Author Topic: CARTING PICTURES ANYONE?  (Read 7768 times)

Jen

CARTING PICTURES ANYONE?
« on: April 27, 2005, 12:21:09 pm »
I want to show my husband pictures of carting.  When I told him about carting he says I am making it up ::)  I showed him carting pictures from the internet but he said he has been to the circus too and saw an elephant jump thru a hola hoop!  I want to show him this is a fun thing big paws do as an activity with family owned dogs not rare circus perfromers.

Jen

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: CARTING PICTURES ANYONE?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:05:33 am »
I'll send you some today.  We took Drake to a carting seminar in Antioch and he had a blast.  It is kinda funny, people looked at us and our dogs and laughed.  I have heard of people freaking out and saying it's animal cruelty, but they obviously don't know a thing about working dogs.  It's what they were bred for you idiots!  I can't wait to get a cart for Drake.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline romanreign

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Roman Reign Working Dog
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 10:06:39 am »
Just a few pics. 
Roman Reign, Work Hard, Play Happy, Eat Well

Jen

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 10:46:08 am »
 :D  So awesome Thunder and Sasha would love to do it!!  How do I get  started??????

Jen

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 10:53:11 am »
This is added to my last post..  I know they would love it!  They love when My daughter plays pony with them.  They both move in hoping she will pick them, they come up to her and bow down letting her know it's all aboard!  We have only has Sasha 2 weeks and she picked up on this game righ away.  I have been stopping it lately in light of getting Sasha's vet rocords but after our vet sees her and treats what ever it is I would really like to get started training them.  Can you forward me instruction.

Jen

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 02:35:06 pm »
Jen- you have the cutest dog pictures. I just adore how your doggies love your daughter.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Jen

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 09:05:12 am »
Oh thanks so much.  I won't be surprised if she turns out to be a vet,  she is right in there with all dog matters, the feeding, obedience training, the grooming, the games,  I can't go to the vet without her she would go crazy, she copies what the vet does, she checks the ears and mouth ect.  She tells me they are ok or not or if they are happy or not.  She is with them all the time, they follow her everywhere! :D

Offline Terrasage

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Noah's Wife
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 01:08:01 pm »
The pictures of your daughter with your dogs is just SOMETHING ELSE!  I could picture those pictures up on her (vet) office wall someday :)
Under the spell of Sage the Border Collie, Terra the Afghan Hound, Christine the Evil Housecat and Smoky the African Timneh Grey Parrot and now Sweet William the Newf, born 01/10/05! Support the NCA Health Challenge by shopping at The Critter Cafe: http://www.cafepress.com/crittercafe

Jen

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 01:22:58 pm »
Oh thank you! We have another vet appointment tomorrow she is sooooo excited!!!  When ever we go she gets the techs to take her on a tour of the place and visit with all the animals in crates waiting to see the vet.  Once this cat was brought in for emergency treatment because she was attacked by two dogs and my daughter and I were in the waiting room when they brought the hurt kitty in all bloody, well they had to move our appt to later that day because of it, when we went back they had fixed the kitty up real good and Jackie got to see her all better!  After that it was all over Jackie thinks the vet is her HERO! 

Jen

The pictures of your daughter with your dogs is just SOMETHING ELSE!  I could picture those pictures up on her (vet) office wall someday :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 07:22:06 pm »
SSSSOOOOOOO cute!...My kids saw the pics though & are currently trying to ride our Samson...lol.. .He's like a bucking bronco but he's smiling!

Jen

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 12:49:56 pm »
Oh boy!  Well my daughter started by sharing her chips, then slowly gets closer unitl she is fully on then she give chips while she's on, they'll do just about anything for a treat! ;)

Offline Newfer

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 02:02:56 pm »
We recently volunteered our time at a Kaiser Teddy Bear Picnic giving cart rides to children.  It is wonderful to see their smiles while they are being pulled by a big furry dog.  Here are a couple pictures of other Newfies pulling.  If you are interested in doing draft work my suggestion is to contact your local breed club and find a draft seminar to attend.  Watching a draft test will give you a great understanding of what is involved.  The dogs love to have a job and it is great training and excercise for them (and handler!).  If you have trouble finding a club that does draft work in your area, email me and I might be able to help you find one.