Author Topic: Anyone dressing up there fur kids for Halloween?  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Anyone dressing up there fur kids for Halloween?
« on: October 10, 2005, 10:43:00 pm »
If so what are you dressing them up as. Are you taking them anywhere special? and or course pictures if you have them!!  ;D Trying to get idea's of what to do with my 2 fur kids. I don't have any skin kids and would like to get into the halloween spirit.  ;)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Anyone dressing up there fur kids for Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 10:44:37 pm »
Here's some inspiration: Mia as Spider-Dog!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:53:54 pm »
aww that is soo cute!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:54:59 pm »
That is sooooooo cute.  Were is everyone finding costumes in x-large or xx-large?  Dixie Darlin and Sugar Bear have two Halloween parties so I have to come up with something.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 10:59:14 pm »
I have seen some at PetsMart but I don't know if they are big enough. And some online as well, but again hard to judge on the sizes.
If I was crafty I would make costumes but, I am not that crafty.  :)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 11:01:07 pm »
Here's a great tip: check the children's costume section for outfits you can fit on your dog. Mia's spider costume was a cheap child's costume that fit her perfectly. I also have a bear costume she wore to PetSmart's costume contest last year - she got 3rd place!

Of course, for the bigger big paws you may want to shop the adult section.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 11:02:43 pm by jjfritsche »
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 11:06:32 pm »
OH my Keagan ate his costume! LOL sorry that is kinda funny  :D I can't wait to see all the picture.  ;D

And I love the bear costume, jjfritsche!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 11:07:56 pm »
LOL Jenn, I told my daughter McKenna we were going to make Ramsey the Maltese into a small little skeleton dog, and she looks at me in total seriousness and says, "Well, Mom, how are we gonna poke his eyes out and take his skin off?" LMAO!!  She's 5 so I know she was a little confused so I had to explain to her he would just be wearing a costume. lol  As for Koby I think that boy's so big I'd have to make something for him to wear and me+sewing machine=disaster!

Andi

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 11:10:32 pm »
HHHAAAAAA!!! Your little girl is delightfully morbid!! You need to take her to see The Corpse Bride!

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 11:21:11 pm »
HHHAAAAAA!!! Your little girl is delightfully morbid!! You need to take her to see The Corpse Bride!

Oh we've already seen that!! lol  She had been begging us to go see the movie before it was even released!  She loved it and for awhile she wanted to be Emily and that's when we were going to have Ramsey be Scraps, but now she's decided she want's to be a Princess AGAIN (been a princess the last 3 yrs!) ::)  She is a morbid little booger though.  ;D

Andi

Anakalia

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 11:42:17 pm »

Oh we've already seen that!! lol  She had been begging us to go see the movie before it was even released!  She loved it and for awhile she wanted to be Emily and that's when we were going to have Ramsey be Scraps, but now she's decided she want's to be a Princess AGAIN (been a princess the last 3 yrs!) ::)  She is a morbid little booger though.  ;D

Andi

Oh no, Andi.  She's already exhibiting the warning signs.  Let me tell you a story about a little girl named Jenn:

Jenn's mom dressed her up as a clown until she was three.  When Jenn was three, she decided that clows weren't really pretty, so she wanted to be a Princess.  A beautiful Princess.  Well, Jenn got her wish ... and she was a Princess EVERY FRIGGING YEAR until she was ten.  Jenn grew up to believe that she really is a Princess.  Because of this, she is demanding, stubborn, and requires a lot of attention, kisses, and presents from her husband. 

Just giving you a look at what you are in for ... LOL

Jenn, I'm already IN it! lol  She's already demanding, stubborn, and requires a lot of attention, kisses, and presents from her mommy and daddy.  So now I know my little girl will never get to be a witch, or vampiress, or a corpse or a serial killer for Halloween! :'(  I think you and her have a "connection".  She asked about you the other day," So, Mommy, tell me about your new friend, Jenn?"  Umm huh?  I didn't even tell her I have a friend named Jenn... isn't that a little spooky?

Andi

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 11:47:20 pm »
He he he she sounds like me  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 03:46:44 am »
I finally got my step mom's pix of Tenchi last year.  He went as the dentist/scuba diver who caught Nemo.  ;D  Then on his first halloween he went as a Drag Queen.  :D

I don't have pictures of his costume this year since we haven't gotten the supplies yet.  Tori is going as a fairy princess and Tenchi is going to be her gallant, noble unicorn steed.  LOL  Of course  Tori's been a fairy/supersomething/princess every year except for three(and she's had 9 halloweens including this year).  Of those two times once she was a witch and then before that Little Bear and a clown baby, since she couldn't voice her opinion then.  LOL

Last year Spencer was a challange, because he wanted to go as a Monster Truck.  :o  Not sure where he got the idea, but I was able to make a costume after much work.  lol  (even had working headlights!)  He wouldn't let me put the wheels up on the body though since that didn't look "real".   ::)  So they had these huge wheels and after a couple of houses he finally let me take them off!  lol  Silly kid.

Then is Zeo as a princess and then as a witch.  We all know which is the real her though!!!  ;)

Here's some pix of everyone in their costumes(note the first Tenchi one is edited to take me out and put Nemo in his mouth since I was actually holding it at the time)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:42:00 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 04:03:55 am »
I MUST have a fairy princess costume for Mia!!! Did you make that?? Can you make me one????

All those costumes are so awesome! You are definitely very talented. I love the monster truck!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 04:20:51 am »
lol at the finding nemo scuba diver  :D I love that movie
RIP former BPO