Author Topic: Please Help(if you can)  (Read 6147 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Please Help(if you can)
« on: October 10, 2005, 09:39:58 am »
My family is having some finacial problems and we can't keep most in not all of our pets. (I know I told you Tonyc that I could dog-sit but I don't think I can now, I thought I had more time, I just found this stuff out tonight)
Some very bad things are happening right now and I'd rather not talk about it but I would like to know if anyone would be willing to foster or even keep one of our furbabies?
The ones that are going are Sunny, Yellow Fronter Amazon, Paulie, Quaker Parrot, Squishy, Peruvian Guinea Pig, Keeley and Gordo, Cockatiels(Nicole is fostering them for me, <3 Nicole), Melvin, Iguana, Sugar Cane, cat, and October, cat. and MAYBE Marty, Miniature Dashchund, Alex Miniature Poodle, and Roxie Miniature Pinscher. We live in Indiana, just PM for more info about it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 09:41:27 am by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help(if you can)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 09:44:18 am »
I hope that whatever is going on gets better for you and your family. Good luck!
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 09:44:27 am »
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I am too far away to help foster but I am sending positive thoughts your way . To you and your family.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 09:49:55 am »
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll bump this tomorrow a couple of times. Unfortunately, BPO hasn't been the happiest place this evening. Give people a couple of days to relax and I'll bet you'll have some takers.

I wish I could, but we are moving from Texas to AL next month. We'll see what happens. Chin up.

Deena

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:52:46 am »
oh I am sorry about your troubles.  I would be happy to help foster but am all the way in Vegas.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do
Timmie

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 10:12:25 am »
I'm so sorry to hear of this.  I hope things look up for you and your family soon and this will only be a temporary thing.

If this had happened after our move in the spring I would volunteer my services for several of your furkids.  The way it is, we aren't able to take any in where we are living now.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 12:08:09 pm »
o no's DG... so sorry to hear that!!! i can p'bly keep a miniature * after thnxgiving if that'd be helpful at all??

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 12:16:27 pm »
The only one I could possibly help with is your g. pig...We lost one of our piggy girls at the age of 7 & 1/2 this past spring...But I need to know, what sex is your piggy, how old, has this piggy ever lived with another piggy?...I am all full up on the other species & I don't know a thing about lizards...I am very sorry you are going though this...How terribly heart wretching for you...I am so sorry.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 03:14:42 pm »
I am sorry you are having a hard time  :(.....I am sending thoughts and prayers for a happy ending.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 07:17:34 pm »
The only one I could possibly help with is your g. pig...We lost one of our piggy girls at the age of 7 & 1/2 this past spring...But I need to know, what sex is your piggy, how old, has this piggy ever lived with another piggy?...I am all full up on the other species & I don't know a thing about lizards...I am very sorry you are going though this...How terribly heart wretching for you...I am so sorry.

Squishy is an unnuetered male. He does fine around other guinea pigs(we've foster some before) but we didn't allow him around any of the females we had. He's about 4 years old.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 08:22:49 pm »

Squishy is an unnuetered male. He does fine around other guinea pigs(we've foster some before) but we didn't allow him around any of the females we had. He's about 4 years old.
I'm sorry I can't help you then...My piggy is an unaltered female & if I get another piggy at all it will have to be as a companion to her...I really am sorry & I will certainly keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 10:15:40 pm »
I'll take the iguana if we can figure out a way to get him to Louisiana!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Anakalia

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 10:30:38 pm »
OH NO!!  Hun, I'm so sorry you're having bad times.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and pray that things get better for you quick!  I would love to take one of your birds, but my other half has informed me I can never have another animal ever again... so frustrating!  I really hope you get the help you need.  Good luck. :)

Andi

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 11:02:37 pm »
Oh, Megan my little sis! I talked to Mark last night, he's going to bring the cockatiels down on Friday, so don't forget to bring them to school!  ;D

Mark thinks its a good idea to talk to the biology teacher with the snake, and he'll go talk to her with you, if you want. She may take the iguana. Have you already spoken to Dr. Reed?

I would take your Min Pin but I don't know how equipped I am to potty-train right now. I'm awful busy these days. A man that works for Mark has a few mojos and he's home quite a bit. He's a super dog lover...he might be able to take another. And he's got a fenced yard. Do you want me to talk to him?

Don't worry about your babies, Megan. They will be well taken care of. All of them. And don't worry about your situation, it will get better! Promise!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 11:09:25 pm »
Just remember this: That which does not kill us only serves to make us stronger.

That phrase has motivated me through a lot of tough times.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain