next morning" medicine!  i love those things!

CONGRATS MS GYPS!  CONGRATS!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 08:41:55 am »
Sausage McGriddles rule!  They are massively addictive!  Um...can you send some this way??

Good Luck Gyp!  I know you'll do great!

talk about good "next morning" medicine!  i love those things!

CONGRATS MS GYPS!  CONGRATS!
Why ty Ms. Nicks!...Believe it or not I have never eaten McDonalds breakfast...Am I missing anything? :-\

nickerbokker

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 08:43:41 am »
OMG!  FOR LIKE 10 YEARS (yes i know, 1/2 my life hehe), ALL I ATE WAS THE BREAKFAST MENU.  NEVER ATE ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE BREAKFAST....B UT MAN CAN I PACK IT AWAY!  I LOVE THAT STUFF! 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2005, 09:10:25 am »
OMG!  FOR LIKE 10 YEARS (yes i know, 1/2 my life hehe), ALL I ATE WAS THE BREAKFAST MENU.  NEVER ATE ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE BREAKFAST....B UT MAN CAN I PACK IT AWAY!  I LOVE THAT STUFF! 
I might go in early tomorrow & try some then...What do you recommend?

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 09:22:02 am »

I might go in early tomorrow & try some then...What do you recommend?

Get the bacon egg and cheese bisquit with a hashbrown. Best thing on the menu - I LOVE them

RIP former BPO

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2005, 09:23:57 am »
K..thanks Shang!...What should I try on Wed. guys? ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 10:00:50 am »
I'm glad your first day went well. Try a sausage, egg & cheese on a bagel. I get the combo because I love the hashbrowns. :) When I worked at Mcdonalds I ate the food and then couldn't eat it for years after that. I can eat it now. The cheeseburgers are my all time favorite along with the fries. MMM now I'm hungry.

Anakalia

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 10:36:25 am »
I LOVE the McGriddles!  Do they still have those?

Tony thought he'd be sweet today and bring home McDonald's for lunch, he bought my favorite Big Mac Meal, but stupid Andi ate all the fries first and couldn't finish the Big Mac.   :'(

Andi

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 11:18:59 am »
Great start to a new career!!  I'm so glad that it went well and the pups behaved!  The worst part is over .... the first step!  Sometimes it IS good to talk to adult humans, if only to realize how good it is to get home ;)!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 11:22:31 am »
  Sometimes it IS good to talk to adult humans, if only to realize how good it is to get home ;)!
I know!...I kept telling them today "it's taking me a minute to learn the computer screens but I can tell you every Barney song ever sung & the name of every Rescue Hero"!....lol!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 11:23:58 am »
Gypsy,

How wonderful! Enjoy your job. It's greating out and having brief conversations with adult. What was it that Michael Keeton said, something about that you know you're in trouble when you spend a good part of your day watching Sesame Street and start to like it...well, you know I mean.

Keep us posted on the McD sampling, and all else with Pippin. He's not going to wear that pink dress for Halloween is he? ;)

Deena