Author Topic: Do your Pyrs howl?  (Read 5960 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Do your Pyrs howl?
« on: September 02, 2005, 12:00:33 pm »
Whenever a train goes by & blows it's whistle Samson tilts nose to the sky & howls like a danged hound or something...I imagine the train whistle hurts his ears...Do any of your Pyr's do this?

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Do your Pyrs howl?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 12:04:16 pm »
Dilbert did as a pup, it was sooo cute, when he was outside and wanted in he would howl. Now he does it softly but it is not as often.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 08:19:37 pm »
That's one of the things I miss about my old dog, Buddy Boy, he and all the neighbor dogs howled at fire engines and cops. At one time, we had 7 dog in three houses in a row all howling, it was a hoot.

My pyrs don't howl. It's bitter sweet. I miss him, but if I hadn't lost Buddy Boy, I'd have never found Earl, Kendra, and all you guys!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 09:04:43 pm »
That's one of the things I miss about my old dog, Buddy Boy, he and all the neighbor dogs howled at fire engines and cops. At one time, we had 7 dog in three houses in a row all howling, it was a hoot.

My pyrs don't howl. It's bitter sweet. I miss him, but if I hadn't lost Buddy Boy, I'd have never found Earl, Kendra, and all you guys!
Aaaawwwwwwwwww! :) You will come across another Pyr that howls in your rescue efforts someday...Keep him! ;D

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 08:59:15 pm »
My Pyrs are raised with Petit bassets and they howl - every am at 5:30  GEEZ!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 11:21:41 pm »
On Dixie's first day home I put her in a little playpen  (3'x4'X30"tall) so that Sugar Bear could take a nap. I went into the kitchen, and within 2 seconds she had her head back and was howling like crazy.  Then after about 60 seconds of that she jumped out of the playpen.  I was able to put Sugar Bear in the playpen for 3 months, it lasted for Dixie for all of 60 seconds. Dixie has even been known to pull the door open when she want to go out.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 03:34:57 pm »
Tulsa loves Cops and Firemen. We live across the street from their Headquarters. When they roll, Tulsa is digging at the door wanting to join the fun, when they come to our door, telling us to keep it down, Tulsa is all over them, giving loves,(saved my butt on more than one occasion)
My dog is a bit Goofy.
But then, maybe so am I!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 02:09:18 am »
Kiah doesn't howl at all. She only barks to be let in the house or if she's can't be in the same room with me.