Author Topic: A wonderful 107 years  (Read 3481 times)

Kiahpyr

A wonderful 107 years
« on: October 12, 2005, 03:02:16 am »
My husband's grandma died tuesday at 107 years old. She was still living in her house and passed away asleep in her own bed. She was never in the hospital or in a nursing home. She caught a cold and it finally got the best of her. During the past 3 years her hearing and sight went, but she still had lots of spirit. She ate bacon and eggs almost every day for breakfast. I did not know grandma very well, but I get along with my father in law and am sadden by his loss. My husband is checking to see how much time he has off, so we can go visit him. My daughter loves her grandpa and I know she'll make him feel better. The funeral is set for saturday.

Anakalia

Re: A wonderful 107 years
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 03:09:37 am »
Wow!!  107yrs old that's amazing!!  I am sorry for your families loss.  It sounds like she was one very healthy woman, up until the cold.

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 03:14:21 am »
Wow, she's a real trooper.

Sorry to hear of your loss.  The women on my mom's side live pretty long, too, but none have made it that far........... ...yet.  I'm sure grandpa would love the company right now.

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 03:22:23 am »
Wow. What a interesting and wonderful life she must have led!

I am sorry for you and your family's loss, Grandparents are especially hard to lose.(IMO)
Stella

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 04:15:05 am »
I am sorry for your loss  :'(
RIP former BPO

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 04:16:14 am »
So sorry for your loss, Tajsa.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

henrysmomma

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 04:19:35 am »
So sorry about your loss.

Rose

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 04:52:33 am »
Sorry for your loss.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 05:05:02 am »
Don't Forget To Hug You FurBabies Today & Everyday
Tajsa,
           We're sorry to hear of your loss....Please know that you and your family are in our Hearts, Thoughts & Prayers during this difficult time......Gran dma is home with the Lord with her sight & hearing 100% and she's playing with all the loving furbabies..
            107 wonderful years of memories to cherish forever......I f you ever need an ear etc please feel free to contact us....
             Lotta Love & Licks
                               Maria, Katie JoJo & Sassy

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 05:08:35 am »
I am sorry for your loss.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 05:16:17 am »
I'm really glad to hear you are going it's so important for all of your family to be together and share those wonderful memories. Funerals can be so so sad because we all realize how many new memories will not be created, but they can also be filled with such joy recalling all the wonderful memories of the past. (You might consider writing some of  them down when you come home. You'd be surprised how those shared memories will be needed in the future...)

Sorry to ramble on..., I missed my opportunity to do that with my grandfathers, and father's mother, too.

Have a safe trip.

Deena

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 10:42:54 am »
Wow, 107 years old, do you realize what she saw in her lifetime?? The first cars, WW1, WW2, the Stock market crash, The Great Depression, Flappers, Prohibition, The beginning of the Space program and the first man on the moon, early phone systems all the way to video phones and cell phones, electric typewriters to laptop computers, Silent movies to DVD's, I could go on forever!! Learn what you can about this amazing lady so you can tell your daughter all about her. I am sad for your loss but I am in awe of her life!!