Author Topic: I am sorry if I offended someone  (Read 23031 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry if I offended someone
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2005, 02:10:21 am »
yep - she will be missed.  It is a big loss to us.  And I liked her exactly as she was - wouldn't be right is she sugar coated everything.  I like the direct no nonsense approach.  I don't think she or anyone else should be expected to change because a few people can't take the direct approach.  She did not verbally abuse anyone she just laid it on the line.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2005, 04:23:31 am »
I hate to see Red being kicked off. All the advice she has given me WORKED. She gave advice and people can either take it or leave it. Yes she was very blunt, but that's just the way some people are. I saw people ask her specifically for help. BPO just isn't the same after yesterday. It's like everyone is tip toeing around. It sucks!

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2005, 04:29:50 am »
you know what? (in reply to nikerboker) edited to add parenthesis
i find your posts disturbing, i also find it pretty easy to ignore those that might irritate me, it does take a lot to do that to me, but, hey, you are a different personality than i, and i wont pm the moniters complaining that i am offended by you, i see someone running off at the mouth quite a bit about red, do you not like her?
well that is cool
you dont have to like everyone, but to say we are jumping on the red bandwagon?
really?
i have my own brain, my own witts, and my own judgements, to me, red was a very knowlegable person, to me, i see others who dont like her for whatever the reason, we all are not going to like everyone, all the time.
that is cool
but to say we are jumping on a red bandwagon, i could very well say you and the anti red people are on an anti red wagon, is it jealousy? becouse someone is extremly knowlegable? is it becouse you just dont like her? whatever it is water under the bridge now.
we could go round and round on this subject, becouse it seems that is what is happening in this thread.
For one, i respect Red, and actually visited her website, emailed her to see how she was doing.
hopefully i hear back from her.
have a nice afternoon.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 04:31:02 am by sarnewfie »
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Nicole

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2005, 04:37:09 am »
Nikki,
 I just want to respectfully say that since this whole thing has blown up, EVERY SINGLE ONE of your posts has been condescending and preachy toward those members that take issue with the removal of Red. You have made long posts about what we SHOULD have said, how we SHOULD feel, what we SHOULD think and what we SHOULD say. To me, that is way out of line. You're lecturing us all as if we're children just because we're mourning the loss of Red. Exactly like saying, "Well, yes your cat died. Don't be sad, you should have known it was going to die." Or something...ma ybe that's a bad example.
 You are exemplifying everything that you are attempting to demonstrate about how a proper BPO member shouldn't be.
 Its not even that I don't agree with some of the stuff you're saying. But, man, Nik. Back off. People can express their dissatisfactio n with the removal of Red, and shouldn't be subject to your lecturing about it. You've lectured to members about it in two (that I know of) different threads. We all know that you think that how we feel is "sick", "sad" and "messed up". But, you are being the "drill sargent" in this case...shoving down our throats why we should all accept the removal of Red.

I'm not trying to be offensive here, Niki, just pointing out something I've observed today and yesterday. You've made your points, now stop attacking people for saying that they're sad Red is gone.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2005, 05:00:28 am »
Nicole - I completely agree with what you have said.  And thank you for saying it.  I for one will miss Red and not once have I ever complained about her or anyone else for that matter. 
Nikki - you are completely within your right to feel however you like but so are other people.  I found your outburst from yesterday completely uncalled for at least in a public forum.  If there were issues that you had with Red, Babs or whoever else it should have not been dealt with on the board.  Take it private like a grown up.  It was completely inflammatory and unfair.  I find it funny that you knew that there were other things going on with complaints against Red.  How would you have known that?  Unless you had personal knowledge.  I just find it interesting that the outburst from yesterday resulted in a thread disappearing and Red getting dismissed.  Although it was not Red or Babs doing the name calling.  I think this upsets me the most.  It is too bad that the rest of us do not have the facts so that we may make sense of this and put some closure on it
Timmie

Nicole

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2005, 05:11:18 am »
I just removed my last post because I don't want to be involved with the drama, and I don't want to fight with Nikki. I don't dig on the way she's acting right now, but I still like her, and respect her and this board and I've already said what I had to.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2005, 05:22:45 am »
I am done hashing and re-hasing.  There is way to much drama attached to this.  I am done

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2005, 05:27:04 am »
Thank you Tina   :)
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2005, 05:29:27 am »
This is perfect example of the differences betwenn dog "owners" and dog "breeders".  Since owning a purebred, I have noticed a huge amount of snobbyness that comes from many breeders.  It's the same kind of snobbyness you get from Wine Connesseurs (sp), Food Critics and Car Buffs.  It's just sort of a know-it-all attitude that really bugs after a while.  Now, I'm not saying all of you breeders are like that, but many of you are.  Why do you think the movie "Best of Show" was so funny?  Because it made fun of the fact that many dog breeders and showers are a bit wacky and live in their own worlds.  Once again, I KNOW YOU'RE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!!!  What  I do know is that at the Newfoundland Specialty in Monterey this year, it was a experience in human psychology.  And I safely say that kind of weirdness and snottyness is not isolated to the Newf world.

