Author Topic: MY NEW BABY IS HOME!!!!  (Read 7445 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
MY NEW BABY IS HOME!!!!
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:37:20 am »
 ;D Ohhhh have we been waiting for this day, well the day was actually yesterday. We have been waiting to get him home for about 23 weeks, and THAT is a long time. First to wait for his mom to get bred, then to see if she was pregnant, then to see if she had an apricot boy. It has been a long wait, but it was worth it, he is the coolest little boy, very handsome, and the most wonderful temp. He flew from MN to NC we picked him up, took him out of the cage, and put collar and leash on him, and put him down at the only place that was fairly pee friendly. Plane flew over his head and 18 wheelers drove by, nothing faced him. My four year old bonded straight away with him, so to the point so my 13 year old daughter felt jealous lol....

His first night went well, he slept next to me on my pillow and brought a soft toy he had with him up on the bed, that toy I am sure had seen way cleaner days. He eats as much as he is supposed to, and knock on wood he has yet to have an accident inside.

I do feel bad though, we are still working on the name, we have it down to two, but one my husband isnt too fond of, and the other my daughter doesnt like, so we may have to storm our brains to see if we can come up with something else, and it HAS to be TODAY, before the poor guy starts to think his name is puppy lol....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: MY NEW BABY IS HOME!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:22:16 pm »
congradulation s!!! He is just beautiful!  What a cutie :D

Rachel
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 08:39:27 pm »
Congrats! I'm glad that your new family member has finally arrived.  He is a gorgeous pup!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 09:09:26 pm »
He is absouletly beautiful!  What part of MN did he come from?  I live in Minnesota too! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 11:09:53 am »
The breeder is from a small place called Gaylord, I am not totally sure where that is (shows how good I am when it comes to goegraphy doesnt it lol...) Are you anywhere near there, or where in MN are you all???

Thanks for the kind words, he is adorable (but all babies are to their mom :>)) He is very correct at least as of now, you know how it is with puppies, the next week they make you cry and call the breeder and say ohhhhhhhhh he is hookie and his top line is not very stong lol.... But for now he looks like he will be a handsome man, his daddy is a very very good looking guy and his mommy is very nice aslwell. I am planning on conformation showing him, but what I like the most about him, is that he has his daddys temp. very very cool and laid back, nothing makes him stressed out or upset, and yet not the "alpha type" if you know what I mean.

This morning we had a "ohhh I will try and chew everything I can find rutine" Even though he is only 10 weeks and just came to us, I know he already knows a lot of the things he is not supposed to do, because he came with one of my shoes, held it infront of me, and then took off, just like saying "do you see what I have, now come catch me" We played that game for awhile with shoes, blankets, daughters school work, pillows and a newly drycleaned dress. After 5 or so min. he was doen and flopped down where he was standing and went to sleep for an hour. Are they not too cute.

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 03:41:13 pm »
your new kiddo is STUNNING! 

CONGRATS! 

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 06:43:17 pm »
SMALL WORLD!~  Gaylord is 4 hours from me, I actually worked there in a small hospital for a few months ( I was ina nursing pool for about 5 years)  I floated all over MN!  Literally!  LOL!  I am actually 90 minutes from Baudette near one of the Canadian borders, biggest town 17 miles from me is Bemidji.  I live in Tenstrike, 133 people, we have 180 acre farm here.
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 09:09:33 pm »
hehe everything is relative, we have about 2 acres, one of them fenced in with privacy fence for the dogs, I though that was a good size yard, you kinda beat me BIG lol.....

I do love my new baby, he is sooo sweet, my four year old daughter is having a blast, she lives on the floor now, or the puppy in the couch, but where ever one is the other is too.

We have finally named him, his full name will be

Studley's Sir Galahad of Lakeside  -  Galahad for short

Marit

Jen

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 11:55:17 am »
Love the name! :D  Now was that the one your husband or daughter wanted?  He is soooooooo handsome.  A champ for sure!  Good luck. I know that little girl bond with a pup is such a heart warming joy!  Enjoy every minute!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 12:02:30 am »
Thank's the name Galahad was one of my suggestions, noone was real fond of it to start with, but after having gone though millions of them, that one and Bacchus were the winners. We like to use names from the mythology when we name our dogs. Hubby liked Galahad, daughter Bacchus (someone is a little sour  now lol..)

But I liked to make a little twist of it. Galahad from the mythology, and the Sir part well in the litterature there is a Sir Galahad, so we covered both lol....

Unfortunately my 4 year old, shes the one on the pic with him, cant say Galahad, so he is now under the name "haddi" ohhh well, maybe he will get that stoic name when we have trained our daughter a  little lol....

Marit

Rufiesmom

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 02:47:32 am »
Congrats on that new baby!  He looks like a kiss magnet!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 08:47:39 am »
Congrats on that new baby!  He looks like a kiss magnet!

Ohhhh yeah, loves to kiss us as much as we love to kiss him. But we did have a smaller bobo the other day, we have a cat, her litterbox is in the laundry room, the door into there, is usually open just a tad for her to get in, and we have a litter box with a "swinging door" So thats all fine, just that that day I had took the box out and cleaned it with vinager and the whole nine yards, then for some very very odd reason I didnt hook on the swing door. Sooooo hehehe hubby was on the couch having a sweet snuggle, hug and kiss moment with Galahad, and said hmmmm his breath doesnt smell puppy anymore (you all know what's coming now lol...) My baby had been sticking his head in the litter box opening and yep..... had done the unmentionable, and here he was giving slobber kisses all over hubbys face, yuk..... Nedles to say, hubby did not get any kisses from me that day, puppy though, had a toothbrush and then he was fine.

Marit

Offline loveamastiff

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 11:47:16 am »
Congrats!!!!  We got our Mastiff from lakeside Mastiffs and we love him beyond words.  His name is Cnan and has brought us so much hapiness.  He will be 8 in Dec.  There is nothing like loving a MAstiff and a Mastiff loving you!! NOTHING!!
Warm wishes, Monique

Offline loveamastiff

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2005, 11:49:16 am »
I made a boo boo, our doggies name is CONAN>>>

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2005, 11:52:01 am »
Monique, How nice to have a relative here  :D Do you have any pics of your baby, since he is 8 years old now, of course they dont have the same parents, but it would be fun to know if they have the same lines. What is his mommy and daddys names. Bring on the pics too lol....

Marit