Author Topic: New here, What a great Forum :)  (Read 7423 times)

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
New here, What a great Forum :)
« on: April 25, 2005, 08:20:39 am »
Hi,
I have been reading post for a few days, but have decided to introduce myself.  I am a SAHM of four, dd 9 (almost 10), ds 7, dd 4 and ds 2 (almost 3).  We recently got a Saint puppy named Bailey.  She has been such a wonderful addition to our family.  My husband was not too excited about getting a dog, but now he loves her as much as the rest of the family.  She is such a fun, goofy pup.  We love to watch her "bound" around the house after the kids.  I am so glad to find this site, as I am new to the Saint breed.  I am sure I will post with lots of questions, so be prepared.

I was reading the post about drool, and was curious when I would start wearing it with my clothing?  She does not drool at all, yet, except maybe a little after she drinks?  Does this usually start when they are older?  Also, I was wondering what age they start loosing their puppy coat.  Bailey is 11 weeks, now.  She has learned sit, shake, and down.  We are working on come and stay.  We will start obedience classes the end of May.  Any other suggestions about this breed would be wonderful!  I can't wait to get to know all of you :)

new2saints

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: New here, What a great Forum :)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 08:49:56 am »
Welcome! You have a beautiful baby there. I'm not sure about the St. puppy coat but my baby started loosing his around 5 month mark. It made me so sad.  :( Anyhow, I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing more pics of your gorgeous Bailey.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 08:58:17 am »
Welcome to the site,Great to see saint owners.my husband was not thrilled either but he loves him more than ever.Spotakiss is now 5 months.Yes at first he didnt drool.He just started to about a month ago so get ready.

Offline SaintMommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lucy and Charlie with puppy pal Bosley - 10 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:43:36 am »
First of all welcome!!! This site is amazing, we love it. Big dogs are so special and we love this site.  I think the drool is an individual thing... Cassie 11 months/144lbs   has never been a super big drooler.  When she is hot, excited ,hungry or at the bark park, there is a little  but just spontaneous drooling not so much.  She lost her "fuzzy" puppy fur around 5 months I think.... She still has the tinest bit around the top of her ears, now it's very cute. ENJOY!!! the puppy time, it's short with out giant breeds.... take lots of pics! You just forget they were ever little.   Great job on the training, and by the way, come and stay are very difficult for this breed from what I have read.  Cassie has super selective hearing on both those commands even today.... I am sure it has something to do with the fact that I am not a great alpha, although my husband is.  Please feel free to ask all the questions you wish... we are all great about answering.  Take care!
Thanks much,
Renee & Mark

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 04:57:20 pm »
Hi and welcome. I too am new to Saints. Our BABY just turned 1 in March. He is just wonderfull with my kids. I have 3 (kids) LOL. 2 yrs almost 3, 5yrs almost 6, and 6yrs almost 7. Judge is closest to my 2 year old. Guess thats because they spend so much time together.
The drool for us has just started . Most of the time its when we go to Tim Hortons and he is waiting for his free Tim Bit. HEHEHE Always alot of people laughing in the restaurant. Or gagging. LOL You gotta love it. Its kinda like some of the things we wipe off of our kids that grosses everyone else out but not us.ENJOY you neww puppy!!!
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket