Author Topic: Name my Pup!  (Read 5590 times)

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Name my Pup!
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:20:17 pm »
Ok all we are not sure how to spell the name of our Brindle Dane Pup. here is the name we are thinking of.
1. Sofe
2. Sofy
3.Sofie
4. Sofey
5. Sophy

as you can see we are not sure and actually are thinking about changing her name all together since the kids call her SOFA! lol we decided to name her Sofe(?) because all she wants to do is sleep on the sofa and she is one lazy pup. if anyone has any good idea's for a Brindle Great Dane Pup let me know. we already have her a middle name but still are ify on the 1st name. im sure someone will post a good name or a good way to spell her name. im so not good with names for animals..LOL thanks all!

ANGEL

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Re: Name my Pup!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 08:03:00 pm »
I have always seen it spelled  Sophie, and I love that name.
As for the new guy, can you post a pic, and maybe tell us what he's like? I'd hate to suggest a name like, say, Romulous Thor if he's a10lb poodle! LOL!

Vicki

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 08:07:48 pm »
Sophia?

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 10:14:30 am »
Sophie looks good to me.  nice name for your puppy Makes me think of a  pretty girl. My sister has a Great Dane and her name is Sadie. Suits her fine.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 11:20:36 am »
well she is a vocal pup. barks,growls and is just cute. she is Brindle (markings like a pit,mastiff that are Black/Brown). i do like the name tus wat.."Sophie" for her. i have to develope the pics i took of her today and then i will post some. thanks for the help!

ANGEL

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 11:45:47 am »
How about Agnes, or Bessie?  If she is a big oafy dog, those names seem to come to mind for me, kinda like a cow I guess.  Although, the Brindle coloring gives her sort of an exotic look.  Maybe you could research foreign names for females.  Lilu, Bwana, Helga, Sasha, Inga, Tess, etc.etc.etc.  Good luck, I think it's a good idea to pick a monosyllabic name.  I think people sound kinda silly when they are calling their dog and it's got a long name.  "Penelope!  Come here!"
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 11:48:42 am »
Not that I should even post in this topic, since I am having the very same problem, we have been working on a name for a couple of weeks. But for the ones you have there I think I like Sophie the most and Bear mentioned Sophia, I like that one too.

Good Luck, and please send a pic of the new baby

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 12:13:18 pm »
My girl's name is Sophie.  Its a great name  :D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 12:27:30 pm »
i think we will go with Sophie, i like that.

Marit, what names have you thought of for your new baby? its so hard to name them because you want to know how they act and thier personality.

Sophie is very loyal already. she HAS to always be with me no matter where i go. right now she is laying under my chair at my feet. she is very vocal no matter what and will let you know how she feels..lol she will bark at you if you tell her no and as she is barking she is hoping backwards. she has alot of personality. my dane that passed was also like that. he was always wanting to be near me and was also vocal but not at 10 wks. with her its like having a new baby all over. since i have had her i only slept in my bed 1 time. i sleep down stairs because when she has to go potty she will whine and wake me up at 2-3 am. she then climes on the sofa with me and will go back to sleep. i try and put her on the floor or the other sofa but she wont have it. she will get on the one im on and lay on my legs. she is already spoiled. how does your new baby sleep? he is crate trained or anything? i wish mine was..lol

ANGEL

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 12:45:50 pm »
Well about crate training, I have only lived in US for about 5 years, before that in Sweden, I think we tend to crate our dogs less, than it is done here. I have never crated a dog and knock on wood never had any problems with house breaking, mind you it takes that you can be there more or less at all times. We got our newest baby home yesterday,so still getting to know him, but yes he sleeps with me, he has so far not had an accident in the house, I fed him a little before 6 last night and took him out the last time about 12.30 am, then he slept until 7 when we all started to take showers and get ready, we went out and he did his thing. So first night went real well.

Name, hmmm hard isnt it??? We have in the past named our dogs from the mythology, some of the names we have had and have now on our dogs are, Hercules, Hera, Zeus, Gambrinus, Feronia, Freja. There are more, but thats the theme we try to stick to, so we are looking but a lot of them are real complicated especially for the kids. I guess we are keeping our fingers crossed for both of us.

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 09:14:12 pm »
Angel, how is it going with your names?? Have you made up your mind yet??

We have finally decided it took a lot of brainstorming, and give and take but here we are, his full name will be.

Studley's Sir Galahad of Lakeside  -  Galahad for short

Please let us know how you are doing in your name search.

Marit