Author Topic: I have a job & I start today...  (Read 8962 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

I have a job & I start today...
« on: October 02, 2005, 08:33:08 pm »
Just in case anyone notices I'm not posting quite as much, I start a job today...I have been home with the kids since they were born except for some temp. work during the holidays a couple of years...Anyway, I took a part time job at the McDonalds in our small town...I can work around the kids' school hours because I have never used sitters...I hardly slept last night because I am stressed out about keeping up...I will probably do fine but it's been SO long since I had a "real job"...lol...Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!...I am not the most social person & have a hard time being nice to people that are not nice to me...I will try deep breaths instead of telling someone to kiss my butt that really needs to hear it...lol...& I HATE leaving Samson & Pippin...BIG TIME!!!...K...got to run...I need to get the kids to the bus & come home & get ready for work...Catch you all later! :)

GR8DAME

Re: I have a job & I start today...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 09:16:22 pm »
Good luck, Chelle. You'll do fine. Working is like riding a bike, in no time at all you'll be right back in the swing of things. And just think of all the puppy kisses that you'll get when you come home...
Stella

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 09:27:14 pm »
Congratulation s and good luck! I am so glad that Sammy and Pippin each other to play with while you are at work.  I am sure they will just sleep the day away and save all there enegry for you and the kids.  Have a good day.  We are going to miss your post during the day.  :(

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 11:28:12 pm »
Congrats and good luck!  I hope you have a great first day!  :)

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 12:53:57 am »
Congrats, Chelle! Working with people will be good for you. It will help you learn restraint. Of course some people need to be told to kiss butts, but its so good for you to just be able to let that sorta thing roll down your back, too. You're going to do fine, and Sammy and Pippin will have each other to cuddle and play with during the day!

CONGRATS!

And, get I get in on some of that free Eggmcmuffin action, too?

BabsT

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 12:58:57 am »
YAY...All you have to do is smile...if they get upset...smile some more and get he manager LOL

You will be fine!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 02:04:50 am »
That's great! I worked at Mcdonalds my senior year of highschool. It was a lot of fun because some of my friends worked there too. My manager was younger then me. How that happened I don't know. She was such a b**ch. It went to her head. Just a warning that it can happen with you. Good luck! ;D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 02:24:16 am »
That's great news, Chelle! I hope you have a great first day. You could "accidentally" drop some sausage on the floor and take it home to Samson and Pippin!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

dohertyswissy

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 02:34:30 am »
Sausage McGriddles rule!  They are massively addictive!  Um...can you send some this way??

Good Luck Gyp!  I know you'll do great!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 02:36:28 am »
Good Luck, Gyps!

You are going to do great!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 02:42:12 am »
Well, having worked at Burger King for 8 years previously, I can tell you I sooooo much preferred working in the back to working up front with the customers.  I was constantly told to smile and some people are just too stupid to smile to.

Plus, in the back you can sneak some food and make fun of all the customers w/o them knowing (most of the time)   ;D

Good luck with the new job, I'm sure you'll do splendidly

Offline Roxy Poxy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 02:47:49 am »
Good luck and have fun!!  I would get fired for sure!  I have this subconscious habit of "accidentally" dropping, flinging, tossing, lobbing food onto the floor.  I'm not to sure where or when I picked up this "trait," but I'm pretty sure Roxy had something to do with it!  Even if I didn't drop the food, I would definitely try to swipe a hamburger patty into my pocket to take home for you-know-who!  Roxy is more of an In-N-Out burger girl, but McD's is just as good! 

I can only imagine the kind of welcome home greeting you'll get from Samson and Pippin when you get home!  I hope you can concentrate on your work today, I know all I ever think about is Roxy...I'm finally realizing that I  think I have a problem... I think about my Roxy way too much! 

Good Luck and Congratulation s on your new job!!

Steph and Roxy :D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 03:29:57 am »
I hope that you have a great first day Gypsy! I am sure that all of the free food will make up for all of the deep breaths that you will have to take.  ;D And just think of how happy the boys will be when you get home today!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Anakalia

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 03:49:47 am »
I'm so happy for you!!  You'll do fine!  There are a lot of jerks in this world but it's not your fault they have issues! lol  I can't wait see how your first day went!

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 05:55:53 am »
WOW!...Thanks guys!!...Today went really well...I only had a couple of mildly rude customers & found it is great fun to smile at them really really big & be extra sweet & polite becaue it really seems to tick them off even more! :D I caught on pretty quickly so that was cool...In another 6 months to a year I hope to move on to soemthing else but I wanted something to ease me back into the work force...I'm not sure what i wanna be when Igrow up yet...lol...bu t I'll keep trying to find out. ;D Free food?...NOT!...20 minutes before & after your shift you can get 1/2 off of up to $6.50 in food...Thankfu lly I am SO burned out on McDonalds because of the kids that this is not an issue for me...lol...Sam son & Pippin were extra happy to see me today!...That is the longest I have ever left them alone...I could not wait to get back to them...I swear I thought about running people down who were crossing the street to get back to them!...They were good boys!...No accidents & nothing chewed up...I am proud of them!...I was a bit worried about Pippin as before he came here he was only in the house for 1 week...Until almsot 5 months old he was out with the goats...We only had 1 accident here from him ever but I was kind of wondering if it was because I was always with him & let him out so many times a day...Nope...h e's a good boy!!! ;D K...got to run...Do you all know that just because you go to work the housework STILL needs to be done? :-\...lol!