The thing about Red was, where were her stories of rolling around with her doggies or having fun with them?  Where were her fun pictures of experiences she had with them?  I don't recall seeing any, but I don't read every single post on this site.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never saw that nuturing side.  I just saw an orator telling us what to do.  If people asked questions, so be it.  What I like seeing on this site is the fun stuff, the happy stories and the FYIs.  The fun pictures and the goofy topics.  I guess I'm just a dog "owner" and I don't understand the fine nuances of being a breeder.  I'm done with this topic, it's getting boring.  All I know is that Michael works really hard on this site to keep it cutting edge, look at all the recent improvements.  It's not easy and takes knowledge and long hours, so HIS rules are to be followed.  You don't like it, take a hike.  Let's get along and move on.  Mmkay?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 05:34:30 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

mcenter

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2005, 05:59:57 am »
You know I initially decided to stay out of this, but after going back and reading Red's many posts, I just have to say that I feel very sad that she is gone. I read the last 30 or so of her posts to try and see if there was anything inappropriate or offensive, and I didnt find it. Now of course, that is my opinion, but it was very evident from her posts how much she cares about dogs and about truly helping in each and every situation. The time and thought she put into each response is evident. I am not a breeder and I personally found her advice phenomenal. This was not a person who was here to "toot her own horn" about her own skill with dogs. There were also many posts where she just gave her sympathy about something sad, or appreciation for adorable dog pictures. Wow...how fortunate we were to have her input!!! And how unfortunate that she is gone.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2005, 06:16:37 am »
Dito, I guess some did not read that she sent a PM with her phone number when someone need help in their first litter.  She did not judge she just offered to be there if she was needed in the middle of the night. 

Lisa

You know I initially decided to stay out of this, but after going back and reading Red's many posts, I just have to say that I feel very sad that she is gone. I read the last 30 or so of her posts to try and see if there was anything inappropriate or offensive, and I didnt find it. Now of course, that is my opinion, but it was very evident from her posts how much she cares about dogs and about truly helping in each and every situation. The time and thought she put into each response is evident. I am not a breeder and I personally found her advice phenomenal. This was not a person who was here to "toot her own horn" about her own skill with dogs. There were also many posts where she just gave her sympathy about something sad, or appreciation for adorable dog pictures. Wow...how fortunate we were to have her input!!! And how unfortunate that she is gone.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2005, 09:00:45 am »
Out of all the post Ive ever read on this site this one makes me the saddest. I hate to see this. Sure everyone has their own oppinion , I teach my kids to walk away if they dont like something thats being said.... 
 I have no idea who this Red lady is Ive been away and am glad I missed all this.Im sorry to see anyone leave.  I came back to see how my FRIENDS are doing and see this. Common guys!!! Lets just forget this and move on.

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
PS Judge now has little peaNUTS. LOL This site is about our BIG DOGS , NO????
KISSES
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2005, 09:05:55 am »
Out of all the post Ive ever read on this site this one makes me the saddest. I hate to see this. Sure everyone has their own oppinion , I teach my kids to walk away if they dont like something thats being said.... 
 I have no idea who this Red lady is Ive been away and am glad I missed all this.Im sorry to see anyone leave.  I came back to see how my FRIENDS are doing and see this. Common guys!!! Lets just forget this and move on.

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
PS Judge now has little peaNUTS. LOL This site is about our BIG DOGS , NO????
KISSES
Coonie
LOL about Judge's peaNUTS...!!!...I bet he is much more comfy! ;D I agree with you about moving on...I hate it that Red is gone but nonetheless she is gone...Some feel the opposite & that is o.k. too....We are all entitled to our feelings of what is o.k. with us & what is not but none of that will change what happened...Wha t is simply is like it or not.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2005, 09:18:00 am »
I'm SOOO glad to here that Judge is all healed up!  Those pics you posted of his eggplants were AWFUL!!!  Peanuts are FAR healthier!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2005, 10:29:22 am »
I am so glad that Judge is ok. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month