Author Topic: Greta in ridiculously funny predicament...  (Read 7892 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Greta in ridiculously funny predicament...
« on: October 05, 2005, 09:22:01 am »
Greta loves fishing and she loves going for rides and she loves the beach.  So, my bf went fishing last Sunday and asked if he could take her along.  I said, "Sure, but she's a handful when you have a bite!"  (Especially since he was on a raft!)

So, he puts the raft in the water next to the dock...the same dock in the photo in the current Avatar (when this was posted.)  She is supposed to "STAY" while he goes back to the Jeep to get more stuff.

Well, he looks up while he is unloading and there is Greta, still halfway in the raft - her front paws are on the dock while her hindquarters are still in the raft.  To make matters worse, the raft is slowly drifting away from the dog.  As this happens Greta stands with a forlorn look on her face, her body stretching out further and further until she falls headfirst off the raft and disappears under the dock.

My bf said he was worried because she did not surface immediately, but when she did she had sand all over her face. 

When the fishing was over that evening Greta did not want to get out of the raft and onto the dock...I think he had to carry her.

Learned her lesson, I'd say.

When my bf caught fish he said the first thing to go was the coffee, then the tackle box, because Greta is like a soccer fan and on a little raft, well...you can imagine.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Icerotti

Re: Greta in ridiculously funny predicament...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:24:56 am »
LOL. I could just picture poor Greta all stretched out...lol

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:30:31 am »
If Greta could talk she would tell you that she had it all under control the entire time  :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:30:39 am »
OMG!...lol!...Poor Greta & poor b/f!!!...The image of her stretched between dock & boat...I felt so bad for her!...I bet she won't do that again!

BabsT

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 09:32:38 am »
Oh Muffin!  Poor thing LOL..I am sure she still had a blast though LOL

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 01:07:52 am »
what a character.  I'm glad she's ok though.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 10:23:18 pm »
One of the funniest things about it is that Greta tries to be so dignified.  She is ornery and gumpy most of the time.  She is also pushy and only affectionate on her own terms.  Sometimes she gets this psycho look in her eyes and hones in on little Betti.  So, I think that makes her predicament even funnier.  But, she's as smart as a whip, so it is a given that she WON'T do it again... ;D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 10:24:43 pm »
Rotts definately have a different way of looking at things and acting.  They are so full of personality and determination.   
I love you, Greta!   Big Kiss!  :-*

angelsmama

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 01:27:39 am »
omg lol poor greta, i can see her doing that :D

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 03:21:09 am »
I can just see the look on her face when the raft was pulling away from the dock, "Uh oh!"
Did she look around to see if anyone saw her?
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 04:25:21 pm »
It must have been humiliating for her. I only know to recap what my bf told me. He was a good distance away loading the vehicle when he noticed her (after telling her to wait). She didn't listen, of course, so ended up stretched between the raft and dock like a rottweiler gumby. Miss priss that she is I suspect it was rather traumatizing for her. It wasn't a stationary situation like being half on the bed and half on the floor. Oh no.....this was something far different...a little motion in the physical mix and she was left with a lack of understanding. With her upturned nose and pompous attitude I'm sure it was rather humbling when she was left with no other choice than to attempt to drag her front end onto the dock. I told her she should have kept up with the upper body workout, but she thought that since she is not a model anymore it didn't matter. So....

PLOP goes the Greta...and UNDER she went...for a couple of seconds as my bf came running in exasperation.. .waiting for her to surface.

I can see it now...her wreckless splashing, front paws high in the air, eyes wide in panic...

She didn't expect that!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:27:21 pm by moonlitcroatia »

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 11:45:47 pm »
Has he taken her fishing since?  :D

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 02:10:32 pm »
Has he taken her fishing since?  :D

LOL. Not yet. But he recaps the story all the time. I'm sure he will take her again. I should make a videotape of her antics on the shore of the Little Quil river and put it on YouTube. I'll let you know if I do. She was very excited about the salmon run a couple of years ago and I had to finally put her in the car.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 02:11:21 pm »
I will never get sick of that story. :)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 02:12:56 pm »
I will never get sick of that story. :)

Is that a hint? LOL.  :D