Author Topic: I can't believe he caught one!  (Read 14047 times)

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe he caught one!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 12:06:19 am »
Chance, the lab/dane mix that I've been fostering (and have now decided to adopt) is reponsible for 'the great chicken massacre'.  Someone, a neighbor I believe, opened the door to my coop about a month after I brought Chance home.  I came home and let the boys out to play in the yard and went inside to watch the news.  After watching the local and national news, I went out to play with the boys and found 7 of my 10 chickens that had met their demise.  Quite cleanly killed, with no damage to their bodies.  Guess I should take up duck hunting?
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline moosedog

• Gnawer
  • fun in the Christmas snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 12:11:05 am »
Wow am I enjoying all the responses.... It's so nice to know that so many of you have dealt with similarly icky situations 

I was all grins and grimaces reading the story of LaurelGrove's brother bringing in the squirel "stuffie" in the middle of the night  :o

And, I can totally relate to the photos of Hugo!  Argus goes around from tree to tree checking each known squirrel nest and hang out location.  And, Chaosndestruct ion made me glad I don't have a digger...
d &  Argus, CGC

Offline clark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 08:44:54 pm »
Moosedog, my guys are golden/yellow lab mix also.  Jake looks more like a lab with the flat head and the longer coat with yellow coloring.  Buddy looks very much like the picture of your guy - more red/golden coloring, shorter coat, and his head is shaped so funny - I call him lightbulb head!  In your picture he looks a lot like Buddy.  Buddy takes after his dad (so I'm told - never met him) he's stocky - weighs about 95 - 100 pounds. 
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."