Author Topic: Indoor games for big dogs  (Read 1525 times)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Indoor games for big dogs
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:05:56 pm »
Hi all!

Sometimes Daisy needs a quiet indoor game that stimulates her mind....not her monstrous muscles (she gets that need met when she's romping outside). 

We've been playing a game where I put her toy under an upsidedown laundry basket.
She's outgrown the challenge so it's no longer fun.

Any other suggestions of fun games for quiet indoor times?
You know....games that don't make the china shake in the cabinet as those big paws go galloping by.   ;D

Thanks in advance!

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Indoor games for big dogs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 11:50:34 pm »
The hide-a-treats are deffinately the best for stimulating the dog's mind without them running around.

Toys like the kong stuff-a-ball, kong jumping-jack, and even classic kong can be filled with all sorts of treats that they have to work to get out - and they even have some recipes on the kong website (http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.asp) for things to fill the classic kong with. Nylabone, booda, and planet dog also make treat dispensing toys. There is also a brand that makes purple stuff-a-treats - I can't remember which one it is right now, but it's actually zoey's favorite...

Another thing to do to take it a step beyond just getting out the treat is to play hide and seek with it. You can put a treat in the toy, have the dog smell it so they know what it smells like, and  then have the dog go outside or in another room and hide the toy. That way they get the challenge of finding the toy, and the challenge of getting the treat out of the toy
RIP former BPO