Author Topic: more Daisy updates...  (Read 2525 times)

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
more Daisy updates...
« on: October 05, 2005, 09:23:23 am »
ahhhh!! As if life wasn't tough enough with going to chemo, Daisy started to limp a few weeks ago on the leg she had ACL surgury
on last winter.  The vet took an x-ray and he suspects that she has bone spurs.  How painful it must be for her.  I gave in and started
giving her Deramaxx.  She took her first pill today and her mood lightened up.  I think it brought her some relief.  I really wanted to do
everything natural and holistic for her but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.  I added more gluco and chrondroitin
to her growing list of supplements too.  Daisy takes such good supplements it would keep a person alive until 100!!  Which if she lives
to be 10 years old she would actually be 100 in people years!  I hope everyone is doing good here at Big Paws.  Where would
we all be without our four-legged buddies?  I'm so glad that I have my little yellow lab to soak up all my tears one day after Daisy passes
over the rainbow bridge.  I keep asking at my vet's office to get a support group started.  :)

Icerotti

Re: more Daisy updates...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:27:30 am »
Poor Daisy. She cetainly has had some trial and tribulations latley. You have to do what is right for your girl and as long as she is not in pain-that is all that matters. Just keep thinking positive and she will pick up on that too. Best wishes to you and daisy ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 09:37:02 am by Icerotti »

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 11:02:31 am »
Please give Daisy an extra from us.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 03:25:54 am »
Poor Daisy. Your a Good Mommy though, you're doing whatever you can to make her comfortable. We'll be here for you when you need us. Our prayers are with you.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman