Author Topic: Hello  (Read 8231 times)

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:41:53 pm »
Hi, I'm Gin, and I have three Great Danes.  This looks like a nice forum, and I hope to get to know all of you and your "fur kids" better. 

Here is a little bit about my Danes and I.  I was given my first Dane at 16, I looked for a long time when I decided it was time to add another dog to the family, and last spring I did.  I found a great breed mentor, and she offered me an opportunity to have a lovely puppy, which I gratefully accepted, and now it's three! 

I was raised on a dairy,  grew up showing horses, and I eventually started breaking and training them.  That led me to the Thoroughbred tracks, and I've decided to take some time off from racing to concentrate on education and learning the world of dog showing.  Now, I'm here!  Thank you Taijin, for introducing me to this site. 

BabsT

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 08:52:59 pm »
Welcome aboard...Can I be you LOL  You'll like it here

I am Babs...I have 2 dogs  11month Central Asian and a 18wk old Caucasian

Cant wait to see pics

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:35:39 pm »
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic of all of my dogs.  Having problems figuring it out...  Will try in a bit, promise.  :)

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:38:39 pm »
Hi there!! I'm Andi and I have a 18month old Great Dane named Koby!  That's him in my avatar, with his "psycho" look. lol  I just wanted to say the pic of your dog is amazing!  Stunning photo, can't wait to see more! ;D

Andi

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 09:40:09 pm »
Here's a group photo. 

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 09:40:22 pm »
Welcome to BPO.  I hope you love it here as much as I do. I am Lisa, owned by two Great Pyrenees.  Sugar Bear is  15 months and Dixie Darlin in 9 months.  I am taking Dixie to her first dog show in November.  I can't wait to learn more about your babies.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 09:45:07 pm »
Thanks everyone!  My Black and White girl gets the psycho look a lot.  But she is, shhh, don't tell her I said so.  In that picture above, my puppy's mask is washed out, I think it was the flash.  Here's one of her stacked in front of the barn.  Yes, she is standing on a rotted tree stump, that was a HUGE tree. 

GR8DAME

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 09:54:14 pm »
Welcone to BPO, Gin Your dogs are beautiful. I have a doberman, a dane and a dane/IW mix currently complicating my life. Hope you enjoy the topics and the people here.
Stella

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 09:59:42 pm »
awwwwwwwww gin   cool photo   glad you are here
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 10:02:25 pm »
Here's one of Brindle puppy's birthday party from last Wednesday, I don't have kids, but I like it when the kids come out to play with the monsters, I really think it's great socialization. 

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 10:05:09 pm »
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!   I'm sure my dogs would just be leaning all over everyone for the warm welcome!  I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Anakalia

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 10:07:12 pm »
Wow, thanks for sharing more pics of your babies.  They are all gorgeous, you take wonderful photos.  The skinkids are adorable too! ;D

Oh, and Koby's "psycho" look is the look he has most of the time. lol  I often refer to him as my 170lbs psychopath! ;D 

Andi

BabsT

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 10:16:47 pm »
Great pics!  I am sure you will love it here

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 10:16:59 pm »
LOL, my aunt came over this morning to pick up my mother and she hasn't seen the Danes before, since I've been out of state the past four years, they all ran up to her and leaned, and she was amazed at how they were so loving and attention starved of course.  My Anya always has her psycho look, she's the sweetest but naughtiest dog.  She sneaks up on the bed, steals clothes, takes blankets, and "talks" when she demands things.  My puppy is always re-arranging the trash can, I wonder why I'm always finding cheese plastic or strange things upstairs, and my boy is so well behaved, I just can't believe it, I'm waiting for him to go through a stage lol.  That about sums up my dogs, they are always doing something, but it makes life interesting and I love them for it!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 10:29:07 pm »
I just wanted to say Welcome and that your dogs are gorgeous but I kind of missed the boat on that one.  My name is Ang and I have my Onx Brindle Dane baby Sanity who's a momma's boy and spoiled beyond reason.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."