Author Topic: We should have a east Coast BPO get together  (Read 34472 times)

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
Re: We should have a east Coast BPO get together
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2005, 06:12:22 am »
The October dates might not be good for me either, but I'm hoping the November date can work out! I may be going to Virginia for Thanksgiving the day after that, so it might give me a good head start  :D I'll see what happens, and how my dad feels about coming to get me before continuing on to VA, etc. This is very exciting and I would love to meet everyone, and Taz can never make enough friends! ;D
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Great East Coast West you plan it We will be there!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2005, 09:39:56 am »
:-*My only  ???Jenn,will the Hotel,let us Bring our Dog's maggie is 115,10 saint very well behaved you must meet her!!and my Sweetey molly,well she is going to the vet tomarrow, i think her weight,is sixty pound's i will let you know she is so Gental, we must get to gether the photo's just would,be great! let us know,nov 20 would not good for us we have my Grandsons Chisaning,any of the other's are good,o,k,love molly,&maggie!! :-* :-*
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2005, 02:54:31 am »
It is starting to look like Nov is going to be good. Just let me know.

There are several hotels that allow dogs. I'll have to check on the group rate though. Here are a few.

Motel 6
Red Roof Inn
Travelodge

It will also depend on where the location is too. I know that Motel 6 cost from $35 to $45  and they usally chrge  around $5 to $15. I'll check on the rest.

LoveMySiberian
Where in Virginia are you going? We live in Fredericksburg and may be able to help you out. It might be crowded, we have a van but have 2 kids, and would brieng to dogs but Molly isn't that large yet. Just let me know.

So let me know about the date. We also might Think about Dec if it's not to cold.

Jenn

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2005, 03:42:06 am »
oooooh, what about a doggie christmas party with a grab bag?  That would be fun.  We could put reindeer antlers on all the dogs. lol. :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 04:16:17 am »
oooooh, what about a doggie christmas party with a grab bag?  That would be fun.  We could put reindeer antlers on all the dogs. lol. :)

Oh that sounds like fun! I wonder if a local doggy daycare would let us hold dog party? I've heard of some places that allow dog birthday parties... since it will be getting colder at the end of nov.  and into dec. 
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2005, 04:16:40 am »
That's a good Idea.

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2005, 07:37:41 am »
LoveMySiberian
Where in Virginia are you going? We live in Fredericksburg and may be able to help you out. It might be crowded, we have a van but have 2 kids, and would brieng to dogs but Molly isn't that large yet. Just let me know.

I will be in Roanoke.. is that within good distance of you? It's still not definite, but a very solid chance. I should know whether I'll be there or not by the beginning of November!

I also like the idea of the X-mas party  ;D
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2005, 02:16:10 pm »
Are you going to roanoke after or coming from there.
Jenn

Blair

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2005, 11:35:38 pm »
 :'( Dont worry about me I am just a lonely, noisey South Texan reading about everyone meeting up........LOL

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 12:50:32 am »
Blair, it's only a short plane ride, lol.  You could come along?  BTW, do we have a decisions yet?  I'm dying to meet everyone. :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2005, 04:33:25 am »
It's starting to sound like Nov 19 is the date. It everyone Ok with this let me know. It is also starting to look like PA is a good place to meet sense there are alot of yuo are from NY, PA and MD, MA. How does that sound to everyone?

I've stayed in a Microtel and it was nice but the pet charge was $35.
Jenn

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2005, 08:53:19 am »
It's starting to sound like Nov 19 is the date. It everyone Ok with this let me know. It is also starting to look like PA is a good place to meet sense there are alot of yuo are from NY, PA and MD, MA. How does that sound to everyone?

Nov 19th works well for Bogard and I as well!  We're coming from NYC (Manhattan) and PA sounds great.  We're going to a Leo show this weekend in upstate NY and staying at a Days Inn who takes BIG dogs without any additional fee.  Our group rate for the Northeastern regional Leo club was $65/night.  Much more than the Motel 6 at $35....but just thought I'd throw that out for you as well! 

Offline RottiesNY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Andy's dog site
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2005, 09:06:23 am »
I travel with my dogs and stay at Comfort Inns . They have no problems with me staying there with two Rottweilers. They charge an extra $5 per night for the dogs. It is one thing to go into a place with a dog, totally different to walk in with two large Rotts. They didn't have a problem at all.  There are Comfort Inns just about everywhere in the Northeast. Last one I stayed at was Hazelton PA just a couple of months ago.

You can also look at Petswelcome.co m for dog friendly hotels, motels, beaches, and just about anything else.  :)
So many rescues, so little time !

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2005, 09:27:22 am »
Where in PA is it gonna be??
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2005, 03:11:38 am »
send pic for us that not a good date my Grandson is being Confirmed must be there i was not there when he was born! So this is Important,Molly came the same weekend,so sorry Guy's next time,!Love molly&Maggie!!Have Fun!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!