Author Topic: Goodbye Gunner  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Gunnersmom

• Gnawer
  • Big dogs. . . big babies
    • View Profile
Goodbye Gunner
« on: October 05, 2005, 10:02:32 am »
I just joined this board, and had a chance to post a few pictures of my Boxer, Gunner.  Saturday October 1st, we lost Gunner to cancer. We fought it for a month.  I can't even begin to say how much this hurts, and reading some of the recent posts about George and Sassy, I see I don't have to. You all understand, and you have my sympathy as well.  I guess somehow we get past it, but I don't know how at this point.  Just wanted to share some pictures of the best dog I've ever had. I just don't ever want to forget anything about him even if memories bring tears along with smiles.
Until there are none-rescue one!

BabsT

Re: Goodbye Gunner
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 10:08:13 am »
My thoughts and prayers are with you

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 10:09:31 am »
I am so sorry to hear about Gunner. We lost Katie girl to cancer in May.05. Just give yourself time to really grieve  and remember that everyone grieves differently. Most importantly , they are never gone from our hearts. Godspeed to the bridge Gunner. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you at this difficult time.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 10:10:09 am by Icerotti »

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 10:28:45 am »
I'm so sorry... I pray that God will be with you and comfort you  :(
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 10:38:54 am »
Our prayers are with you and your family.  Just think of the joy Gunner feels now with not pain as he runs and plays.  I lost my dear sweet Rosie last summer due to a snake bite so I know the pain you feel.  I found that telling stories about her funny way helped me make it through the dark days.  Just try to make it through one hour and then the next.  Know that we are here for you and would love to see your photos and hear any stories.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

DakotaMom

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 11:09:10 am »
Gunner was a very handsome boy. I am sure that he and Sassy will find each other over the rainbow bridge. I will keep your family in my prayers as we deal with the pain of losing our loved ones.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 11:16:01 am »
Gunnersmom, we are all here for you.  We have all been there and we all know how bad it hurts.  You just take it day by day, and one day it hurts a little bit less.  It doesn't ever stop, but it does get better. 

And someday you WILL see your beautiful boy again.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 10:22:22 pm »
I made a scrapbook of Rosie after I lost her last summer. I found that I had to stay busy and trying to not think about it just did not work for me.  The first few weeks I did not want to sleep, eat, go anywhere or do anything.  The first healing started when I started to work on her scrapbook.  I had lots of photos but not in one place.  The next step for me was one day I was in the shop and typed in great pyrenees and saw some puppies.  I  :'(  for about two hours just thinking about Rosie as a puppy, then I was walking to the back door so I could go outside to one of her special places.  On the way out the back a fluff of white Rosie hair came down from above me (I still get chills when I think about it) and I knew that Rosie was ok.  I also knew in that moment that she did not want me to be alone with out a fur-baby to love on.  I know most people would say it was just some old hair that the ac moved as I walked by.  Say that if you wish but I know it was Rosie talking to me.  I had already pick up every bit of white hair I could find and put it in a bag so I could smell her.  So now I look at her scrapbook every few day,visit her grave on our daily walks and talk to her all the time.  The love I had inside needed to be shared with other fur-babies.  So now I have my Sugar Bear and Dixie Darlin.  I found that the love I have for my Rosie was only the start of what I am destin to do with my life which is to raise the best possible Great Pyrenees.  After lots of study and planning I will have my "White Rose" Great Pyrenees kennel.  Rosie did leave this earth for a reason. I feel that God needed her and he knew that Sugar Bear needed me.  So now I am Mom to Sugar Bear and Dixie Darlin with lots more to come.  Sorry to go on and on, I was only going to post about how much the scrapbook helped me. 

Lisa
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:44:29 pm by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 02:46:58 am »
Oh Gunner!  You're going to be missed I can tell.   
I'm sorry to hear about your pain and loss.  :) 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 02:58:36 am »
I'm so sorry for your loss. Gunner was a very handsome boy. My thoughts are with you.

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 03:07:56 am »
Handsome Man!
Our hearts reach out to ease your pain.
Godspeed to the Bridge Gunner.
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline suzanne

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • raised dog feeder
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 12:24:21 pm »
I am so very sorry about you losing Gunner.  One of my Pyrs, Tinkerbelle, also died of cancer...after a month long battle...a few years ago.  My only consolation was that she was no longer suffering.  She and most of the other dogs I have loved and lost are on the Pet Loss Support section of my website.  http://www.raiseddogfeeder.com/html/pet_loss_support.html    It contains many links, articles etc. that may help you during this terribly difficult time. 

Suzanne, Sophia and Riggs
Suzanne, Sophia (5 yr. old Pyr) and Riggs (10 month old Newf)

www.raiseddogf eeder.com

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 06:40:50 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that, will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, the was a handsome boy!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 07:14:31 pm »
Gunner was a beauty. Looked like quite a character too! You should make a scrapbook! What a great idea...I wish I had thought of it when I lost my 1st Turk.

Sorry for your loss. Glad you found BPO to share Gunner with us.

Deena