Hounds > Greyhound Discussions & Pictures

Getting a Foster tomorrow

(1/2) > >>

Spook:
Hiya Everyone!

getting our first Foster hound tomorrow. A 5yr old male named Socks.. very excited about it. Going to surprise the heck out of my hubby.. he knew that a hound was coming but wasn't expecting him until next friday.  We look forward to fostering many more and i am sure along the way ..adopting.

Nina:
Good luck with the foster.  ;D It is a very rewarding experience

ZooCrew:
That's great that you are going to foster.  Good luck to you.  I want to foster, but have to wait a few years until we stop moving around.

LoveMySiberian:
Good luck with your foster! It is such a rewarding experience, but SO hard not to fall in love and adopt your foster.. which is what happened to me with Taz  :P

mountaindogmom:
I just signed up for my first foster as well.  She's a 6 month old Geman Shepherd/Greyound mix (supposedly).  She was scheduled to be euthanized today at the pound but I stepped in an a local rescue (near the pound) helped me to pull her.  She's about 3 hours away so that rescue is going to keep her until she's spayed in a few days so I only have to make the one trip.  I'm excited, and a little terrified!  The main concern is just the balance of our pack (2 dogs, 3 cats) and how she will effect it, but we'll work through it somehow.  I thought my hubby would kill me when I suggested it but he came around quickly and now said he's "excited about the challenge", so I think we are both ready.  I think she'll arrive sometime this weekend or the beginning of next week, depending on the spay availability.  Then the "fun" begins!  :-\  Time go go read up on Greyhounds, German Shepherds, and fostering!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version