Author Topic: I live in Georgia and im looking to adopt a dane!  (Read 3780 times)

Offline VansMom

• Gnawer
  • My fellow Van
    • View Profile
I live in Georgia and im looking to adopt a dane!
« on: October 17, 2005, 04:55:55 am »
I have done alot of reading and homework and discussed it with my family..So we are looking for a dane and thought he would be a good place to start.The only thing we as is...kid friendly as well as dog and a cat...We are so excited and hopefull we will find a new family member soon...

;DJanice

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Re: I live in Georgia and im looking to adopt a dane!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 05:05:19 am »
Have you tried your local rescue?  That would be a good place to start. :)

Here's a link to look up a local rescue.

http://great-dane-rescue.org/rescue.html#Georgia
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 05:07:28 am by lilysmom »
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline VansMom

• Gnawer
  • My fellow Van
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:03:29 pm »
Ill check it out.. Thanks for the link!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:47:27 pm »
Howdy, I live in TN and we see SO MANY danes come through rescue here... what are you looking for? Male or female? Pup or adult? If you have any trouble at all finding one in GA let me know and I bet I can help you find what you are looking for. I think I live in the give-up-your-dane capital of the world. Young danes are surrendered to the pound WEEKLY here in middle Tennessee.
Exciting times, planning for a new pooch!!!
 ;D

(ps. I have family in GA so I could help with transport if we found one here)

Offline evlmprs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 12:02:23 am »
I just adopted beautiful Lola from a great dane breeder in Georgia.  She may be able to help you locate a dane - either through a local rescue or breeder.  Her name is Deidre.  See her website at http://www.dozerdanes.com.

Offline VansMom

• Gnawer
  • My fellow Van
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 09:15:29 pm »
Howdy, I live in TN and we see SO MANY danes come through rescue here... what are you looking for? Male or female? Pup or adult? If you have any trouble at all finding one in GA let me know and I bet I can help you find what you are looking for. I think I live in the give-up-your-dane capital of the world. Young danes are surrendered to the pound WEEKLY here in middle Tennessee.
Exciting times, planning for a new pooch!!!
 ;D

(ps. I have family in GA so I could help with transport if we found one here)

I just sah your post.. Oh that would be so great. I would rather rescue or adopt then to go to a breeder since there are so many that need homes.I am looking for a young dane..Since I would love for the kids to grow up with their dog.Have to be dog friendly since I have Van.And like cats..I know its a long shot but my roomie...made it clear she only wants dog in the house that likes cat..feel free to email me...thanks janice

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 11:37:24 pm »

I just sah your post.. Oh that would be so great. I would rather rescue or adopt then to go to a breeder since there are so many that need homes.I am looking for a young dane..Since I would love for the kids to grow up with their dog.Have to be dog friendly since I have Van.And like cats..I know its a long shot but my roomie...made it clear she only wants dog in the house that likes cat..feel free to email me...thanks janice

Cool, there is a "big dog" adoption event this coming weekend and I will go scope out some danes and report back! I think there will be quite a few there.  ;D I'll take pictures!

Offline VansMom

• Gnawer
  • My fellow Van
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 12:40:54 am »
 ;DThat would be great..Send them to grneyedgagyrl7 7@yahoo.com thats my email... thanks so much

Janice ;)