Author Topic: take your Puppy to work days?  (Read 7064 times)

lins_saving_grace

take your Puppy to work days?
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:39:17 am »
Does anyone get to take their Rott to work? 
I vote we have these.
I'd love to on a regular basis. 
My husband took Lady to work on a Saturday once and we take her in for visits a lot.  She terrorizes all the customer service people and jumps on his boss and the CEO.  It's quite amusing.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: take your Puppy to work days?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 11:43:04 am »
I am fortunate enough to stay athome with two and four legged children, but where I worked before, nooooo it would not have been possible, way too strict and "boring" not the co-workers, but the company.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 11:47:08 am »
I watch that Animal Planet show on weekends (LOVE IT) and see the K-9 to 5 show...and there are dogs in a lot of work places.  And sometimes the other animal planet shows have dogs at work kinda themes. 
I used to take Missy, my Terrier who just passed away in Feb. to work with me on weekends.  I'd love to bring the new puppies to work though.  That would be so fun...if they'd just sit still. 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 11:51:50 am »
 :D Ohhh I love that show too, I am a sucker for Animal Planet, I guess I influenced my youngest daughter too, because she much rather watch Animal Planet than cartoons lol.... But it would be a great thing to be able to bring you dog to work, mind you where I used to work a lot of people brought their lunch, and I can just see them all walking around sarching for their lunches, while my dog is huffing and puffing in a corner lol...

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 11:57:26 am »
I wouldn't argue with that face.  :)  Yeah...mine would dig into people's bags too.  Grace loves purses.  Lady likes the whoohooo spot. 
But everyone here would just feed them.  People love to feed the dogs.

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 04:40:54 pm »
Hi Everyone.  I used to work as a professional groomer, before that kennel help so I have always been in a position to take my dogs to work with me and it was wonderful!!!!!!!!  But I don't think it would have worked out in an office or anything altho I do see pics of certain animal supply companies where they have dogs--Cherrybrook I know for a fact allows their workers to bring their dogs to work.  Can't you imagine a dog in the back "helping" to fill orders?   :D  You guys have beautiful puppies by the way?  Hoiw old is the Mastiff baby?  I just recently got cable and I am an Animal Planet addict after only one month!!!!  Minta

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 05:10:39 pm »
I would LOVE to bring Bear to work everyday. I'm a teacher and my school doesn't have a problem with me bringing him to school occasionally. The kids love him and he loves to be with me and them. He also comes in handy when the 5th grade is doing the Lewis & Clark Expedition.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 01:30:33 pm »
Not to mention he could round them up and heard them if they got loose.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 01:34:41 pm »
I can imagine anything after watching some of the stuff on Animal Planet.  There are dogs who work in Hotels as Bell Hops others that run gas stations.  It's really cool to think that a dog can learn to do all that...and like it. 

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 02:37:56 pm »
I work in cubicle city myself so its a fat chance of ever having a dog run around here. Sure would be cool though! We had a corporate kitty for a while, but he wasn't allowed inside - he just hung out on the patio with anyone on break.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 09:16:18 am »
The guy who I replaced when I took over this job, brought his female Pit Bull to work everyday.  She was really sweet but had serious seperation anxiety and would yip and yap every time he would leave her in his office.  I asked if I could bring Drake and they said NO!  I guess they let the first guy bring his dog because he had been here for so long and had always brought her.  So it was fine for a yappy Pit Bull to be in the office, but not a quiet, mellow Newf?  OOOkay........ ......
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

GR8DAME

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 09:52:35 am »
I had to work alone (not even a security guard or cleaning person there) in my three story office building on a Saturday night once, so I brought my great dane for company. Imagine the surprise of one of my lawyer bosses when he strolled in with his current babe of the week for a quickie on his couch, and Merlin said hello with typical dane exuberance and volume. Kinda killed the romance, I think. Course they haven't asked me for any more overtime weekends either.... I guess there is a silver lining.
Stella

Jen

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 11:24:51 am »
I worked in a home office of my boss at my bosses house they all had dogs then their sister got divorced and moved in also joining our work force coincidently she had dog too.  Well as luck would have it the Pyr breeder we had want was going to have puppies!!  So Thunder came to work with me EVERYDAY!  And had a great ime with  all the other dogs! Well the boss had this really snippy poodle that loved Thunder AS A PUPPY but as Thunder grew and grew and grew the poodle got more and more snippy!! The alpha role was being threatened!! The poodle one day attacked Thunder and jumped up and bit him right in the eye!!!  Thunder didn't know what to do ...so he swated him off sending the poodle for the ride of his life!  I rushed Thunder to the vet and collected unemployment for the next 3 months!! ::)

Jen

Rufiesmom

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 12:00:25 pm »
My husband Mike works at a community college and has taken both of our dogs to work.  Bailey, our rottie had a great time and socialized with everyone.  Rufus on the other hand did not like it.  He got out of the vehicle and people were waiting there to see him.  He walked around to the back of the car and sat with his back to everyone.  He is not a social butterfly!  Enjoys the couch potato scene a lot more!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 12:38:30 pm »
So Thunder rocovered???  Poodles are such snippy little hairballs.  My ex monster in law had one...and the only thing Teddy was good for was soiling what little carpet he didn't rip off the floor.  Seems they love to pick on dogs way bigger than they are.  And they learn the hard way not to do that again.