Author Topic: MD: Parade of Paws Dog Walk  (Read 3370 times)

Offline gr8dnrsq

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
MD: Parade of Paws Dog Walk
« on: September 19, 2005, 07:58:46 am »
Open to all breeds

Mark your calendars now!!!!

MAGDRL 5th Annual Parade of Paws Dog Walk

Saturday, October 15, from 11 am to 4 pm

Kinder Farm Park, Millersville, MD. (25 minutes from
Baltimore; 35 minutes from DC; 50 minutes from NoVA!)

FEATURING: Rescue Organizations * Food * Doggie-item Vendors * Canine Good Citizen testing * Dog & Owner Games * Gift Basket Raffle * Goodie bags * Costume Contest* Parade of Breeds*....and An Easy Dog Walk *

Mark your calendars and plan to come alone or bring your spouse, your dogs, your kids, your friends, family, and neighbors. Get dog walk sponsors, watch the activities, buy neat doggie stuff, have fun!

We have two covered pavilions, so this date is rain or shine!

Please call 410-945-5454, visit www.magdrl.org for more information. We are looking for vendors, sponsors and participants!!

About MAGDRL

MAGDRL is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) group of state chapter leaders and volunteers who have, for more than twenty five years, rescued abused, abandoned, lost and unwanted Great Danes. Operating in a nine state region that extends from upstate New York to upstate South Carolina, MAGDRL spays or neuters each dog and provides the medical treatment necessary to return the Danes to good health. We also provide training and socialization to ensure their adaptability to new homes. Our goal is to place rescued Danes with people who will provide them with secure, loving and healthy homes. For more information please visit our website at www.magdrl.org.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: MD: Parade of Paws Dog Walk
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 11:06:18 pm »
It doesn't say how far the walk is. I can't walk long distances from an army injury. But if it's not far I can load the kids up and come.
Jenn

Offline Ethel

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Momentum Coaching
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:11:55 am »
I'm new here and can't tell if this was answered or not. The walk is very short, and it's not even required that you DO walk. Just load up the kids and the dogs and come on out and enjoy the day.

We'll see you there!

Joan
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." --Jack London
===================
Joan Schramm
Momentum Coaching
Executive, Career, Personal Coach
http://www.achieve-momentum.com
coach@achieve-momentum.com
http://blog.achieve-momentum.com/

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 02:14:10 am »
I hope the weather is better this weekend then it is now. Will they reschedule or is this a rain or shine event?
Jenn

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 02:57:52 am »
Now I don't think I'll Be able to make it My grandma is coming up from Florda (spelling) for a week. So I really want to spend time with her. She is the only grandparent I have left. I really wanted to come to.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 03:36:38 am »
Its supposed to clear up here tomorrow and reach 75 degrees.  Its going to be beautiful.   I would love to come to this but my husband wants to go the the Oktoberfest at the Maryland State Fairgrounds...  We may have to come up with a compromise..  so we'll see... The Baltimore Humane Society is doing their Paws on Parade this weekend also.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog