Author Topic: The Inside Jokes of BPO  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
The Inside Jokes of BPO
« on: October 07, 2005, 06:48:43 am »
I was reading the Jammie thread about Marsi wanting to say she was gonna eat the doggies brains and that people might not understand her.  With new people coming all the time they're going to be easily confused.  So I was thinking that it would be a good idea to post all the stuff that makes people say HUH?  Things like Farley and Dolphins, Pippin in Drag, and of course MOJOS.  When something else becomes a BPO Greatest Hit we'd post it here. 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: The Inside Jokes of BPO
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 06:50:26 am »
I'll start.  The AFRICA CAM.  The link can be found here.

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html

The link shows a live feed of a watering hole in Africa and we're all obsessed with it. 

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 06:51:47 am »
Someone could EXPLAIN the other ones.  I don't know the Mojo story verbatim.  And Pippins mummy has to explain why she ruined him for life :P 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 06:58:38 am »
I'm not positive on the Mojo.  But I think Marit started that.  It's just a general name for teeny tiny dogs.

I'll let Farley's momma explain his love of Dolphins.

You gave me my nickname but you're basically the only one that uses it.  And I'm not exactly sure it can be stated on the post.  I know it's not a curse but I'm not sure if it's suitable for younger eyes.

Tina
Heh heh heh, I know what your nickname is, Tina! 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 07:02:13 am »
Have Jamie's kids gotten bored with us yet?  Can we be bad again?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 07:06:04 am »
What I remember of the Mojo is that I guess it was Marit (I miss Marit! :'( ) saw a sign for a lost dog.  It was a Chihuahua named Mojo and the sign said something like "BEWARE HE BITES"  It SO personified the horrid aggressive untrained yap dogs we've come across that all yap dogs became Mojo. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 07:08:39 am by Anky »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 07:30:56 am »
I nominate Nikker to be BPO historian!!! ;D ;D

YEA!!!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 07:31:43 am »
Someone could EXPLAIN the other ones.  I don't know the Mojo story verbatim.  And Pippins mummy has to explain why she ruined him for life :P 
I ruined his life for simple & selfish reasons...The dress fit him & it was cute!!!....If I had a dress that fit Samson I'd ruin his life too!!...lol!...Pippin in pink for those who have missed why my puppy will need psycho therapy someday.

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 10:43:35 am »
I will be back to post after the weekend on this one. I have to find the pic again and I am going away. Talk to you soon ;) :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 12:37:08 pm »
Awesome idea Ang!!!  I will start with eating brains for those who have not read the jammie's thread:

My husband and I do this crazy thing with our pets.  We pretend we're zombies.  Then we find whatever animal is the target of our zombie hunger, start saying, "I'm soooo hungry.  Must eat BRAINS!!!" and fit whatever part of the pet's head we can into our mouth. 

It sounds absolutely awful, but when Keagan or Kizmet hear the word "brains" they start wagging their tails.  Its become like this thing now, "Oh that dogs is so cute!!!  I'd love to eat its brains!!!"
Jenn, that is so fabulously warped!!! ;D I wish you lived closer so you guys could come over for puppy play dates & card night! ;D :)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 02:35:05 pm »
Why do I get the feeling that Nickers has that effect on all dogs?
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 02:21:49 am »
Awesome idea Ang!!!  I will start with eating brains for those who have not read the jammie's thread:

My husband and I do this crazy thing with our pets.  We pretend we're zombies.  Then we find whatever animal is the target of our zombie hunger, start saying, "I'm soooo hungry.  Must eat BRAINS!!!" and fit whatever part of the pet's head we can into our mouth. 

It sounds absolutely awful, but when Keagan or Kizmet hear the word "brains" they start wagging their tails.  Its become like this thing now, "Oh that dogs is so cute!!!  I'd love to eat its brains!!!"

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!  I have a similarly insane game I play with the dogs (sometimes the cats too, although they just don't enjoy it like the dogs do).  I know it's mean, but sometimes the dogs are so cute when they're sleeping that I'll suddenly yell "UHOH, UHOH, I'm going to have to bother you!  I'm going to eat your noses cuz you're so cute!"  The dogs go nuts (tail wagging, barking) and I chase them around the house and play bite their noses!  My husband thinks I'm a lunatic but he joins in once in a while!  I know, it's probably going to warp them for life, but it's fun!
Do we have too much time on our hands or do we just really love our dogs?  I can't believe I'm posting this.  I truly hope that none of my friends suddenly become big dog afficienados and start visiting this site-they already think I'm crazy as it is!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Anakalia

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 02:41:55 am »
You are all so funny! ;D  I was kinda wondering about the Mojo thing and how you go about determining if something was a mojo or not!! I have now realized I own one! 

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 04:19:52 am »

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!  I have a similarly insane game I play with the dogs (sometimes the cats too, although they just don't enjoy it like the dogs do).  I know it's mean, but sometimes the dogs are so cute when they're sleeping that I'll suddenly yell "UHOH, UHOH, I'm going to have to bother you!  I'm going to eat your noses cuz you're so cute!"  The dogs go nuts (tail wagging, barking) and I chase them around the house and play bite their noses!  My husband thinks I'm a lunatic but he joins in once in a while!  I know, it's probably going to warp them for life, but it's fun!
Do we have too much time on our hands or do we just really love our dogs?  I can't believe I'm posting this.  I truly hope that none of my friends suddenly become big dog afficienados and start visiting this site-they already think I'm crazy as it is!
I play the get your tail game with Samson...I walk up to him in a menecing manner & tell him..."I might want that" while reaching for his tail...The I say "I'm gonna get that...I'm gonna get that tail"!!!...Sam goes nuts barking & leaping around...lol!

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 04:50:25 am »
Tulsa DID meet Nickers! But she didn't hang out around her too much, so she is unscathed, and still 'normal'. ;D
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman