Author Topic: Another Grandmother Vent.  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Another Grandmother Vent.
« on: October 15, 2005, 01:00:08 am »
I should get my own forum for these.  :P  OK before I got Sanity I was looking for a dog for me.  My grandmother's little sister has kind of an informal dog rescue and I asked her to keep her eye out, she said she had a couple of dogs and to come up.  Well apparently (This is all un beknownst to me) someone called about a 6 month old Lab Puppy and my aunt decided this was the perfect dog for me (Even though I don't like Labs), and took her in because she knew I would take her.  Well I go up to the farm, bringing Araby with me, and my aunt introduces me to Lucy.  She's a sweet enough dog and everything but I just didn't bond with her or her with me (And Araby detested her because she was a girl).  And she was off the walls, as expected for a Lab.  I thanked my aunt and I thought that was that.  I got Sanity a few months later. 

Well now my aunt always digs into my grandmother how that beautiful dog was gotten for me.  And my grandmother in turn digs it into me when she gets home.  She went there this morning to get eggs and she tells me "So I saw that gorgeous dog at Diane's."  I was kind of out of it and I thought that she had gotten a new dog and I said "Oh which one?"  She says "The one she got for you."  "Oh"  "You know Angela that would have been a wonderful dog for you.  She's so sweet."  "Well I have my dog.  Thanks"  "She would love you just as much as he does."  Sanity gives me a hug.  "She would have given you hugs."  "OK Fram, but I have Sanity and I love him and that's it.  Why doesn't Diney find her a home then?"  "Because she wants you to take her.  I could deal with her better than with that." (Points at Nee).  "What, do you want another dog?"  "Well if you get rid of him than you can take her."  " I DO NOT WANT THAT DOG AND I AM NOT GETTING RID OF MY BABY!"  "He's not a baby he's a beast, and don't yell at me.  I was just trying to help you out."

ARGHHHHHHHHH >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

Re: Another Grandmother Vent.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 01:07:13 am »
Oh man "Fram" upset me too and I am all the way down here  >:( I am sorry you have to put up with that!!!! Give Nee an extra hug for me today  ;)

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 01:11:02 am »
Ang I'm sorry, I would have FLIPPED if someone told me to get rid of Koby for another dog! >:(  This just confirms the fact ya gotta find an apartment or something.  I get so upset when she goes off on you like that.  Maybe you can spend the day with Matt? lol

Andi

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 01:11:25 am »
oh Ang that must be so frustrating for you. Sanity is handsome, loving and funny-if your "Fram" can't see that then she is really missing out on one special boy.
Hugs and kisses to Sanity :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 06:23:33 am »
I swear I cannot believe your grandmother.  The nerve of that woman.  Perhaps she was in hysterics and you should have slapped her.   ;D

Just a thought.

henrysmomma

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 06:28:10 am »
As Stephanie from FULL HOUSE would say

"How Rude!"

LOL just some nostalgic humour at your expense.. ;)

But honestly, just tell that woman to butt-out! Send her to the nearest community center to participate in something productive, other than putting you down all the time.

Rose