Author Topic: I am sorry if I offended someone  (Read 23163 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: I am sorry if I offended someone
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 04:35:44 am »
I've run into this issue a few times and had to clarify myself, BIG TIME!!!  Look people, blogs and chat groups are a great thing that we all enjoy, but it is hard sometimes for people to understand your intent.  Feathers get ruffled, noses get bent out of shape and then Michael and Jaime have to hear about it.  This is how it always goes, I think a few of you out there don't know any other way to post but in a seemingly condescending manner.  You're probably not even aware of it.  But all of you are for the most part are very cool and fun! ;D  Look at it from Michael's point of view, this is a business for him and he has to run it likewise.  He has to deal with these issues and he wants to be able continue to offer a website where people can come to without reservations.  BPO could be blackballed very easily by one person posting online complaints within the Pet Related Web Community.  I have seen this happen.  Everybody needs to chill, this isn't personal.  Nobody should leave, and more people should join.  I come to this site on a daily basis and I'd rather write about doggie issues and funny off topic stuff, rather than about people who are acting like children, on BOTH sides of the argument.  Bottom line, this is Michael's show so please remember and respect that.  HUG YOUR DOGS AND THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 05:34:43 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 06:14:37 am »
I think a few of you out there don't know any other way to post but in a seemingly condescending manner.  You're probably not even aware of it.
#####################
well hopefully those of us who post that way, and it seems to be all breeders, will be able to tip toe thru the tulips now.
what you consider condescending may actually be facts and straight up words, without speaking in person how do you really know?
i have yet to see that here, i see knowlege from many.
well i guess the few visits i made were fun while it lasted.
:)
education is key, and i have a feeling it could be millers maybe doing the complaining, becouse people buy pups at six seven weeks are their kind of people, but we end up cleaning the mess all the time, while they run with each and every other person who does not know any better.
i think it may be someone who doesnt want to see people educated that buying from someone who truly cares and is a part of that families life to guide and coach them thru it.
diet and training is a huge responsibility that many serious breeders want to be the coach, as they know their lines better than anyone out there.
ok i am babbling again, *sigh*
Disclaimer
not meant to offend anyone out there.

Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

BabsT

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 06:38:17 am »
Yelena made a comment to me....a person that owns one of her pups...I was not offended nor would i be...I trust Yelana with my breed of dogs and I value her opinion

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2005, 07:38:44 am »
You know the reason I really like BPO is because there is good advise to be had here by people who try to make a difference in the dog world...I wouldn't be happy if this became another sugar coat everything you say no matter how serious the matter site.

Aww, I don't want anyone to leave  :-\ Ima gonna be gettin a pup soon and need everyone's advice!!!! Red, Babs, Sar, Yelena and everyone else... please don't leave

I don't get it... people post for reasons... so they can get peoples oppinions on things. And they should know that not everyone has the same oppinion.

Some people may have been off {now I'm not saying that you were, since I don't really know the circumstances}, but everyones HUMAN!!! None is perfect!

I hope that everything pans out  :-\
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 07:42:34 am »
Newf Lover, I totally agree
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 07:43:02 am by MustLove Dogs »
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 07:48:07 am »
Hi Everyone,
I am fairly new here, but I have to say that everyone has been really nice and the advice I've received has been great.  I do see that some people may be taken aback by some of the very frank advice given,  but there is no reason for any complaints!  It is obvious that the knowledgable people here have only the best interest of the animals in mind.  I hope no one will leave over this.  See, this is why I like animals so much better than people-no hurt feelings or pride, no complaining!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

henrysmomma

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 07:50:16 am »
i agree with you 100% binky...

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 08:10:04 am »
You Know What? - this is all just crazy!!! 

Can not anyone discuss things like adults?  People who are complaining - whoever it may be.  You all need to step up and talk to your so called offenders personally.  I mean please - how offending can it really be?  I am angry and upset!  And it takes me alot to get here.  I am also upset about the censorship.  The other thread has now disappeared! I really don't blame Red for leaving.  It is not really a bad idea.  There is to much childish backbiting going on.  And it is really too bad.  I want to just say to everyone who received a message to alter how they post because they are offensive - I am sorry!!!  I am sorry that people can not come to you and discuss their problems and feelings - I really am sorry and I don't blame you for leaving.
Timmie

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 08:19:58 am »
What??!!  Red left?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  There is so much left for me to learn.   :-[  :-[  :-[

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 08:24:52 am »
i don't know if any of them left...but I don't blame them.  And it is a huge loss to this board if they go.  They are an impportant part of the board.  And a great resource. 
Timmie

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 08:27:55 am »
True dat.

sorry, couldn't resist.   ;D

chaosndestruction

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 12:18:27 pm »
The whole reason I joined this board is because of the way everyone talks...and how we all get along. Yes at first I was a little taken back when I read some of Reds posts...but I saw that she was giving some great advice and yes she is frank and to the point. But the point is she's really helpful! How can you take offense to someone offering someone else such great advice?

I love the fact that no one seemed to think that they were better than one another and that this place gives you great advice and great laughs all at once without the sugar coated-ness.

I really hope no one leaves or has to leave because of this.

I know i've only been a member for a few days but it really upsets me that people are having problems with some of my favorite posters.

henrysmomma

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 12:23:53 pm »
Yes, it's upsetting that it had to come to people being removed...I wish i knew which people were removed though...

Rose

:(

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 12:25:08 pm »
The whole reason I joined this board is because of the way everyone talks...and how we all get along. Yes at first I was a little taken back when I read some of Reds posts...but I saw that she was giving some great advice and yes she is frank and to the point. But the point is she's really helpful! 
Red has been "dismissed"...Not only did she have awesome advise to give, she went the extra mile for some people that really needed guidance...I too was uncertain about Red's style Of "speaking" when I first knew her but I came to admire & like her very much as time went on...I, for one, will miss her very much.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005, 01:25:59 pm »
 :-[  I don't know exactly what happened today, and from the sounds of it I don't want to know.  I, for one, am just disappointed that it escalated to the point of people being dismissed.  I have the utmost respect for Red and her frank, no nonsense style of direction.  When it comes to questions of how to handle questionable behavior with a dog that will soon outweigh me by at least 50 lbs, I did not need to have the answer sugar coated as to what I was doing wrong and I am sorry that someone took offense to her style.
I hope that everything goes back to normal here as I love BPO and look forward to hearing everyones dog stories...well, everyones stories in general.  I truly appreciate everyone here and the advice as well as the laughter I get as a result of this forum....I just want it to continue on!
I am kind of a big deal!