Author Topic: I am sorry if I offended someone  (Read 23034 times)

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Looove those BIG furballs
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
I am sorry if I offended someone
« on: October 10, 2005, 04:02:31 am »
I was notified that many complaints were filed against me protesting the way I respond to the posts.   ???  I have no idea what could trigger this reaction, but I am very sorry for the result.

If someone, please, point the details out to me - I sure will appreciate it. It sure looks like today is a bad day for complaints - maybe just a fluke?  ??? ??? ???

henrysmomma

Re: I am sorry if I offended someone
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:05:42 am »
I don't see how you could have offended anyone... ??? You are quite new and to my knowledge have never posted anything offensive...

Geeez...I am so friggin confused right now. >:(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 04:08:09 am »
What!!! You too!!! Now THIS is annoying.  Who is complaining so much?  If they don't like certain members, THEY can either ignore their posts or leave.  You just joined Yelena Levitina.

BTW, if somebody complains about this post, don't kick my mother (Good Hope) off the board; I can stop posting.

Sofia

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:09:57 am »
Red, Pleaseeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee ee don't leave, we need you.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 04:11:23 am »

Well I want to know how many of us are offending how many people because I got the same message.

What is going on here????
Interesting...It seems that the people who know what they are talking about & are straight to the point are being targeted...I am sorry...I must say that I am getting irritated by this whole matter.

henrysmomma

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 04:11:39 am »
Great, now I'm angry... >:(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 04:14:26 am »
Yelena, how in the world could you have offended someone?  You just got here.   ???  ???

And for everyone else, what is this a conspiracy?  Sure, some of the posters have been quite frank, and if I had been the original poster, I may have been somewhat offended, but I certainly wouldn't have complained about them.  To each his own, I always say.

Good Lord, this is getting out of control.  Is someone offended by people being knowledgable?  Because those seem to be the only kind people getting censored.  What is going on??   ???

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 04:14:30 am »

Well I want to know how many of us are offending how many people because I got the same message.

You know the reason I really like BPO is because there is good advise to be had here by people who try to make a difference in the dog world...I wouldn't be happy if this became another sugar coat everything you say no matter how serious the matter site.

BabsT

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 04:14:46 am »
Well Red...you are prob the most knowledgeable dog person on here that is great at articulating how to do something....

I am trying to delete my posts and profiles etc...and all this is still going on...how many people have gotten that email

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 04:16:50 am »
Well Red...you are prob the most knowledgeable dog person on here that is great at articulating how to do something....

I am trying to delete my posts and profiles etc...and all this is still going on...how many people have gotten that email
Babs, I wish you wouldn't leave...I am sure somehow we can get this matter resolved to everyones comfort.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 04:18:11 am »
You know the reason I really like BPO is because there is good advise to be had here by people who try to make a difference in the dog world...I wouldn't be happy if this became another sugar coat everything you say no matter how serious the matter site.

I know what you mean.  There is another group I am a member of and b/c of people complaining about what some were posting, I now open many posts w/I hope this doens't offend anyone........ ..

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 04:19:03 am »

Interesting...It seems that the people who know what they are talking about & are straight to the point are being targeted...I am sorry...I must say that I am getting irritated by this whole matter.
Looks like you hit the nail on a head. Sad, I think even on a general "nice, warm a comfortable" message board like that one pet dog owners can make use and benefit information from people who researching sertain breeds, working, showing, breeding the dogs.

I hope it is not the case of jealocy or competing for attention - sort of "someone is writing interesting information about the breed and no one is paying attention to my cute dog for the moment - lets complain about them and get them off this board".

henrysmomma

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 04:24:29 am »
Are these complaints arriving as PMs? Or going to our emails?? I have not received one. ???

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 04:27:16 am »
Yelena, I just went through ALL your posts and could'nt find anything that would even remotely resemble offensive.
What is going on here?
It does seem like the breeders, and the more knowledgable members are being targeted.
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 04:27:32 am »
Are these complaints arriving as PMs? Or going to our emails?? I have not received one. ???
I got a private message from Bear on this board and sat in my chair stunned for a while.